Search found 19 matches

by MindlessAutomartum
Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:24 am
Forum: Series 4
Topic: Series 4 Individual Team Pages: Team 8
Replies: 5
Views: 1309

Re: Series 4 Individual Team Pages: Team 8

I still maintain Series 4 was a unique series and each quest, taken on its own (or even week-by-week as originally broadcast!) provided lots of fun, atmosphere, interest and adventure. I agree that it was unique. The wooded areas had so much atmosphere to them, and no other series had scenes quite ...
by MindlessAutomartum
Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:14 am
Forum: Reminds me of Knightmare
Topic: Unintended Knightmare references on TV: game shows
Replies: 35
Views: 15881

Re: Unintended Knightmare references on TV: game shows

Did anyone spot Ayoade’s reference to “the dungeon master” in Medieval Zone in New The Crystal Maze this week?
by MindlessAutomartum
Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:47 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Knightmare RPG
Replies: 6
Views: 1744

Re: Knightmare RPG

I think I will do a lot better on the wall monster who asks software engineering questions.
by MindlessAutomartum
Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:33 pm
Topic: Knightmare RPG
Replies: 6
Views: 1744

Re: Knightmare RPG

That the_mart guy was a bit useless! 😉
by MindlessAutomartum
Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:22 pm
Forum: Cast and Crew Questions
Topic: Anyone - revolving disc in Series 3 and 4
Replies: 7
Views: 1709

Re: Anyone - revolving disc in Series 3 and 4

Ah, I see. Yes, it would be harsh to penalise you for that. I suspect there have been many scenes in the history of KM which have been edited for similar reasons.

It was a great quest by the way. Very entertaining, particularly level 3!
by MindlessAutomartum
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:51 am
Forum: Cast and Crew Questions
Topic: Anyone - revolving disc in Series 3 and 4
Views: 1709

Re: Anyone - revolving disc in Series 3 and 4

I think Giles' recollection of being pulled up by the producer related to 'throwing a spanner in the works' when he lobbed the spanner across the studio at the last minute, as we were looking for the 'works' into which to throw the spanner. That's when the producer said they always allow one 'Level...
by MindlessAutomartum
Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:56 am
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: New The Crystal Maze Series 2
Views: 1686

Re: New The Crystal Maze Series 2

For me, the real series 2 is a big improvement over series 1. The Futuristic Zone no longer looks cheap and tacky, and they’ve made some visual enhancements to the other zones too. I’m liking the new games too. One was taken from the original show, and there were four or five other games which were ...
by MindlessAutomartum
Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:12 pm
Forum: Real Life Meetups
Topic: Living History Festival - Weald & Downland aka Wolfenden
Replies: 3
Views: 815

Re: Living History Festival - Weald & Downland aka Wolfenden

I visited the museum last year and it was an amazing day out! I even saw a local bus with a picture of Wolfenden on the side, which was quite surreal.
by MindlessAutomartum
Sun May 27, 2018 7:09 pm
Forum: Real Life Meetups
Topic: The Midnight Hunt
Replies: 26
Views: 4685

Re: The Midnight Hunt

Would it mean dressing up as Stiletta? Um, I mean yeah, sounds good.
by MindlessAutomartum
Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:07 pm
Topic: True or False trivia question
Views: 2094

Re: True or False trivia question

The Block and Tackle and falling bridge were the ones I was thinking of, as those were one of the few rooms with hand drawings. The background of the falling bridge looks a bit S1 to S3ish, but I think it is slightly different. The Block and Tackle does look a lot like the original Level 1 Clue Room...
by MindlessAutomartum
Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:05 pm
Topic: True or False trivia question
Views: 2094

Re: True or False trivia question

Sounds false on the face of it, since S4 and S5 had totally different graphics from S1 to S3. However, many sound effects from early series got used in later series, so I wonder if some less obvious graphic was reused. I’ll have to think about this some more!
by MindlessAutomartum
Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: New The Crystal Maze Series 2

But Wikipedia says it’s series 2! It must be true!

Fingers crossed that we get to see the pathway completed then. They should make it like The Cube, where you get to see an expert play the game and see what happens when the crystal is won.
by MindlessAutomartum
Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:06 am

New The Crystal Maze Series 2

I see that series two starts on Sunday 15th April (one week away!). It’s at 2000, so the same time as KM chat. I wonder if any existing games will be kept, or whether they will all be new. I was a little disappointed that we never saw “Create a Pathway to Release the Crystal” completed, because that...
by MindlessAutomartum
Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:42 pm
Topic: Name that theme tune
Views: 2584

Re: Name that theme tune

Thanks for sharing Canadanne! There’s a few there where I know the programs, but not well enough to have worked out the answer. The ones I’m shocked I didn’t get are Neighbours, Wacaday, and Pigeon Street. They are three programs I watched a lot when I was little, but I still don’t recognise them as...
by MindlessAutomartum
Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:54 am
Forum: Fan Creations
Topic: Comedy writers
Replies: 11
Views: 6374

Re: Comedy writers

I love the look on Alex’ face. She’s either really good at acting or genuinely slightly uncomfortable with Traybake!