Search found 44 matches

by Aldarion
Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:57 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Dungeons that only made one appearence
Replies: 63
Views: 27293

Re: Dungeons that only made one appearence

Regarding the original post the swinging pendulum room indeed only appeared once. The room with the green monster made several appearances, once when Cedric attacked it. Mildred appearing as Treguard and attempting to goad the dungeoneer into the cooking pot. Treguard was put under a spell but the ...
by Aldarion
Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:50 pm
Topic: Ariadne's Lairs
Replies: 7
Views: 4218

Re: Ariednies lairs

Quote: I do like that her series 4 lair has 2 parts to it though. The build up and then the actual lair. Inspired vaguely by a certain other monstrous spider perhaps? You know whom I mine, the one whose lair was a hell of a lot bigger, more complex in its construction, and more offensive to the nost...
by Aldarion
Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:46 pm
Topic: Scary moments
Replies: 28
Views: 20690

Re: Scary moments

The "play forever" scene haunted my nightmares occasionally during the interim years, between seeing it on TV and seeing it on the internet. As did the "dark room" scenes. But the simplest scares are often the best, and, as I've said before, my main memory was of the various "chasers" or "stalkers" ...
by Aldarion
Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:27 pm
Topic: Re:Deaths you'd like to have seen...
Replies: 37
Views: 17755

Re: Re:Deaths you'd like to have seen...

Discounting the "Edward Gorey rooms" I imagined in a previous post, and discounting that message on another forum which I can't mention here... I'd like to have seen the wall monster feed on someone, seen the barely visible monster at the end of the corridor in Series 1 kill somebody, seen somebody ...
by Aldarion
Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:42 pm
Forum: Series 5
Topic: Series 5 Episode 13 (Mon. 17th)
Replies: 27
Views: 20366

Re: Re:Series 5 Episode 13 (Mon. 17th)

Good Dungeon to you all on this fine morning! This episode provided us with some great quotes: Advisor: "He's on fire now" (referring to the causeway) Advisors: "Say Constantinople" Chris: "What?" Advisors: "CON...STAN...TI...NOPLE!" Chris: "CON...STAN...TI...NOPLE!" Some great bee effects in the r...
by Aldarion
Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:34 pm
Forum: Series 4
Topic: Series 4 - Episode 15
Views: 24624

Re: Re:Series 4 Episode 15

More ridiculous than that; Christmas filmed in July. >:( Yes, but you know - don't you - that all Christmas programs/music are recorded in the summer. Except Presley's first Christmas LP which was recorded in April or May (come to think of it, I'm sure Slade's grate-est hit was also recorded in lat...
by Aldarion
Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:22 pm
Topic: Knightmare survey
Replies: 19
Views: 8453

Re: Knightmare survey

Year you first saw Knightmare?: 1987 How old were you at the time?: 11 Favourite series?: 2, 3, 8 Least favourite series?: 6 Preferred version of the title sequence / theme music?: Series 1-3 Outdoor locations - like or dislike?: Like Pickle or Majida (or hated both assistants)?: Neither Mogdred or ...
by Aldarion
Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:24 pm
Topic: 2 questions
Replies: 12
Views: 5907

Re: 2 questions

After a while they would have had to change the title sequence - visually.
But I prefer the original music (in 12/8, with the primitive synthesizer; as opposed to in 4/4 with the Fairlight-y string sounds).
It has more of a "medieval" quality (well, no it doesn't - "prog rock" medievalism)
by Aldarion
Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:06 pm
Forum: Series 1
Topic: Series 1 - Episode 7
Replies: 51
Views: 30399

Re: Series 1 - Episode 7

The insult contest, we all agree, is a television classic! The dark monster in the corridor - I guess the primitive CGI ensured it could never be any more convincing as a threat than the toadodile of Series 2-3. Shame - there's the germ of a good secondhand idea there. Doesn't it remind one of anoth...
by Aldarion
Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:40 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: From little Closes do Cults and Plagues grow...BROOKSIDE!
Replies: 41
Views: 34188

Re: From little Closes do Cults and Plagues grow...BROOKSIDE

Anyone ever seen the film Salvage (the one about the British Army creating a Frankenstein monster which escapes)? All the exterior shots are in the former Brookside Close!
by Aldarion
Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:46 pm
Topic: Series 4 - Episode 15
Views: 24624

Re: Series 4 - Episode 15

When Frightknight Mark 1 appears, it sounds like one of the advisors says "oh no, there's a monster!" - confirming that all of these anonymous knights are "less than human"
by Aldarion
Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:09 pm
Topic: stop bashing season 4 so much!(long read)
Replies: 17
Views: 12488

Re: stop bashing season 4 so much!(long read)

I like the outside locations - and the fact that it was the last series before they introduced a certain ineffective "pantomime villain". But there weren't enough stalker scenes in this series (and, back then, in my mind, that was what KM was all about!)
by Aldarion
Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:43 am
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Series 3 - Episode 16
Replies: 32
Views: 17802

Re: Series 3 - Episode 16

Isn't this the episode that rubs our noses in the fact that the game was fixed? This team wasn't doing any better with the riddles than their predecessors, but because it was nearly the end of the series, they were allowed to survive perils where their predecessors would have been killed off. Only a...
by Aldarion
Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:58 pm
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Series 3 - Episode 13
Replies: 54
Views: 30908

Re: Series 3 - Episode 13

Probably an old question - but is the "pre-death" music the same in this series as it was in the first episode?
by Aldarion
Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:42 pm
Forum: Series 2
Topic: Series 2 - Episode 11
Replies: 62
Views: 39095

Re: Series 2 - Episode 11

So that's it - I realised within seconds that I'd got his name wrong, and wondered what had led me down that particular blind alley.