Wrong Path (Or Was it?)

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
MJNSEIFER
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Wrong Path (Or Was it?)

Post by MJNSEIFER »

You know them times when people got the "Wrong" path so they were put in a generic place that *could* have killed them (And it did)?

But it's not the same as getting stuck in a room that has no Exit is it?

Take for example, when Danny (Series one) Went left istead of right and died in a Bomb Room, What would happen if he had gotten out the other door? Would he still be allowed to carry on?

Another point is that team who missed their stop on the decender and then were killed in the Coridor of Blades.

What would happen if they had survived it? Would it still be the wrong path?
MJNSEIFER
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Was Right ever Wrong?

Post by MJNSEIFER »

It seams to me that when ever a team die for taking the wrong path, They always go left when the should go right, Has it ever been the other way round?

(This was a seperate post but it was moved here for some reason)
Last edited by MJNSEIFER on 12 Mar 2006, 20:42, edited 1 time in total.
TuragaNuju
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Wrong Path (Or Was it?)

Post by TuragaNuju »

An interesting question, one I fear only the wisest of all Pooka's could answer. :'(

If by some vague chance that they DID survive....

They would probably let them continue their quest, until a point where they meet a character/trap who wants knowledge/spell gained earlier
Treguard: "Ooh.. nasty. Still, We Can Have A Toilet Break Now - I'm Bursting!"
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

weeeeeellllll.... We don't have an exact situation like that but we do have something similar.... Anyone remember the Glasgow team who stepped off into the quicksand? (can't remember series off the top of my head.)

They were apparently let-off from an earlier mistake (I believe the serpents tongue crossing) only to survive a couple rooms before the quicksand incident.That felt like an engineered death....
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
natnut
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by natnut »

yes it was series 3! mind you, the quicksand death was kind of unfair,as noone knew it was quicksand,and so many other teams after that one stood in it too. But treaguard was quick to warn them to "stay to the path". why was this team any different?
"Remember, play fair, or fear play foul, the game resumes on the witching hour."
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

I think having gotten away with an earlier one, it was only fair the Uddingston team were treated more strictly.

As for other teams who stepped off the path in the Vale, I think they got away with it because they trod on a safer patch of ground; Gavin stepped onto sand that was a good deal brighter in colour, suggesting it was much more viscous.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Naitch
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Naitch »

Hi

It would appear that it would be a penalty for choosing the wrong path

But as to what would happen if they survived poses a very interesting question.

I also recall the Dungeoneer of a team that walked off a cliff!.

Then there was the dungeoneer that kept reappearing in the same room! If memory serves, it was in a room with a wall monster...
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

No, it was just a bog standard room on level 2 with four doors, and no markings anywhere to indicate which way to go.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
natnut
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by natnut »

they didnt have a divining rod to get out! think they were from my home town portsmouth actually! as for the cliff one(series 3) one team died in morhannas room on a VERY thin ledge whist being chased by a ghoul! hence my question...why are some teams quest rooms harder than others?
"Remember, play fair, or fear play foul, the game resumes on the witching hour."
Naitch
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Naitch »

That's right.

Memory didn't serve 100% then.

Watched the tape back and memories have come flooding back!

Thanks for the reminders though...
natnut
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by natnut »

Personally i think that Series 3 was the strictest series with regards to winners! 13 quests yet not one winner! although at least 3 came very very close! Such a shame! but altogether excellent gripping viewing....have to say one of my favourite series!
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Check the Adventurer's Code! You should always go right if there are no other indications. :'(
AKA Ross 'Raven's Eye' Thompson
Knightmare Audio Series
PhoenixFlame
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by PhoenixFlame »

Granitas Is Cute wrote: Check the Adventurer's Code! You should always go right if there are no other indications. :'(
Yup, as the left hand path is supposed to be kinda related to evil, and I know it features quite heavily in the books that if there is no indication you shouldn't go left because something bad will happen to you! :-)
Rising from the ashes once again....
Willowherb
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Willowherb »

Greetings once more... after a long absence.

It's the old 'left' taboo coming into play here (left = 'sinister'; geddit?) On the odd occasion when you were supposed to go left it was made VERY clear with some clue or other because occasions like that were the exception:

"When faced with death, you must go left
Or you from life will be bereft" (The Oracle to Leo, series 3)

I always imagine though, that there's a kind of code they worked with in the programme - going left/making some other minor mistake in Level 1 sets you up for a shock, such as a particularly nasty floor puzzle to solve - something you probably wouldn't have had to encounter otherwise. Going left/making a mistake in Levels 2 or 3, on the other hand, equals messy death.
Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Dan »

Snowcat wrote: weeeeeellllll.... We don't have an exact situation like that
I would say that we do...
natnut wrote: Personally i think that Series 3 was the strictest series
...and the example I'm thinking of is in Series 3, oddly enough :)

Consider Series 3, Team 9 - Scott and co. They mistime their leap off the spindizzy and go through the wrong door - the correct one is clearly marked with the symbol of their quest, and Treguard even says that they're now facing one of Merlin's additional puzzles. They survive, because it's not a terribly difficult puzzle, but they've already missed out on the first step. Even so they're not forcibly killed...