Search found 184 matches

by Ironlord
Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:14 pm
Forum: Bring Back Knightmare
Topic: Legal Knightmare DVDs
Replies: 256
Views: 125721

Re: Legal Knightmare DVDs

Ye gods, I am late on this one, aren't I? 99% of the reason I visit this forum these days is when there's a new Eye Shield out, and I must have forgotten for the last two.

All-new fan commentaries, you say? I'd miss my own funeral to be on that.

And even if I wasn't, I'd buy the lot in an second.
by Ironlord
Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:20 pm
Forum: Musical Parody
Topic: Parody of We Didn't Start the Fire by Billy Joel
Replies: 4
Views: 1870

Re: Dungeoneers/The Hun And Lonely

The following parody features every dungeoneer name. Original: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=g1BbNH_vXAM At this point I had a challenge involving Billy Joel's We Didn't Start The Fire . I thought I'd take a look back through the thread, just in case, and there it is already done by guess who on pa...
by Ironlord
Mon May 18, 2009 8:31 pm
Forum: Announcements
Topic: May 15th 2009 Forum upgrade [Complete]
Replies: 14
Views: 9392

Re: Welcome back!

Testing, testing, ett, två, ett, två...

Am I still here? Had a bit of trouble with the old password dying on me. Still, it looks to be working...

EDIT: why's my text in bold and yellow?

EDIT AGAIN: it's gone back to non-bold and white. Is this a "feature" of the new board?
by Ironlord
Thu May 14, 2009 3:09 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: the gargoyle
Replies: 10
Views: 6292

Re:the gargoyle

THREAD NECROMANCY ALERT! It's for a good reason, mind, because I've been wondering about the gargoyles' voices, and who provided them. The series 3 gargoyle appeared only once, and the opinion above says it may be David Verrey. On one hand, that's worth considering because Golgarach only ever appea...
by Ironlord
Thu May 14, 2009 2:54 am
Topic: the gargoyle
Replies: 10
Views: 6292

Re:the gargoyle

THREAD NECROMANCY ALERT! It's for a good reason, mind, because I've been wondering about the gargoyles' voices, and who provided them. The series 3 gargoyle appeared only once, and the opinion above says it may be David Verrey. On one hand, that's worth considering because Golgarach only ever appear...
by Ironlord
Thu May 14, 2009 2:05 am
Forum: Fan Creations
Topic: The art of Knightmare
Replies: 50
Views: 20650

Re:The art of Knightmare

Ye. Gods. Can we give this contributor a medal? Or a frightknight trophy? That is a truly marvellous effort. Here's one thing I'd see if you'd all noticed about the original lifeforce clock: in one of the stages of condition green, the knight develops a jaw the size of Lake Michigan, as if he's been...
by Ironlord
Tue May 12, 2009 10:28 pm
Topic: Knightmare moments that made you laugh out loud
Replies: 23
Views: 12994

Re:Knightmare moments that made you laugh out loud

One month on, and I'm surprised nobody has mentioned...

*strong Welsh accent*
"Simon, sidestep to your left..."

At the time it'll have been greeted with gasps of disbelief. Of course, these days, now that we are all well aware of what happens...
by Ironlord
Sat May 02, 2009 12:45 am
Topic: Series 6 and 7 Dwarf Tunnels
Replies: 12
Views: 7065

Re:Series 6 and 7 Dwarf Tunnels

Speaking of S7 and dwarf tunnels... Julie's quest on Level 2. After inspecting clues in the dwarf tunnels beyond the Rift of Anga, troll footsteps were used to hurry Julie along. How exactly would a troll fit in one of those tunnels [chuckle]? It was one of those tiny trolls that fits on the end of...
by Ironlord
Sat May 02, 2009 12:44 am
Topic: Knightmare moments that made you laugh out loud
Views: 12994

Re:Knightmare moments that made you laugh out loud

"Karen! You've been playing with his plunger!"

That gem might have passed me by as a nine-year-old, but was rather more effective when I was well into my twenties...
by Ironlord
Sat May 02, 2009 12:42 am
Forum: Series 8
Topic: Re-assessing Season 8; know what? I like it after all
Replies: 16
Views: 13183

Re:Re-assessing Season 8; know what? I like it after all

I think we're all losing sight here of what the number one highlight of series 8 was...

...Lord Fear and Lissard playing Monopoly. Marvellous.
by Ironlord
Sat May 02, 2009 12:14 am
Forum: Reminds me of Knightmare
Topic: another music topic
Replies: 6
Views: 3989

Re:A Knightmaresque band

(This is what I get for not looking here since the last Eye Shield... how'd this thread pass me by?) Ridolfo should audition for Blackmore's Night. He'd only last a couple of minutes before Richie Blackmore threw him out, just like he did with everyone who was ever in Rainbow, but it'd be worth a tr...
by Ironlord
Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:45 am
Forum: News Discussion
Topic: Knightmare in Zzap 64 Febuary 1988
Replies: 2
Views: 1810

Re:Knightmare in Zzap 64 Febuary 1988

And, because it appears to be appropriate, here's the reviews of the Spectrum version.

Sinclair User: page 1 and 2

Crash: [age 1 and 2

Your Sinclair: page 1
by Ironlord
Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:17 pm
Forum: Jester's Corner
Topic: The Ultimate Knightmare Riddle
Views: 16260

Re:The Ultimate Knightmare Riddle

Why is half the cast from Dorset all of a sudden, when Dunshelm is supposed to be in up north? We have Pixel, Oakley and the boatman, all with distinct West Country accents. Pourquoi? Don't forget Marta... ...who may actually have been Prince Ludwig the Indestructible in a dress. "Would you like an...
by Ironlord
Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:09 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Oliver Postgate dies
Replies: 1
Views: 1775

Oliver Postgate dies

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7772620.stm Bagpuss creator Oliver Postgate has died aged 83, his family has confirmed. Postgate, who lived in Kent, created some of the best-loved children's TV series including Ivor the Engine, the Clangers and Noggin the Nog. His work, screened on the BBC...
by Ironlord
Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:38 pm
Topic: Are Pookas really that evil?
Replies: 12
Views: 5652

Re:Are Pookas really that evil?

Speaking of pookas backward-babbling, apparently they released a message from the Devil on an LP they made in the 1960's. It was called Sergeant Pooka's Lonely Hearts Club Band... And let's not forget the time that Judas Pooka covered Better By You, Better Than Me on the Stained Grass album, which ...