Those that were denied...

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Moocowthingy
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Unfair deaths

Post by Moocowthingy »

I suppose the question I must ask that no one else has is why were the next team not there?.  In fact if teams were allowed another 2-3 rooms and each room took an hour to set up then why was the next team 2-3 hours from being there?.  Of course if the next team arrived 1 hour after a team had died and been allowed to carry on then they could be kept waiting or even sent home unfairly?.

Hypathetical situtaion

14:00: Team A going well in quest.  Team B are 2 hrs from being there ( Whatever that means ).  Production staff must now make a decision about bringing in team B as only so much filming can be done in one day.  Lets say for arguments sake that filming finishes at 17:00.  They decide not to bring in Team B.

14:30: Team A dies, so now they have to be let off.

Now potentialy there is time to film 3 more rooms, what if they die again?.  Or do they make the rooms easy?.  Maybe some teams died 2 or maybe 3 times.  The mind boggles. There are far to many situtations to the questions and if I dont stop now I could go into the meaning of life, paralel universes or what my dreams mean lol.
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

Sorry to all for butting in here but I got a question for MooCowThingy.

You posted at 3:29 AM!!  'Aint that a hell of a time to be getting hypothetical on us? ! ?

I thought I was bad for insomnia!!

*** 'we now return you to ........"Unfair Deaths" ' ***

;)

AJK
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

the 'but' spell wasn't an un fair death, the team need quick thinking.  thats the whole point.  
if someone is about to strike u with a fireball u don't spell out a word that u'll never finish in time..  It was the teams stupidity that cost them on that one.

The oppisites rules was explaned.. and again it was up to the team to work them out... but a little help should been offerd.  

But what about Un fair left offs?  hence todays episode and not being killed by the blocker.. talk about cheat.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I'll opt for Series 7 Team 5 (Ben's quest) since it wasn't exactly made that clear to them of when to use the darkness powder, hence being unable to complete the spell as a result.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
SrWilson3S
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SrWilson3S »

Oh belive me you will get to see some blocker chomping action soon ;).
In perhaps one of the most hillarious scenarios in KMs history but I won't spoil it for people who havent seen it yet.
but just hold on about 3 more episodes and all will be revealed  ;D
Last edited by SrWilson3S on 13 Nov 2003, 02:49, edited 1 time in total.
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

ooh, I look forward to that one ;D
Moocowthingy
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Moocowthingy »

[quote]Sorry to all for butting in here but I got a question for MooCowThingy.

You posted at 3:29 AM!!  'Aint that a hell of a time to be getting hypothetical on us? ! ?

I thought I was bad for insomnia!!

*** 'we now return you to ........"Unfair Deaths" ' ***

;)

Ive been a late nighter since my early teens.  Developed some kind of odd addiction to Prisoner cell block H and other very bad late night stuff like Married with children and three's company.

Since then I bought a Dreacast and first became an internet addict on Dreamarena followed by a dreamcast online game addict.  A lot of the games I bought were USA only releases so the only times to find people on the game servers was between 12am and 5am.  

I love love being up late thats just me Ive been like it for years now.  Changes are afoot however as Ive just this minute taken a new job with early starts so I wont be posting here so often or so late anymore :( .  Moneys good though :)
Last edited by Moocowthingy on 15 Nov 2003, 03:04, edited 1 time in total.
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

talking abot best teams!!!

Post by knightmaredave »

we alwaysseem to discuss best teams but some of them only ever include the winning ones what about the ones who did well but met a nasty demise!!!
oh btw people u rpg lot get in rtouch!!! only dave has mailed!!! am still in germany but back sooN!!!
knightmaredave
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re:talking abot best teams!!!

Post by knightmaredave »

oh and i forgot to put my fave down!!
Maybe leos team almost made it!! or team with the dungeoneer Sofia -were great for entertainment especially when they back mouthed elita!!!
oh the rason i am posting a lot today because:
A) i am bored and ill and need something to do
+b) i have had no time to visit the site
c) have been wanted to make comments for aged but never got roudn to it!!
he he lol
knightmaredave
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

The best team never to win was probably the last team od season 4. They were very hard done by as they were deep in level 3 and may well have gone on to win had the season time not expired.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Pipmuk
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Pipmuk »

I think the best team in series 3 (the northern lad guy) and the last (end of series) team of s4

it was a shame to see them not win
keke
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by keke »

all the teams who never got to complete their quest because of the end of a season
Knightmare game completion:
Level 1: 100%
Level 2: 8%
Level 3: 1%
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

Maybe they did get to carry on and this was not shown because there wasn't enough time.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

No they didn't, studio time is always at a premium and as such very expensive, so once season time ran out, that was it. No more playing until the start of the time allocated for the following season.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Brendy
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Brendy »

In my opinon the best team to not win was Giles in series 4. They really did get pass everything thrown at them getting the block and tackle and corridor of blades in level 3. All they needed was possibly 5 more minutes to complete the transporter pad room, cast tiny and win. They prob would has got another weeping door room though, it seems a shame though as it didnt seem that Dickons quest had as many rooms in level 3.