Search found 21 matches

by Bumptious
Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:02 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Characters you wish they had played
Replies: 5
Views: 6715

Re: Characters you wish they had played

I was actually thinking about something similar a few days ago. I was mulling over who could have played some characters from the Knightmare books. I felt the baddie from the very first book, the Gruagach, would have been a fine addition to the show. I recall he was described as having sharp feature...
by Bumptious
Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:58 pm
Topic: Best/Worst Improvisers?
Replies: 16
Views: 7684

Re: Best/Worst Improvisers?

I can't recall any mistakes off the top of my head, but, I also haven't watched that particular quest for a while, so they could well have made a few blunders. However, I do remember them being quite argumentative with each other, which I suppose is one big mistake in itself. ;)
by Bumptious
Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:28 pm

I don't believe that a cast member would have had the authority to make such a decision. That said, I've always found that particular death somewhat odd. The team don't seem to be unnecessarily cautious. The funny thing about that particular team, was that the girl in the middle was authorative to ...
by Bumptious
Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:22 pm

Yep, I also think Anthony Donovan was playing his character in a way which made you think he was a falsehood away from insanity. I don't think his vacant manner was to do with a lack of improvisational skill. I've done a bit of thinking about the "worst" improvisors, and all I can think of are the t...
by Bumptious
Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:50 am

Re: Re:Best/Worst Improvisers?

Stephanie Hesp was very good at improvising, especially when playing Elita. I think that team she indirectly "killed" (by taking their gem and not giving any help in return) was basically the result of her thinking on her feet when they took far too long to decide. I've often wondered about that. W...
by Bumptious
Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:22 pm
Forum: Cast/Crew Projects
Topic: Hugo Myatt to appear in a new British Gangster/Horror Movie.
Replies: 21
Views: 14028

Re: Hugo Myatt to appear in a new British Gangster/Horror Mo

RE: Erin Geraghty Hooray, this long-standing error (Erin Geraghty = Mistress Goody) has at last been corrected in the Series 4 section of the website! Top marks to whoever did that, it's needed doing for yonks! Sorry to divert this slightly, but where in God's name did that ridiculous "fact" that E...
by Bumptious
Fri May 07, 2010 6:47 pm
Forum: Cast/Crew Projects
Topic: Hugo Myatt to appear in a new British Gangster/Horror Movie.
Replies: 21
Views: 14028

Re: Hugo Myatt to appear in a new British Gangster/Horror Mo

Sorry to divert this slightly, but where in God's name did that ridiculous "fact" that Erin Geraghty played the Ogre come from? Surely it is obvious that the Ogre is portrayed by a man, and Erin is a female name! ::) Whatever next, people suggesting that Michael Cule returned in Series 8 as Stillett...
by Bumptious
Thu May 06, 2010 11:18 pm
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Martin
Replies: 69
Views: 25448

Re: Martin

I've just re-watched this quest, for me, Martin was the most entertaining dungeoneer for the first six series' . In addition to the aforementioned quirks, his sheer impatience made him captivating, especially the tutting and sarcastic remarks. It was refreshing to see a dungeoneer take the lead as h...
by Bumptious
Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:49 pm
Topic: Actor's best characters.
Replies: 2
Views: 1976

Re: Actor's best characters.

I pretty much agree with all that, B. I didn't include the, for want of a better word, presenters in the list, as I was looking at the guys who played more than one part. But, all three were excellent, especially Hugo. Let's face it, not many people could get the fluffy little Cavernwights over as h...
by Bumptious
Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:39 pm
Topic: Actor's best characters.
Replies: 2
Views: 1976

Actor's best characters.

As the title suggests, i'm curious to see which portrayal from some Knightmare thespians we all enjoyed. Here are some of mine: Mark Knight - Lord Fear (although an honourary mention goes to Rothberry, whom I thought was brilliant) Paul Valentine - Sylvester Hands Cliff Barry - Brother Strange Iona ...
by Bumptious
Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:43 pm
Topic: knightmare female team
Replies: 11
Views: 5766

Re: knightmare female team

Another interesting stat, which I've drawn attention to a couple of times before, is that no all-female team even got to Level Three until late in season six. Hard to say what it is, but dungeoneering seems to be a sport that the ladies simply aren't quite as good at. It'd be interesting to specula...
by Bumptious
Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:35 pm
Topic: knightmare female team
Replies: 11
Views: 5766

Re: knightmare female team

In fact, other than a winning team in Series Two and Julie's all-female team, I don't think there was any other team with ANY female members who tasted victory. Although, as Mystara says, there were many more all-male teams. Like the males, you had some excellent girls taking part, and some consider...
by Bumptious
Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:24 pm
Topic: Characters From The Books...
Replies: 13
Views: 5356

Re: Characters From The Books...

Good thread this. I would have had Elshander as a neutral character in there. Out of the bad guys, I would agree with those who put Arawn in their lists, I especially agree with Drassil's suggestion that the dungeoneer would endure a battle of wits with the evil elf king. Also, how about the satanic...
by Bumptious
Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:37 pm
Topic: What makes a 'good' episode of Knightmare?
Replies: 4
Views: 3084

Re: What makes a 'good' episode of Knightmare?

Hmmm, that's a tough one. With Knightmare, it was always a case of "so many of the little things". A question i've recently begun to ponder is, is it more enjoyable to watch a talented team intelligently and logically sweeping through the dungeon, or is it more entertaining to watch four bunglers lo...
by Bumptious
Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:16 pm
Forum: Series 7
Topic: Series 7 - Episode 15
Replies: 81
Views: 43241

Re: What would have happened?

Thirdly, the length of this quest was increased to a great extent by Barry himself mouthing off so much. A lot of the scenes were supposedly more difficult for the cast than for the team, because it was tricky for them to try and 'ad-lib' proceedings in the direction that plot was meant to go in. (...