by stockholmsyndrome
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:29 pm
Forum: Reminds me of Knightmare
Topic: Escape room inspired board games
Replies: 0
Views: 285

Escape room inspired board games

Hi People

Quite possibly covered in the forum already- with rise of escape room experiences, can see a trend
in escape room board games. This one particularly looks knightmare inspired and thought would appeal

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/255 ... mbs-horror

Thanks

StockErs
by stockholmsyndrome
Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:54 pm
Forum: Knightmare in Geek Week
Topic: KMGW Appreciation Week
Replies: 17
Views: 11925

Re: KMGW Appreciation Week

-On the whole really positive, my only beef was parts of the opening section. The graphics of Treguard's crib, back story, camera angle, too long, everything was awkward there...Probably like one of my posts :green: -The Team has divided opinion, I thought they were completely fine + respectful. The...
by stockholmsyndrome
Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:10 pm
Topic: Knightmare Geek Week Extended Episode
Replies: 51
Views: 40696

Re: Knightmare Geek Week Extended Episode

Its the opening camera angle, graphics and dialogue which doesn't work for me, up until around 2.15 which works much better from there. Would cut that out all together. From there the way it flicks between the Team and Treguard and Isy in close up works well. Isy squeezing past the bench again littl...
by stockholmsyndrome
Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:30 pm
Topic: Knightmare Geek Week Extended Episode
Replies: 51
Views: 40696

Re: Knightmare Geek Week Extended Episode

Yep the extended version works much better, like the wall monster (some colour in the eyes would of been good) and the causeway room. A floating head Dave Cameron/Ed Milliband/Kim Kardisian ;) or just traditional skull would of been good. The opening scene, there were some good ideas there, the revi...
by stockholmsyndrome
Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:38 pm
Forum: Knightmare Live
Topic: Knightmare Live @ The Lowry
Replies: 7
Views: 8551

Re: Knightmare Live @ The Lowry

Went to Knightmare Live @ Lyric last night. It was great, good balance between affection for the show, and irreverent humour/awareness 20 years is a long time ago. There was a surreal and beautiful sub plot where Treaguard is involved in a 90's love triangle with Michaela Strachan from the really wi...
by stockholmsyndrome
Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:13 pm
Forum: Reminds me of Knightmare
Topic: Call for Knightmare to return
Replies: 23
Views: 14434

Re: Call for Knightmare to return

I think Hugo and Mark reprising their roles 25 years on, streamed on a remote corner of the internet, would be a sad parody of Knightmare's hay day, when Millions of Kids tuned in. Something influenced by Knightmare, but clearly set apart and new from the original would be safest. Anyways the David ...
by stockholmsyndrome
Tue May 27, 2014 10:14 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Dark Season/Century Falls
Replies: 6
Views: 6033

Re: Dark Season/Century Falls

Dark Season was creepy with an edge, Century Falls was mind bending terror, building tensions and atmosphere, alluding to evil unseen. An urban myth is that it was banned from Kids T.V, although have found nothing to back this up...didn't help that Animals of Fathing wood was shown before, a pretty...
by stockholmsyndrome
Tue May 27, 2014 10:00 pm
Topic: The new KM episode is up!
Replies: 180
Views: 93894

Re: The new KM episode is up!

Sorry if already posted elsewhere. Basically an intra-view with Tim Child @ Adventure X in Dec 2013. Includes some of the Geek week episode. Worth listening to for the opening music, not sure if that was used in original scenes or somebody playing around with the riff, some quality gothic keyboard t...
by stockholmsyndrome
Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:08 pm
Forum: Knightmare Convention
Topic: Knightmare Convention
Replies: 90
Views: 40283

Re: Knightmare Convention

Goodluck with this people, I will be def be sending some dollarz in support. Friends are getting Married that weekend plus for me never go back/meet your heros etc, so won't be there but hope it happens and look forward to seeing how it went. In the worst case scenario and you don't raise the needed...
by stockholmsyndrome
Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:01 pm
Forum: Real Life Meetups
Topic: Knightmare Convention: suggestions for a name
Replies: 36
Views: 20102

Re: Knightmare Convention: suggestions for a name

The Convention of Confusion ;)
by stockholmsyndrome
Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:22 am

Yep agree there Wombstar, one of the beauties of the show was it appealed and provided escapism to kids from all backgrounds. Intelligent + perceptive kids can be from any background. I feel where there is less opportunity for Knightmare or a show like it now to suceed, is that immersive computer ga...
by stockholmsyndrome
Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:03 pm

ok thanks, well I agree on the Yorkshire bit, a great accent :green: I think overall including myself any fans of anything, can get a bit precious about how they think things should be. Taken to extremes you get Misery by Stephen King, where an obsessed fan kidnaps their favourite author and forces ...
by stockholmsyndrome
Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:08 pm

Grandizzy, I would respectfully challenge two points you made, a} the cast looked completely unsinister to me, if I met them down an alley late at night I wouldn't be too worried. b) and adventure and escapism should be for kids of any background. I think your point is prebably unsinister meaning ju...
by stockholmsyndrome
Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:37 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: When Did Knightmare "Jump The Shark" For You?
Replies: 54
Views: 29251

Re: When Did Knightmare "Jump The Shark" For You?

The out door backdrops were hit and miss, some of the shots worked well and they created an ambient feel, others looked like bland English Heritage post cards on acid. The show had a very good innings, 7 or 8 years is a mini eternity when your a kid, there were natural highs and lows, my interest le...
by stockholmsyndrome
Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:37 pm

On the whole a very positive reaction to geek week episode. In the build up Tim Child stated something along the lines of 'a monster is getting out of the box, this will either be the start of a new generation of Knightmare, or the last'. Is it unfair to ask what people think the likely answer is? T...