The Causeway

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
hermonifus
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:The Causeway

Post by hermonifus »

In my capacity as general saddo, here's an intricate comparative analysis...

Corridor of Blades

No. of teams to encounter it: 10 (Alistair, Dickon, Giles, Sarah, Duncan, Sofia, Barry, Daniel, Dunstan, Oliver - I refuse to include Simon from series 4 in this as he was aided by Gundrada)

No. of teams survived: 6 (Dickon, Giles, Sofia, Barry, Dunstan, Oliver)
No. of teams killed: 4 (Alistair, Sarah, Duncan, Daniel)

Okay, so, 40% of its appearances have resulted in the end to a quest, while 60% have seen it traversed successfully.

Now onto the hexagonal causeways.

No. of total appearances: 31 (okay, I'm including the two appearances of the Great Causeway and, on a more debatable note, the only appearance of the Shapes and Numerals puzzle, which is effectively season five's level three causeway).

Times survived: 25
Times teams have died: 6 (Kathryn - Level 2, Jenna - Level 1, Alex - Level 2, Matt - Level 2, Alan - Level 3, Sofia - Great Causeway (Level 3))

As a percentage then, 81% of attempts have proved successful, while 19% have produced kills.

So, um, yeah, the corridor of blades has a higher kill ratio overall. But 40% is lower than I might've expected...

Mind, interestingly, the corridor of blades made only three appearances in total in both seasons five and six. In season five, it has a 100% kill ratio. The causeways, however, manage only 21%.

Anyway, resume the interesting part of the discussion now! Boring interlude over... ;) (Think I need to get out more...)
123Pooka
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by 123Pooka »

interesting stuff! ;)

C.o.b beats the hexagonal causeways for sure then in killing ratio.

Perhaps this is leading to a topic of the most dangerous obstacle in knightmare, based on appearances, and kills. I think the block and tackle would have a good chance of winning.

I still think the s5/6 causeways (despite many appearances) were still very dangerous.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back. Oooh nasty, didn't realise the road ended there!
Gizensha
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Gizensha »

Wow. Even me, as a self admitted non-fan of the causeway, thaught it had a higher kill ratio than that. And I thaught the cob had about a 50% kill ratio. Knew it had killed four teams, I just thaught only eight encountered it.