Hordriss (season3)

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Hordriss (season3)

Post by Purgatory »

you know it's hard to imagine him in the later shows while watching him now... far more sinister, and not as 'goofy'
after watching him help out the teams see him more than ready to kill them is just odd..

But it does kinda explain the lack of interference from Mogdred.. Hordriss did say in season 4 Mogdred power was for stronger than his.. but with Hordriss in the 1st and 2nd levels i guess witch is why he kept away from them in season 3 and 4.

But i can't help but think it would have been better to allow Hordriss to also guard the levels 3 quest objects.. mind you that may cause problems for later shows.. But see him on the ledge and in the L2 clue room.. isn't much different than Mogdreds season 2 appearance..

Kinda feel more should have been done with his character in his early showings..
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Billy
Knight
Knight

Re:Hordriss (season3)

Post by Billy »

As Treguard said in S3 Ep5, Hordriss wasn't part of the light side or the dark side, but he was more of a 'dark grey'. But in Series 4, 5 and most of 6 he became neutral, despite the loss of Merlin from S5 onwards. He only switched to the Powers That Be in S6 Ep14.
paullomas
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by paullomas »

i never new merlin left i fort he has always been innit
check me out at www.lookitsme.co.uk/lomas2
and my crazy/skateboarding site out at www.geocities.com/derik_kitchen
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

The character of Hordriss I think was weakened by making him more of a comic character. I know we need that in Knightmare, but that came from other characters eg Sidriss, Motley etc.

It's hard to believe that this character is the same one that so frequently gets caught by Lord Fear.

One of the interesting developements were the "pacts" of S4 concerning the eyeshield. Either he or Malice would request something from the dungeoneer in return for the Eye Shield. However, Malice is also seen as the main baddy in level 3. I wonder if Hordriss would have appeared in a similar way if more teams made it this far.

We have previously discussed if the character of Hordriss would have been kept should a Series 9 have been made at the time orif the character would have became old.

Personally, I would hope to see Hordriss returnbut as a character similar to Merlin, givng magic out if earned through riddles etc.
Good night out there; whatever you are!
paullomas
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by paullomas »

yeah i agree :D :D
check me out at www.lookitsme.co.uk/lomas2
and my crazy/skateboarding site out at www.geocities.com/derik_kitchen
Crazedhefer
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Crazedhefer »

Hordriss was at his best when he was totally neutral and dungeoneers had to tread carefully when meeting him. If we see Hordriss return in any future series, that is how I would hope to see him. It was this mysterious, almost sinister quality which made him my favourite Knightmare character.

In later years, he was still a strong character but his allegiance with the powers-that-be made his appearences more predictable and therefore less dramatic.
The only true wisdom consists of knowing that we know nothing.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

Paul stop all that spam!

It was the S3 ep not long ago when he appears in the clue room for the 1st time.. very creepy. he would have made a perfect bad guy, and the bad ones are always more fun! lol

when did he start to were his amulet? he looks empty with out it..

But the season 4 comments.. is interesting.. trouble it as i said before if we saw him as the finial battle him becoming 'good' would have been far more interesting.. Plus Hordriss lost a battle to that 'green wizard' in s7.. so he can't be that powerful, mind you it was one of his spells that put LF in his pool.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Not again! :(
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/