Search found 14 matches

by stevendoig
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:51 pm
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Series 3 - Episode 9
Replies: 59
Views: 38193

Re: Series 3 - Episode 9

Watching lots of Knightmare with my 8 year old the now (well, whats left on youtube at the moment) We both agreed that spying the two figures (including a strange red one) at a distance while looking out over that big long path was a very strangely creepy moment... Who was the red person - Hordriss?...
by stevendoig
Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:31 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Early Memories
Replies: 1
Views: 577

Early Memories

Hullo! At the moment I am watching my box set of 'The Adventure Game'. This series contains some of my actual earliest memories in my life! (Season 3 - I was 4) Anyway, it got me in the mood to post some memories of watching Knightmare on first broadcast - I'll only go up to series 5 as I taped 6-8 ...
by stevendoig
Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:45 pm
Forum: Series 4
Topic: What was on the other side?
Replies: 3
Views: 3390

Re: What was on the other side?

Thanks for the link! :)

Hmm, although I did watch Record Breakers on occasion, it definitely wouldn't have taken precedence over Kinghtmare!!

So a mystery it will have to remain! :)
by stevendoig
Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:48 pm
Forum: Series 4
Topic: What was on the other side?
Replies: 3
Views: 3390

What was on the other side?

Having just watched series 4 on Challenge, it turns out this is the ONLY series of Knightmare I have no memories of whatsoever... (I think I might start a thread on early memories, if I cant find one!) I am now 99.99% sure I didn't watch this series on original broadcast so I can only presume there ...
by stevendoig
Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:12 pm
Forum: Series 5
Topic: Series 5 Episode 1
Replies: 36
Views: 27851

Re: Series 5 Episode 1

Sorry, we did watch it on You Tube! We have watched what is available on Sky at the moment i.e - 2/3 of season 3 and halfof season 4.

I would buy a DVD release in a heartbeat! I hate watching you tube but the boy wanted more Knightmare!!!
by stevendoig
Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:14 pm
Forum: Series 5
Topic: Series 5 Episode 1
Replies: 36
Views: 27851

Re: Series 5 Episode 1

Just watched this with my 4 yr old. A few thoughts/observations. My son was getting very bored - that's a first! - the Smirkenoff scene was far too long, there were far too many eyeshield scenes and the Julius scene went on forever!! Looking at a previous post they mention how one of the advisors ha...
by stevendoig
Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:18 pm
Forum: Series 8
Topic: Series 8 - Episode 6
Replies: 17
Views: 12700

Re: Series 8 - Episode 6

Regarding other posts doubting the death scene... I reckon (someone could probably correct me:) ) that a lot of death scenes were re-filmed to make them more convincing. He probably originally took his step to the left and the crew then said 'Sorry, you're dead' They then re-filmed it with instructi...
by stevendoig
Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:33 pm
Topic: Series 8 Episode 5
Replies: 18
Views: 14889

Re: Series 8 Episode 5

That's fair enough :)

It would have foxed me though!
by stevendoig
Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:32 pm
Topic: Series 8 - Episode 3
Replies: 34
Views: 23624

Re: Series 8 - Episode 3

Ah interesting! I wonder how many times that happened on the series? (ie the team not really having a free choice after all.)
by stevendoig
Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:23 pm
Topic: Series 8 Episode 5
Replies: 18
Views: 14889

Re: Series 8 Episode 5

thoughts/observations This team are really good at guiding! I'm confused with the 'Play your cards right' - why was the eight of clubs the right one? Even more confused with Treguards virtual insistence (Are you sure?) on using the Sight potion.- The team clearly expected the dungeoneer to be able t...
by stevendoig
Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:22 pm
Topic: Series 8 Episode 4
Replies: 17
Views: 14449

Re: Re:Series 8 Episode 4

A few observations/thoughts Meant to say forearlier episodes, having the Dungeoneer gently lower himself to the ground after passing through a trap door and only getting up when told is an... interesting thing. Obviously the lack of a Sight spell has been mentioned. I reckon the producers decided th...
by stevendoig
Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:14 pm
Topic: Series 8 - Episode 3
Replies: 34
Views: 23624

Re: Series 8 - Episode 3

Again, just watched it with the boy - some thoughts and observations. I thought the way the dungeoneer actually PLEADED with his advisors to use the fearsome potion was odd. Did a crew member whisper 'Listen you - drink the potion or you die.' perhaps because they were taking an age to decide what t...
by stevendoig
Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:29 pm
Topic: Re:Series 8 episode 2
Replies: 23
Views: 17184

Re: Re:Series 8 episode 2

Just watched this episode again with my wee boy. A few thoughts and observations ( I think I'll do this all the time- if that's ok....:) ) I've just noticed series 8 episodes are only twenty minutes long! - combine that with the massive spy glass scenes and there's hardly time for good old dungeonee...
by stevendoig
Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:20 pm
Forum: Newbie Welcome
Topic: Alright?
Replies: 4
Views: 3760

Alright?

Great forum! I'm Steven ,i'm 37.Always loved Knightmare. Been to two of the Knightmare Live shows in Edinburgh, loved them too. Got the first 4 Knightmare gamebooks - loved them as well Had the game for the Spectrum - it looked great but neither me or my pals could get out the first room. Just dug o...