Book

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
TheIronMaiden
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:Knightmare novels

Post by TheIronMaiden »

Funnily enough I found my old books the other month and went through 'em. I never touched the stories when I first got them, too long and too small letters for my munchkin mind! Now I sailed through 'em in about two days :D
Fortress Of Assassins definately my favourite. Is it just me or is the role-playing bit of Labyrinths Of Fear insanely hard?
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

I'd agree with that. It's engrossing, with lots of different options; but there are very few avenues that allow you to get all the way to the end. It seems to depend on choosing the right objects at the beginning.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

Sadly, the only novel I own is that hidden path one. I found it in a charity shop. Although the story is a little dull for me, and the quest section is annoyingly out of character. I really can't imagine Sly Hands engaging in fisticuffs with anyone.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

If anyone's interested, I still have two spare copies each of Can You Beat The Challenge, Labyrinths of Fear, and Fortress of Assassins respectively.

Ignore the prices on the K:R site, I'll sell them for £1 each (inc. p&p). Let me know in you're interested in buying one of them.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Post by Mashibinbin »

They're a good set of books overall and James' offer is a good'un! Perhaps having seperate novels and gamebooks might have worked out better as that's what they did with the Fighting Fantasy books and the Trilogy did rather well unfortunately the Zagor Chronicles less well...
Carpe Diem - sieze the moment.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I really only did one novel/short story of Knightmare, based in Series 3... Its a bit poor but that is because I worked on Project K most of the time
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

I've got part of a knightmare story that I'm working on posted at Fanfiction.net. but there's only one chapter so far.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

LF's domain on ebay?

Post by Mashibinbin »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 20342&rd=1

The last of the Knightmare books and by all accounts the toughest to obtain apparently availiable on Ebay now. Not 100% sure due to wrong picture displayed! ::)
Carpe Diem - sieze the moment.
dontyoulikemypie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dontyoulikemypie »

I've still got my set too. I remember thinking how the adventures were nothing like Knightmare really and a lot more like the Fighting Fantasy books which I also collected. The novel parts of the books were brilliant though, giving everyone backstory like that!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Morris

Post by Drassil »

The Knightmare novels were written by a Mr. Morris. In KMVR, Lord Fear's middle name was revealed to be... Morris. Do you think that's more than a coincidence?
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

That is a poser that one, isn't it? ;D
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I'm certain that this has been talked about somewhere before - in one of the threads discussing the pilot (in fact, I started the Km-VR Pilot Discussion thread after reading a spoiler about this very topic). Can't find it anywhere, though. :S
Subject to change.
jimboo
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Help! Looking for lord fear's Domain

Post by jimboo »

Hi

This book seems to be very hard to get hold of! Any idea of where I can get it? Tried amazon/ebay/abebooks/justbooks

thanks!
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Re:Help! Looking for lord fear's Domain

Post by Illusion »

I've always found it strange that this book (the last one in 1994) was always hard to find. Maybe it had a smaller print run or wasn't reprinted as Knightmare finished.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Naitch
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Help! Looking for lord fear's Domain

Post by Naitch »

I have that book.

Not the best. But it's still Knightmare

I did find this thning on the internet that lists shops that have different books in.

I'll try and find it and post the link...