Folly

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Folly

Post by Purgatory »

Dunno about you lot... but Folly was FAR better then Motley... now Motley was good but compared to folly he was kinda dull, and Folly has that Jester/demonic clown look... Molty.. just normal.

1st time as far as i can recall i have seen Folly,
Mind you Motleys jester Doll is a lot better, but i do prefer the red/green colours to the yellow/red..
pity they both didn't take part together, that would have been interesting. And Folly does have more of a history.. so I've been told from the books.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Folly

Post by HStorm »

Folly was, at least occasionally, able to tell a funny joke. His outfit was less tatty, he was less boastful, and his accent was, by degrees, less irritating than the overcooked cockney noise.

Having said that, Motley probably had slightly more personality (though not much) but I reckon that was more because he was in 5 seasons while Folly was only in one and a bit.

Overall, Folly was definitely better.
Last edited by HStorm on 12 Jun 2004, 23:05, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

Well that right... Motley had along run to develop.. I'm sure after a while Folly would have become alittle 'stale'

He seems to to be more into it to,
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Willowherb
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Willowherb »

Folly? Arrgh! I don't particularly like Motley, but at least he doesn't make as much noise! I'm afraid my favourite episode with Folly is the one where he loses his laugh. He was a better character in the first Knightmare novel than he ever was in the series.

One thing I will say for him - he wasn't as much of a coward as Motley. Folly did actually volunteer to distract that wandering beast in the corridor (a Catacombite?) for one of the dungeoneers. Motley always just legged it.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

...Except for the time when Motley faced up to Ariadne and scared her off!
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Willowherb
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Willowherb »

Which episode was that? My lingering memory of Motley is of him running away from Gundrada, Gwendoline, Bal-Sheba and other random sorts.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

It was mid-season 4 when a dungeoneer "played the joker" in Ariadne's tree lair.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Willowherb
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Willowherb »

Ahh.. My series 4 is, alas, not complete. I'll look out for that one. Okay, so he's a coward on (almost) every occasion.