computer version

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
HobGoblin
Staff
Staff

Re: Book

Post by HobGoblin »

Yes, the game was hard!

I seem to remember a CITV competition to win a C64 and a copy of the game. As part of the item they previewed the game and I'm pretty sure gave away the solution of the DIG puzzle. So they must have known it was almost impossible to work out!
Extreme warning team, a Hobgoblin in the level!
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
HobGoblin
Staff
Staff

Post by HobGoblin »

No, was it any good?

I never had a 16 bit computer. I had to ask Santa for a snes once Street Fighter 2 had captured my gaming heart.

Sorry Alan, we've gone off topic again.
Extreme warning team, a Hobgoblin in the level!
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

I've never played it, I was hoping someone here had!!
I only ever had a c64, game boy and a PC, much like today but without the game boy.. lol too old for video games now.
UnclePob
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by UnclePob »

wombstar wrote:Ever played this version?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0d3vYNVWw8
I played that on my Atari ST back in the day. I also played the original game on my Amstrad CPC. Both were completely different to each other, made by completely different developers, and neither had a great deal to do with the TV program.

They were quite good, in there own rights, but not as Knightmare.

I don't think either developer really "got" Knightmare. They just created some game, included Treguard somewhere, the Helmet of Justice somewhere, a couple of odd references here and there. Granitas was in the 8-bit game, Lord Fear was at least referenced in the 16-Bit game (though I never saw him) but that game at least had Pookas.

Most of the dungeon rules were thrown out, and both games contained a whole lot of combat (well, the 8-bit game had you throwing rocks).

To this day I still await a proper classic-style Knightmare gaming experience: the dungeon chambers we know and love, the characters we know and love, plenty of Level 1, 2 and 3 scripts to go at, and enough expandability for a brand new adventure every time. Right now, in the 21st Century and the age of the internet, that possibility definitely exists...
stockholmsyndrome
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by stockholmsyndrome »

Yes I had the computer game and I was so disappointed! I couldn't get out of the 2nd room!! ???[/quote]

Haha same here on the old commador, expecting low-fi adventure but couldn't get out of the second room ;D Could of enlisted the help of games master aka Patrick Moore I suppose...
UnclePob
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by UnclePob »

stockholmsyndrome wrote:Haha same here on the old commador, expecting low-fi adventure but couldn't get out of the second room ;D Could of enlisted the help of games master aka Patrick Moore I suppose...
You're kidding 8-o

Give the old man the food and the water (you start off with these already in your inventory), and then ask the old man. He'll drop a spade, so pick it up and go to the second room, then dig by the door.
HStorm wrote:I imagine they didn't go for Robin Hood as a character because Tim Child was getting fed up of characters derived from old legends in the series. It's why Morghanna only lasted one season, and why he eventually got rid of Mogdred and Merlin too.
I was under the impression that John Woodnutt was unable to continue playing the roles for health reasons, after which he sadly passed away. I've not heard of those characters being axed for any reason other than Woodnutt simply not being available, so this is news to me.
stockholmsyndrome
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by stockholmsyndrome »

UnclePob wrote:
stockholmsyndrome wrote:Haha same here on the old commador, expecting low-fi adventure but couldn't get out of the second room ;D Could of enlisted the help of games master aka Patrick Moore I suppose...
You're kidding 8-o

Give the old man the food and the water (you start off with these already in your inventory), and then ask the old man. He'll drop a spade, so pick it up and go to the second room, then dig by the door.

Hey thanks for this, it was a long, long road to the second room obviously :green: Made more amusing/frustrating by the Treguard head popping up basically calling you a loser "This action is fruitless" etc.

I will stay well away from that game, and still convinced its a truman show style conspiracy, there is no 3rd room ;)
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

After that the game does get a bit better, I don't recall any other really stupid puzzles like the spade.

Never been a quality Knightmare video game, long over due. Should be done with original voice cast. :D
Gundrada
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gundrada »

wombstar wrote:After that the game does get a bit better, I don't recall any other really stupid puzzles like the spade.

Never been a quality Knightmare video game, long over due. Should be done with original voice cast. :D
I remember the KM Game on the Spectrum was bloody hard! 15 minutes of the screechy TV Screen only to be able to move 2 rooms (I have never seem my brother throw tantrums of such epic proportions)! ;D
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Lets watch how it was meant to be done.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZMtNoIY8z0