Search found 43 matches

by frieza
Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:26 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Re:Knightmare was downgraded?
Replies: 16
Views: 7222

Re:Knightmare was downgraded?

I agree with those views, although series 5 seemed to have more "atmosphere" than some of the earlier episodes, particularly when Ben+co entered Winteria. The ending to series 5 was quite effective and more interesting than the dungeon simply blowing up. Characterisation was also better in the later...
by frieza
Thu May 18, 2006 6:31 pm
Forum: Want to Help?
Topic: Wallpapers?
Replies: 14
Views: 6777

Re:Knightmare Wallpaper

yeah it's very nice, any reason why Greystagg and the pooka are bigger than all the rest?
by frieza
Thu May 18, 2006 6:30 pm
Topic: When Did Knightmare "Jump The Shark" For You?
Replies: 54
Views: 29267

Re:When Did Knightmare "Jump The Shark" For You?

Last two series not as scary?!?!? Are you kidding?!? Perhaps it's because I was only 9/10 when I first watched them, but there was a definite spookiness about some moments in those series. I mean, who wouldn't be scared by someone getting sliced in the corridor of blades and blood pouring onto the s...
by frieza
Thu May 11, 2006 8:48 pm
Topic: Whos ur favourite knightmare team ever?
Replies: 32
Views: 12757

Re:Favourite ever team?

Although they are often overlooked, I really enjoyed Giles' quest at the end of season 4. Despite their short game time, they did really well to go through the 4 biggest games of the season all in one go (corridor of blades, the wall, block and tackle and the transporter pads) and definitely deserve...
by frieza
Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:33 pm
Topic: Corrdior of Blades
Replies: 68
Views: 26039

Re:Corridor Of Blades

I agree with that- CoB was a very scary challenge, particularly in series 8 where the blood and the music made it even worse. Although this series has often been slated, you gotta admit that the way they built up to some of the scenes was well done. In team 2 (Daniel)'s quest, Treguard really plays ...
by frieza
Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:27 pm

I think that's a good general point. Later series seem to have a greater sense of drama and suspense than the pre-sedries5/6 episodes. maybe it's because of the music and majida's jumpiness?
by frieza
Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:03 pm

Before I add my opinion, I'd like to quote from Wikipedia. There are many definitions of jumping the shark, but the most common is "They are generally viewed as a desperate and futile attempt to keep a series fresh in the face of a decline in ratings" To be honest, I don't think this really applies ...
by frieza
Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:35 pm
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Re:Knightmare Limericks
Replies: 330
Views: 117400

Re:Knightmare Limericks

Whilst wandering in Dunkley Wood
As no dungeoneer ever should...
by frieza
Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:47 pm
Forum: Cast and Crew Questions
Topic: Re:Interview with Rob from season 4 team 8
Replies: 17
Views: 11616

Re:Interview with Rob from season 4 team 8

This isn't really a question, but if you speak to Rob again, could you tell him that I (and probably most of the knightmare community) think that he and his team did ****ing well on their quest. For a team to reach level 3 is one thing, but to successfully tackle the corridor of blades, the crumblin...
by frieza
Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:53 pm
Topic: Ariadne
Replies: 71
Views: 24258

Re:Ariadne's lair

Yes, Ariadne in series 5 and 6 was a bit crap-series 4 was probably her best appearance. One possible reason for the absence of her in series 3 was that there were so many other "animal chamber"-Kar's Lair, The Shark Pool, The Scorpion Room, Cat's Eyes, Frog Chamber that they felt that the inclusion...
by frieza
Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:46 pm
Topic: Best/worst series casts
Replies: 10
Views: 4297

Re:Best/worst series casts

I think one of the problems with the series 8 cast is that the producers tried to cover as much ground as they could in both characters and games, knowing that they only had 10 episodes rather than the usual 16. However, even if there was more time, I doubt that Stiletta and Maldame especially would...
by frieza
Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:48 pm
Topic: Best/worst series casts
Replies: 10
Views: 4297

Re:Best/worst series casts

I agree with some comments made about series 7, in that it had many characters who were irritating (i.e. Fidget), but other characters like The Brollachan, Grimaldine and Romahna were actually quite strong. Granted, Majida wasn't the best assistant, but then Pickle wasn't exactly better either. My w...
by frieza
Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:26 pm
Topic: Favourite End
Replies: 58
Views: 20028

Re:End of season

Let's be honest, it was so unfair what happened to team 7, series 6. Okay, they may have been a bit boring, but they were doing quite well and they helped saved the dungeon! And they didn't even get a decent goodbye. So unfair! On the other hand, I think season 5's ending was particularly dramatic, ...
by frieza
Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:13 pm
Replies: 330
Views: 117400

Re:Knightmare Limericks

One day, whilst in Marblehead
by frieza
Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:44 am