Search found 88 matches

by Kawaii_Catgirl
Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:27 pm
Forum: Bring Back Knightmare
Topic: Knightmare DVD Petition
Replies: 217
Views: 84304

Re: Knightmare DVD Petition

Some of those petitions in the Top 25 are so funny! "Swiss people are eating their own pets! We must stop this!"  =^_^=
by Kawaii_Catgirl
Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:13 pm
Forum: Knightmare on Challenge?
Topic: One question
Replies: 38
Views: 12463

Re: CHALLENGE RATINGS

Well, I think we can work out something from that ratings table... People really really like Takeshi's Castle! Hmm...maybe I could rewire my street's cable TV boxes to switch over to Challenge at 11.30... Does it matter whether the TV is on or not, because then it could happen when people are asleep!
by Kawaii_Catgirl
Sat Jul 05, 2003 4:55 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Easter Eggs
Replies: 7
Views: 3300

Re: Easter Eggs

The letters appearing ("EXCALIBAR", bad spelling I know) were actually in the early part of series 3.
by Kawaii_Catgirl
Sat Jul 05, 2003 3:38 pm
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Did you see Knightmare last night?
Replies: 13
Views: 6052

Re: Did you see Knightmare last night?

What?!?!?

12.30 AM?

Damn... I tuned in at 11.30 PM as usual, but it was Night Fever or something like that. And my damned NTL bar said "Programme information not available", so I didn't know...

And I was looking forward to the beginning of S4, too! The theme music is the coolest!
by Kawaii_Catgirl
Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:08 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: DISMISS versus UNITE
Replies: 11
Views: 4639

DISMISS versus UNITE

Treguard must've gotten the short end of the stick here - normally, Spellcasting spells appear on the screen, letter by letter. Treguard's DISMISS spell doesn't do this - however, his UNITE spell (and Merlin's too) does. It should've been quite simple and relatively cheap to animate it once, then ha...
by Kawaii_Catgirl
Thu Jul 03, 2003 3:11 pm
Topic: Martin
Replies: 69
Views: 27411

Re: Martin

Or maybe it was a protection spell? Anyway, it sucks that in series 3, one wrong answer means the crew had to kill the team off. I knew as soon as they gave the answer to Owen that they were going to die because of it.

On a side note - Owen, the Welsh dragon! Why wasn't he in more episodes?
by Kawaii_Catgirl
Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:29 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: What age are you...?
Replies: 283
Views: 122634

Re: What age are you...?

I'm 17, so I must've started watching in around 1991 (series 5).
by Kawaii_Catgirl
Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:14 pm
Forum: Behind the Scenes
Topic: Production and editing
Replies: 3
Views: 2047

Re: Production and editing

The updates before the episodes were most likely filmed at the end of the series, when all the editing was complete. Before then, there was no way of knowing where time-outs would occur - imagine if Treguard narrated a couple of rooms past the time-out from the previous episode! And the beginning/en...
by Kawaii_Catgirl
Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:09 pm
Topic: Series 3 - Episode 8
Replies: 42
Views: 24092

Re: The left path

Ja, that made more sense... Sorry about the really long explanation, but I like explaining stuff.
by Kawaii_Catgirl
Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:37 pm
Topic: Martin
Replies: 69
Views: 27411

Re: Martin

Yes, I noticed that as well. I like how Martin will tell his advisors to get a move on, talks back to them if he doesn't like their ideas, etc. He even came up with a joke to tell Motley, on his own! I think far more dungeoneers should've been talkative.

And yes, the "Oi! Boo!" was a classic.
by Kawaii_Catgirl
Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:59 pm

The teams don't "time out" at all during recording - for all intents and purposes, they have a continuous quest with no breaks aside from those needed to set up new rooms. The beginning and ending bits are recorded later and edited in. That's why the advisors are always pointing at the screen or tal...
by Kawaii_Catgirl
Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:41 pm

If the advisors talk for too long and can't decide (or start an argument with eachother!) the extrenuous material is cut in post-production to keep the length of each show the same.
by Kawaii_Catgirl
Tue Jul 01, 2003 3:59 pm
Topic: Series 3 - Episode 13
Replies: 54
Views: 29227

Re: Offer the goblins a present, Julie!

Yes, the music was a little bit of a hint. But the real problem was this: Julie walks down the corridor. "Um, you're in a corridor, there's doors on either side, people in the distance, symbols above the doors, I had cornflakes for breakfast, and I bought this top in the high street where I live. It...
by Kawaii_Catgirl
Tue Jul 01, 2003 3:44 pm
Forum: News Discussion
Topic: Guestbook
Replies: 16
Views: 9464

Re: Guestbook

Fake tan? Oh, I remember, one of the GJs said that a couple of weeks ago about poor Treguard's complexion... I reckon Hugo should go over to the Challenge offices and sort him out.

BTW, do you think that that's the real Vic Reeves posting above Anthony in the guestbook?