Search found 1208 matches

by Mystara
Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:28 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Knightmare Chat Trivia
Replies: 1
Views: 187

Knightmare Chat Trivia

Over the last few years, a few people have suggested adding trivia to Knightmare chat . Generally I've resisted this, because I don't want to be responsible for having to add general knowledge questions to a database, and I didn't consider it likely that other people would do so. Well, it's taken me...
by Mystara
Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:15 am
Forum: Newbie Welcome
Topic: And I'm here to say hi
Replies: 3
Views: 124

Re: And I'm here to say hi

Hello!

Good to hear from you :)

Probably your best port-of-call is Knightmare chat on Sunday evenings (8pm):
https://www.knightmare.com/home/chat

There's usually a handful of people around.
by Mystara
Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:12 am
Forum: Behind the Scenes
Topic: Question for contestants: meeting adjacent teams
Replies: 6
Views: 657

Re: Question for contestants: meeting adjacent teams

As a fan, one of the surprises of hearing from Knightmare contestants in subsequent years has been that some of those who 'didn't do well' from a watcher's point of view (compared to other teams) still had a winning experience, simply through getting to be on Knightmare. I guess that in participati...
by Mystara
Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:10 am
Forum: Knightmare Convention
Topic: When is the next Knightmare convention happening?
Replies: 9
Views: 4468

Re: When is the next Knightmare convention happening?

Realistically, it's unlikely to happen. About a year ago, we did a full-scale cost analysis on running another convention, and we couldn't find a way to do it. Most places with sufficient video capability had tiny audience seating, and most places with big audience seating didn't have the video capa...
by Mystara
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:56 pm
Forum: Behind the Scenes
Topic: Question for contestants: meeting adjacent teams
Views: 657

Re: Question for contestants: meeting adjacent teams

I recall that it was strongly discouraged. I seem to recall the rules (or one of the bits of paperwork we had) not exactly prohibiting it, but strongly discouraging us from interacting and sharing information. Keep in mind that the backup team was called as soon as the primary team started, and it w...
by Mystara
Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:16 pm
Forum: Fan Creations
Topic: Pooka Plush
Views: 632

Re: Pooka Plush

Impressive!
by Mystara
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:22 pm
Forum: Series 8
Topic: Series 8, Episode 10
Replies: 46
Views: 22728

Re: Series 8, Episode 10

Speaking of forgotten memories, it stands to reason that Alan and I met all those summers ago - even though I can’t recall it. Indeed we did. But of course, they did their best to keep consecutive teams apart as much as possible so that we didn't share anything with each other. I recall you chaps c...
by Mystara
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:05 am
Forum: Series 8
Topic: Series 8, Episode 10
Replies: 46
Views: 22728

Re: Series 8, Episode 10

Thanks for filling in the gaps there. Your experience sounds very similar to my own - although I don't recall getting information about the edit time, I suspect it was more relevant to your team :)
by Mystara
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:04 pm
Forum: Real Life Meetups
Topic: The Midnight Hunt
Replies: 26
Views: 3926

Re: The Midnight Hunt

We’ve looked at a couple of re-enactment villages, which would have been great. However, finding one that is big enough, accessible, and happy to participate has proven impossible. A warehouse could be another possibility. But you’d need a big one. With stuff in it. But it needs to be safe stuff. An...
by Mystara
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:22 pm

I won’t run it without insurance and at the moment the only insurer that we’ve had contact with wouldn’t even quote us because the event was perceived to be too dangerous in its current form due to traffic. We could give each team their own guide/GM but it’s unclear how much training they would need...
by Mystara
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:42 am

None.
We can't work out how to get it insured.`
by Mystara
Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:45 pm

Dear all, With apologies for the delay, we've now set up a page for our proposed Midnight Hunt in January based on the feedback we received: https://www.facebook.com/events/283516225811953/ Please let us know (on that page) if you can attend. If we have sufficient interest, we'll go ahead with the e...
by Mystara
Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:45 am
Forum: Series 4
Topic: BUT spell
Replies: 22
Views: 7734

Re: BUT spell

Ummmm....

Damn autocomplete!
by Mystara
Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:00 am
Forum: Series 4
Topic: BUT spell
Replies: 22
Views: 7734

Re: BUT spell

OR, Tim knew the team was going to die and simply picked a random word out of the dictionary, knowing that the spell's true purpose (and even its spelling) would never be revealed? :)
by Mystara
Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:18 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Knightmare RPG
Views: 1486

Re: Knightmare RPG

I'm sure he'll do better whenever we see him next. As Robin pointed out there was little guidance as to time limits :)