Search found 32 matches

by LiamABC
Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:42 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Those that were denied...
Replies: 138
Views: 64356

Re: Those that were denied...

Series 4 - Alistair was unlucky getting the CoB like that, they were really on the ball for the whole of their quest (they didn't get a single riddle wrong). The backwards riddles that Vicky (or was it Nicky?) faced were confusing, that was very unfair, and Jeremy was a little hard done by too. Gil...
by LiamABC
Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:49 am
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: New website for my songs
Replies: 0
Views: 3463

New website for my songs

Hi all. Been a while I know. But I've finally set up a myspace page for my songs: www.myspace.com/liamabcallaghan Only three recorded so far, but there will be more in due course. (They may take a while though as I do play all the parts myself.) Flash-Tan Businessman is the only one I haven't mentio...
by LiamABC
Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:07 am
Topic: Those that were denied...
Replies: 138
Views: 64356

Re: Those that were denied...

This is one of those discussions that I guess people keep coming back to. Here's my thoughts: Series 1 - tough to say, since most of the teams made "series 1 mistakes", that is to say mistakes that occurred through natural unfamiliarity with the format. Of course, James' fatal sidestep in series 3 c...
by LiamABC
Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:17 am
Topic: Just recorded my second song
Replies: 2
Views: 2589

OK, THIS is the proper version

All right, "Throwaway World" mark III, is now up: http://www.youtube.com/​watch?v=i6uuGfQ-pHY The vocal intro makes the difference. More attention-grabbing, methinks. I'd thought of doing a single guitar chord along the lines of The Beatles' "Helter Skelter", but I wasn't quite sure how to translate...
by LiamABC
Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:53 am

Re: Just recorded my second song

OK, ignore the link above, the revised version is at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltqhUIbcKLs

The only difference is I've added a few extra manual drumbeats which I meant to put on in the first place but forgot!
by LiamABC
Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:16 pm

Just recorded my second song

OK, I've just uploaded "Throwaway World" onto youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=affJIrr_yHU I originally wrote this song in 2002-3, as a commentary on how disposable modern standards have become. I finally got round to recording it this last week. As with my first song, I played all the instru...
by LiamABC
Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:20 pm
Forum: Knightmare a la Maison
Topic: Champion Of Champions
Replies: 7
Views: 5945

Re: Champion Of Champions

I'm not really convinced that a "Champion Of Champions" contest would work in Knightmare, because the teams weren't competing against each other. But if we're going to make it a contest, then let's make it 16 teams, which would allow a one-on-one knockout format. OBVIOUSLY the eight winning teams, b...
by LiamABC
Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:47 pm
Forum: Reminds me of Knightmare
Topic: Elvenquest
Replies: 0
Views: 1777

Elvenquest

I listen to a lot of comedy on the radio, and one that I've got into recently is "Elvenquest". And it's recently occurred to me, the villain, Lord Darkness, is a little bit like Lord Fear - at least Alistair MacGowan's portrayal of him certainly is.
by LiamABC
Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:25 pm
Forum: Jester's Corner
Topic: They would never say...
Replies: 421
Views: 161852

Re: They would never say...

In response to another death:

TREGUARD - Ooh, lovely!

OR
TREGUARD - Spellcasting - L-O-S-E-R-S

ANY WALL MONSTER: Falsehood . . . Falsehood . . . Falsehood . . . oh come on, get one right you stupid team, they don't have a visual for me feeding on you!
by LiamABC
Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:05 pm
Topic: They would never say...
Replies: 421
Views: 161852

Re: They would never say...

Aesandre: Lord Fear, your courtship grows tiresome. I have snowmen in Winteria more appealing than you. Lord Fear: How dare you? I... I don't know what to say. Aesandre: Try expressing yourself through 1980s popular music lyrics. Lord Fear: I must say, Queen Aesandre, that [gets up and sings, with ...
by LiamABC
Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:02 pm
Topic: Mock The Knightmare!
Replies: 14
Views: 9035

Re: Mock The Knightmare!

The second one . . .

Completely Abysmal Sixth Team

Contestants Are So Terrible

Clumsy Akash, Stupid Team (or Advisors instead of Akash if you prefer).

But is the real answer "Cast A Spell, TRUTH"?
by LiamABC
Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:44 pm
Topic: Mock The Knightmare!
Replies: 14
Views: 9035

Re: Mock The Knightmare!

Pooka wrote:Fear's eyes are red.
Is it too late to come up with a funny one for this?

"Frightened, Everybody? All Right!"
by LiamABC
Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:44 am
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Series 3 - Episode 7
Replies: 28
Views: 20172

Re: Series 3 - Episode 7

When James steps off the ledge at the start of this episode, I've always regarded that as a "series 1" mistake. The advisors forgot that the dungeoneer couldn't see what the floor was like beneath him, should have said "one more SMALL sidestep" - rather than just "one more"! ::) To illustrate what I...
by LiamABC
Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:04 am
Topic: 2012: Knightmare's 25th Anniversary
Replies: 27
Views: 28532

Re: 2012: Knightmare's 25th Anniversary

Hardly a good omen for winning the cup. ;) Hahaaa! Without wanting this thread to go off-topic, I wonder if I was the only Knightmare fan shouting "KNAPSACK!" when today's Pointless final involved words beginning & ending with 'K'. :) I said it! Unfortunately, at least one of the hundred people the...
by LiamABC
Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:18 am
Topic: Choose Your Own Adventure Books
Replies: 4
Views: 3263

Choose Your Own Adventure Books

I've recently picked up a few of these in my local secondhand bookshop, and gotten right back into them. Of course I have all the Knightmare books, whose quest sections operate on largely the same principle, but it was still fun flipping through these. I was just wondering, has anybody else still go...