Search found 21 matches

by MrP
Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:43 am
Forum: The Eye Shield
Topic: The Eye Shield Issue 50
Replies: 6
Views: 2959

Re:The Eye Shield Issue 50

Congratulations on reaching issue 50 - another excellent read!
by MrP
Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:58 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: KNIGHTMARE Unfairness
Replies: 48
Views: 15959

Re:KNIGHTMARE Unfairness

The only way Knightmare could ever have been completely fair, in the strictest sense, would be if every single team had an identical quest and each gave it their best shot. Obviously this would be terribly repetitive television and as is the case with all game/quiz shows the creators simply have to ...
by MrP
Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:52 pm
Forum: Series 3
Topic: S3 - Pool Room Uses
Replies: 17
Views: 8733

Re:Shark pool

Drassil wrote: I was thinking recently about the occasion when a sword rose out of the water. Could it have been a Lady Of The Lake reference?
I always assumed that was the case - nice little touch I thought. I also vaguely remember the shark fin's appearance being accompanied by some Jaws-like music!
by MrP
Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:49 am
Topic: Which Character Made You Laugh The Most!
Replies: 41
Views: 15936

Re: Which Character Made You Laugh The Most!

Rothberry & Mildread for me. Both capable of being genuinely funny, whereas I often felt that other "comedy" scenes were aimed at children. Which is understandable, of course, given that it was a CITV programme!
by MrP
Tue Nov 11, 2003 1:26 pm
Topic: Mrs Grimwold and her hubby
Replies: 19
Views: 7194

Re: Mrs Grimwold and her hubby

Does anyone else see Mrs Grimwold as a direct replacement for Mildread - i.e. the dungeon witch/crone? In that context, I can't help but feel that Mildread was the far better character. Less comical, and some of the tricks she concocted to try and lead dungeoneers to their deaths were fantastic. She...
by MrP
Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:45 am
Topic: Those that were denied...
Replies: 138
Views: 61357

Re: Unfair deaths

Though I agree with what the KM staff did - whether they used the footage or not, they may as well use that free time to film a couple more rooms in case they needed them. All the better for lucky Gavin - he got to play a couple of extra rooms! :) I think Gavin probably had a unique 'status' with t...
by MrP
Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:30 am
Forum: Series 5
Topic: Series 5 Episode 9 (Fri. 7th)
Replies: 53
Views: 32614

Re: Funny business in the penultimate room

Maybe they thought the Block and Tackle (since it was vitually that room where they confronted Aesandre) Definitely agree with you on that point. Jonathan (I think..) almost tells him it's the block & tackle when they first enter the room but seems to forget what it's called! Until the point where ...
by MrP
Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:00 pm
Topic: Has anyone noticed?(life force related)
Replies: 23
Views: 6235

Re: Has anyone noticed?(life force related)

In my opinion, the life force was only ever added to heighten tension in post-production. I don't believe that the team ever saw their life force clock during their quest. Given that, it would seem a little harsh to ever actually kill a team for failing to top up something which they can't even see....
by MrP
Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:22 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Good luck to new students
Replies: 15
Views: 6557

Re: Good luck to new students

I know that everyone says this, but university really will be the best time of your life, so just make the most of it! At the risk of showing my age, the key is striking the right balance between work and play  :D Playing is a lot of fun, but you'll be kicked out soon enough if you don't put the wor...
by MrP
Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:19 pm
Forum: Series 2
Topic: Series 2 - Episode 11
Replies: 62
Views: 37188

Re: Series 2, Team 9

I didn't appear until 1989 Grimaldine, that was 1988
If we're going to be trainspotter-esque about it, I think the reference was to Melly's repeated failure to steer clear of stocks in series 4/1990, as is backed up by the references to Motley and to the Goblins. Sorry mate!
by MrP
Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:28 pm
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Series 3 Team 8
Replies: 8
Views: 4216

Re: Series 3 Team 8

I found Akash and team altogether more annoying than Douglas and co for the simple reason that they didn't appear to take it very seriously and found the whole thing to be a bit of a laugh. A bit of a slap in the face for those who failed the auditions! Douglas and team seemed to be nothing more tha...
by MrP
Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:24 pm
Forum: Series 2
Topic: Series 2 - Episode 11
Replies: 62
Views: 37188

Re: Series 2, Team 9

I suppose the logic could be that the Medal siginifies "winning" the battle against Ariadne? There's as much logic to that as whistling your way past her, anyway... I agree that they were harshly treated though. A couple of seconds of dithering is all they were guilty of - perhaps this would be puni...
by MrP
Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:18 pm
Topic: Magic...
Replies: 4
Views: 1697

Re: Magic...

Blimey! Not sure how healthy all this repressed regression is, chaps!  ;)

Surely FLIGHT would be an interesting one? Or that wicked combination of TRANSFORMATION and BUT would be worth a giggle or two.
by MrP
Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:18 pm
Topic: Fraud!
Replies: 7
Views: 3340

Re: Fraud!

It is true that the last team of series 1 had a less difficult time because they didn't have Cedric's riddles to contend with. Perhaps they were helped into Level Three a bit in order to show the audience what it actually looked like. This happened, in fact, in the final programme so the series fin...