Search found 57 matches

by Whiteknight
Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:34 pm
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Series 3 - Episode 13
Replies: 54
Views: 28468

SRe: Offer the goblins a present, Julie!

Yes I was expecting a new thread on this topic. I think that Merlin only said that 'teams have survived without my help' so that Julie's team didn't give up instantly.  In actual fact, their's (and every other) quest really ended when they got one of Merlin's question wrong and they might as well ha...
by Whiteknight
Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:52 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Ariadne
Replies: 71
Views: 23076

Re: Ariadne

Ariadne was cool. I prefered her lair in series 4 when it had the two parts to it. Still she had a nice meal of dungeoneer in that series as well as being told to 'Look in the mirror, and murder yourself' from Motley. Ariadne rules!  8) Lol.  That one was Motley at his all time best; 'bye bye Spide...
by Whiteknight
Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:32 am
Topic: Is it me or is Mellisandre Cute?
Replies: 31
Views: 11435

Re: Is it me or is Mellisandre Cute?

Well just in case you are wondering what she looks like, there is a picture of Gretel on the series 2 team 4 'winners' section.

As for Melly, Challenge? have given enough exposure of her; you lucky, lucky thing 9inchsword  8)
by Whiteknight
Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:18 am
Topic: Series 3 - Episode 9
Replies: 58
Views: 31735

Re: Kelly's Crayon Quest

Well, there were basically 3 main ways for a team to be killed off in the earlier series. 1.  A simple error.  Walking off the path into a pit of quicksand for example (series 3 team 1).  This is not unfair at all because the failure is of the team's own making. 2.  Being caught out by the perils of...
by Whiteknight
Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:34 am
Topic: Stained glass room - level 3, series 3
Replies: 5
Views: 3000

Re: Stained glass room - level 3, series 3

I'm sure that it would have been the guilotine room and the place of magic as well.  I remember during Martin's quest where Merlin appears in level 3 and tells the team that they only have 'a short way to go'. This is one piece of evidence making it unlikely for there to be any other rooms between t...
by Whiteknight
Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:20 am
Topic: Series 3 - Episode 8
Replies: 42
Views: 23505

Re: The left path

[quote]and 2nd u wont beat the castle of u try to take short cuts or hide from its damgers.   No; that approach only worked a couple of times in series 8. ::) Seriously though, I actually found it hard to judge whether he was off the edge or not because the path turns so that we are looking at it fr...
by Whiteknight
Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:43 am
Topic: Stained glass room - level 3, series 3
Replies: 5
Views: 3000

Re: Stained glass room - level 3, series 3

I found it even more annoying in the later series to be honest.  In those later series, most teams tended to reach level 3 anyway so a death (notably in the Play Your Cards Right room where a lot of deaths occurred) meant that we had to watch the next team meander to level 3 where the real challenge...
by Whiteknight
Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:19 am
Topic: Series 3 - Episode 8
Replies: 42
Views: 23505

Re: The left path

Hmm, I seem to recall talking about this in a post when Series 3 was first repeated.  I think that then we all seemed to draw the conclusion that he sidestepped the wrong way and simply fell off. It's interesting that a sinister element has been introduced here.  Yes, it is true that the room used o...
by Whiteknight
Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:51 am
Topic: Is it me or is Mellisandre Cute?
Replies: 31
Views: 11435

Re: Is it me or is Mellisandre Cute?

She may have been cuter than her 'gorgeous' predecessor Gretel but again this can be attributed to her baby-face and ultra-silly attitude.  I'm still trying to decide which of the maids from the early series I like better to be honest  ;D.
by Whiteknight
Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:28 am
Topic: Favourite quote from Series 3
Replies: 17
Views: 7404

Re: Favourite quote from Series 3

I always laugh when Leo is about to go down the well to level 2.  'Oh, and hurry up because there's an axe coming down on you'.  It's more the calm way the advisors say it than anything else.
by Whiteknight
Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:15 am
Topic: My Knightmare Dream
Replies: 181
Views: 73928

Re: My Knightmare Dream

I had a dream about knightmare last night.  It was based on a computer game which I'm sure doesn't exist.  It started off with me guiding this computer character through a world with a slightly distorted version of the original lifeforce clock playing out every now and again in the corner of the scr...
by Whiteknight
Sat Mar 22, 2003 1:04 am
Forum: Knightmare a la Maison
Topic: Series 9
Replies: 12
Views: 4474

Re: Series 9

And I would prefer dungeon crawls rather than outside scenes. Yeah, I would definitely agree with that.  The concept of the dungeons underneath Knightmare castle were abandoned a bit too prematurely in my opinion. I hope that they keep in line with computer graphics though.  I say this because duri...
by Whiteknight
Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:40 am
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: nitemare
Replies: 9
Views: 3600

Re: nitemare

'... if you know where to look'.  To quote Treguard from the last episode of Series 4.  Sorry, couldn't resist.

Ok, I just haven't said anything on this forum for a while (got me a busy life now); I know it wasn't too sensible but at least it's not as bad as a squirrel's nutty comments  ;D.
by Whiteknight
Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:52 pm
Topic: That damned life force....
Replies: 61
Views: 17711

Re: That damned life force....

anyone actually tried making their own version of the life force  8)
In my early days when I had waaaaaaaaay too much time on my hands I made a flip-book type thingy with the skull lifeforce but that's about it.

Must ... destroy ... quiches!!! :)
by Whiteknight
Mon Mar 03, 2003 11:47 pm
Topic: That damned life force....
Replies: 61
Views: 17711

Re: That damned life force....

I guess you'll be staying away from the end credits of Series 3 Episode (12-14, can't remember which) - full life force sequence over the ending theme!
I think that the end credits that showed the full sequence (many thanks to the production team ;D) was at the end of episode 13.