Search found 70 matches

by SpectralScorpion
Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:55 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: The homesick quest
Replies: 20
Views: 9291

Re: any teams ever kicked off KM?

You think? I thought it was the one in season 5 where Christopher turned into a goblin. ??? I think Chris' quest was so farfetched it could only have occurred through leaving the team to their own devices. ;D I see what you mean, though - if it was Chris then Tim probably would have wanted them to ...
by SpectralScorpion
Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:48 pm
Topic: The homesick quest
Replies: 20
Views: 9291

Re: any teams ever kicked off KM?

Going back to the reasons Tim Child would curtail teams, in the case of homesickness he refused to name the team and said that you couldn't recognise them on screen. If I remember rightly in Season 1 or 2 a team only took one item from the clue room and Treguard didn't inform them they could take tw...
by SpectralScorpion
Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:12 pm
Topic: Deaths that were both deserving and undeserving
Replies: 11
Views: 6552

Re: Deaths that were both deserving and undeserving

Cliff from Series 3 remains my controversial death of choice, though I can't decide whether it was deserved or undeserved. McGrew only started pleading a second or so before they exited, but who's to blame? McGrew for speaking so late or Cliff and co. for making a hasty exit? To be honest I would ha...
by SpectralScorpion
Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:51 pm
Topic: Knightmare moments that made you laugh out loud
Replies: 23
Views: 12278

Re: Knightmare moments that made you laugh out loud

My favourites: "We're dead, Alan." The way he says it is priceless. Gideon screaming 'Oh My God!' at everything. Barry in general was brilliant, though there were two moments that really made me laugh: Barry trying to convince Sly Hands to drink the Freeze potion. "Does it taste of alcohol?" "Well, ...
by SpectralScorpion
Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:45 pm
Forum: Newbie Welcome
Topic: Another Knewbie
Replies: 10
Views: 4135

Re: Another Knewbie

Really? I think the pilot was good, but the dungeoneer and the advisor were obviously reading scripts or something because they seemed to have zero enthusiasm. Nah, I just didn't like it. For me the whole idea of Knightmare was the importance of communication, but if the Dungeoneer can see what the...
by SpectralScorpion
Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:16 pm

Think it might have been 2003 that I started watching, but I can't be sure. I clearly missed a fair bit as I only ever remember watching one winning team (Dickon from S4). The rest I read about on here then watched on YouTube. Hey, Knightmare may make it back yet even if it's only in rerun form. I s...
by SpectralScorpion
Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:14 pm
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Could any of the 8 winning teams have won in Season 3?
Replies: 4
Views: 5993

Re: Could any of the 8 winning teams have won in Season 3?

In short: yes, I think they could have, but only if they played a game with the same difficulty level as Martin's. Where the largest stone ring in England is seems like a cruel question even by the difficulty level of the show, but Martin lost out due to a simple mistake on a question that wasn't ex...
by SpectralScorpion
Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:24 pm

Canadanne wrote:Welcome - love the username!
Thanks. :D I genuinely thought it would have been taken in some form by now, so I got a pleasant surprise when it was accepted.
by SpectralScorpion
Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:40 pm
Forum: Cast and Crew Questions
Topic: Edmund Dehn interview for 25th anniversary documentary
Replies: 13
Views: 5190

Re: Interview with Edmund Dehn

I have a question:

Was there a character you liked/disliked playing more than the others? If so, why?

I was also scared of the Automatum. Made my seven year-old self turn away from the telly every time. ;D
by SpectralScorpion
Thu May 31, 2012 7:03 pm

Another Knewbie

Hello all. Been browsing this forum for a while now but have only just decided to get an account. I first got into the show when Challenge were airing repeats. The year evades me but it was definitely Series 3 that started my love of Knightmare. Throughout that time it was my Saturday morning progra...