Search found 1993 matches

by GrimaldineGrimwold
Wed Nov 20, 2002 9:30 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Fear (no, not HIM)
Replies: 121
Views: 39142

Re: Fear (no, not HIM)

Series 3 was definitely scary. I too loved those animated dwarf tunnels, especially as the life force was often superimposed on the side just to make it even more tense. Somehow the "real" dwarf tunnels in later series never did anything for me, or perhaps it was just the expectation of the appearan...
by GrimaldineGrimwold
Wed Nov 20, 2002 9:03 pm
Forum: Website Feedback
Topic: Questions for Nic/Illusion
Replies: 18
Views: 6629

More Questions for Nic/Illusion

Do you mind me adding a few of my own here James? 3) I was look through the Series Guides for Series 3 earlier with Christmas in mind. I can't get the link for Level 1 to work any more. Is that just me or is something wrong? 4) I'm not a website designer or anything, but I've seen on other forums wh...
by GrimaldineGrimwold
Wed Nov 20, 2002 2:29 am
Topic: Fear (no, not HIM)
Replies: 121
Views: 39142

Fear (no, not HIM)

I don't remember anyone specifically asking this. Which aspects of Knightmare really scared you? A particular scene, death, creature, puzzle, or what? I can think of several, but the one that most frightened me was Ariadne's Lair. I think it was the creepy sound effects that were often used when she...
by GrimaldineGrimwold
Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:01 pm
Forum: Knightmare on Challenge?
Topic: Challenge TV to show Knightmare this Christmas
Replies: 49
Views: 19675

Re: Challenge TV to show Knightmare this Christmas

Yes, it's interesting that they've only secured the rights for one series. From what they'd said previously, it looked like they'd get the full rights. I guess they decided to be a little cautious, and as Tom suggests, to see how the ratings go over Christmas. If the ratings are decent, I'd guess th...
by GrimaldineGrimwold
Tue Nov 19, 2002 4:48 pm
Topic: Riddles
Replies: 36
Views: 14030

Re: Riddles

Hmm, the more I think about it, the more I agree with Ark about the observational questions. I'd still like the Brollachan to be able to discern truth, and I'd still like to see proper riddles/general knowledge questions asked elsewhere, but yes, observational questions were good for making sure tea...
by GrimaldineGrimwold
Tue Nov 19, 2002 1:39 pm

"Ooohhh Festus, dearie. They're showing my starring performances again. Shurrup and set the video!"
by GrimaldineGrimwold
Tue Nov 19, 2002 1:29 pm

Yay! I wonder if they still plan to make it part of the regular schedule, as they hinted on their board. Hopefully it means we can stop checking their darn message boards with all the inane people constantly going on about their wretched chatroom and whether or not it should be brought back. Great k...
by GrimaldineGrimwold
Tue Nov 19, 2002 1:51 am
Topic: Re: Welcome
Replies: 26
Views: 18070

Re: Welcome

Wull, most of the old forum's regular posters seem to have taken up residence already. It'd be great to have several threads running. I'm having trouble thinking of new ideas, things that weren't discussed on the old forum. I wonder what we should do about the old forum topics. Recycle them? Or just...
by GrimaldineGrimwold
Tue Nov 19, 2002 1:30 am

Re: Riddles

I meant the subject to include both riddles and general knowledge questions. As regards the Brol., I personally don't agree. I thought it was a bit dull and predictable, especially since on the rare occasions it asked something challenging, the teams could just confidently guess and get away with it...
by GrimaldineGrimwold
Mon Nov 18, 2002 11:27 pm

Riddles

Something I didn't get around to asking on the old forum. What did you think of the riddles/questions? Were there too many in the early series? Was it unfair that teams often lost because they missed a single riddle (whether through not gaining magic or vital information)? Did it slow gameplay up to...
by GrimaldineGrimwold
Mon Nov 18, 2002 2:31 am
Forum: Series 1
Topic: Series 1
Replies: 41
Views: 26563

:-/Re: Series 1

I expect much of his time was spent caring for his beard. It must have taken a lot of grooming. However, on occasion it still managed to look unkempt. I suppose that's why Pickle was introduced: Treguard needed help with his facial grooming, nothing to do with storytelling or character interplay. As...
by GrimaldineGrimwold
Mon Nov 18, 2002 12:16 am
Forum: Series 1
Topic: Series 1
Replies: 41
Views: 26563

Re: Series 1

Hmm, Series 1 was a little repetitive, but any possible boredom is offset by three things: a) The whole format was new and innovative. b) The Series was pretty short. c) We weren't shown the whole of the dungeon in one go. We tended to see more and more as Series 1 went on and teams got that little ...
by GrimaldineGrimwold
Sun Nov 17, 2002 11:11 pm
Topic: Re: Welcome
Replies: 26
Views: 18070

Re: Welcome

Ohh, it really is a lot Knicer. Well done.

My only regret is that the username can't be one letter longer, so I could be Grimaldine Grimwold, "sometimes of the grey, but always of the green, dearie. Shurrup Festus!"