Search found 39 matches

by GrandDizzy
Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:46 pm
Forum: Knightmare in Geek Week
Topic: The new KM episode is up!
Replies: 180
Views: 92440

Re: The new KM episode is up!

It was used in a manner of speaking: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD0HtExsl4c :) I have to say I absolutely adore that video. What a lovely tribute! :) In some respects I enjoyed this 4-minute video far more than the new episode. Loads of wonderful room illustrations + Hugo in full swing = the re...
by GrandDizzy
Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:10 pm

Thanks for dropping by the forum again, GrandDizzy. Thanks, Drassil. Great to be here. Obviously I'm not a regular, but occasionally I like to return , "entering" as a "stranger". :) This may be the graphic that David has recently posted on Facebook . Oh wow. Now you're talking! How sad that this v...
by GrandDizzy
Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:47 pm

The local chroma key expert was telling me that the dungeons actually have to look a bit fake or cartoonish. Apparently making them highly realistic produces a weird effect. I found it interesting that they actually have to worsen the digital environment. Perhaps that is the source of the digital n...
by GrandDizzy
Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:38 pm

To clarify, my "middle class" comment was mostly humorous. (Did no one notice the laughing smiley I put after it?) I might also have said contestants must be from Yorkshire (since there seemed to be so many Yorkshire teams in the early days). I suppose what I was getting at with "middle class" was t...
by GrandDizzy
Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:01 am

Well I have only just found out about this episode and only just watched it. I don't come here very often so I guess I'm not as much of a hardcore Knightmare fan as most of you. I haven't read through this thread yet but just want to post my thoughts about this episode. OVERALL Overall, while I was ...
by GrandDizzy
Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:11 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: When Did Knightmare "Jump The Shark" For You?
Replies: 54
Views: 28942

Re: When Did Knightmare "Jump The Shark" For You?

"When did Knightmare jump the shark"? For me, this is a no-brainer. When I was 14 I saw the shark being jumped right before my eyes and I was very disappointed. It happened in series 4 when they suddenly went from using beautiful, atmospheric painted backdrops to instead using… ARTIFICIALLY-COLOURED...
by GrandDizzy
Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:52 pm
Forum: Jester's Corner
Topic: A great Knightmare joke...
Replies: 354
Views: 131886

Re: A great Knightmare joke...

Or how about…

Eddie Van Halen recently released a pop album, but fans hated it, forcing him to return to his musical roots. Eddie was quoted as saying: "Rock I was, rock I now become."
by GrandDizzy
Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:45 pm

Wow, 11 years since I first made this thread! That was nearer to the show's run than to the present day. Let me see if I can think of a new Knightmare joke… Man goes to the doctor: "Doctor, doctor! There's something seriously wrong with me. First, all my hair fell out, then I started losing my skin,...
by GrandDizzy
Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:06 pm

Did you see the episode where a dungeoneer was killed by Adolph Hitler?

— All Treguard could say was: “Ooooh… Nazi!”
by GrandDizzy
Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:15 pm
Forum: Bring Back Knightmare
Topic: Legal Knightmare DVDs
Replies: 256
Views: 118496

Re: Legal Knightmare DVDs

Oh and I also should mention I've done quite a bit of interactive/on-screen design and can produce animated DVD menus should they be required, so that's another thing that won't cost the project a penny. One thing I can't help with at all is restoring/enhancing the original video and sound quality (...
by GrandDizzy
Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:48 pm
Forum: Bring Back Knightmare
Topic: Legal Knightmare DVDs
Replies: 256
Views: 118496

Re: Legal Knightmare DVDs

As a huge fan of Knightmare, I'm sorry to say that I wouldn't be willing to pay £1 per episode for the full series. I would be willing to pay 50p each, which is £56 for the full series. If episodes were made available at £1 each, I would probably buy the first 3 or 4 series. In other words, I don't ...
by GrandDizzy
Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:16 pm
Forum: Fan Creations
Topic: Knightmare Dizzy - Game Download
Replies: 4
Views: 3295

Re: Knightmare Dizzy - Game Download

Wow, thanks for sharing this; and thanks, Drassil, for letting me know about this! :) I'm quite a big fan of the Dizzy games (as my username may suggest). Three other classic Spectrum games are worth mentioning which feature fantasy/mythological elements similar to Knightmare. If you're a fan of emu...
by GrandDizzy
Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:06 am
Forum: Reminds me of Knightmare
Topic: Have you heard of Ico on the PS2?
Replies: 5
Views: 3900

Have you heard of Ico on the PS2?

Two years ago, a game called Ico was released for the PlayStation 2. Despite being under-publicised and poor sales, the game was critically acclaimed and is now seen by many as the greatest PlayStation 2 game ever. What's particularly interesting is that the game seems to have been inspired by Knigh...