Erm... yeah... hi.

New members are very welcome to introduce themselves here.
Cull
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Erm... yeah... hi.

Post by Cull »

Okay, so I've been advised to introduce myself here. :) Usually I'm not overly keen on starting out with a forum's newbie area (I prefer to go straight onto the forum topic rather than just go for the newbie bits ;) ), but it sems introducing myself isn't a bad idea.

My name's Ashley Culley, I'm male, 21 and live in Bracknell, Berks. I'm a recent university graduate who's been looking for work since finishing last June, but having found little that my skills can fit into (and get a response - even rarer!) I've started doing nightshift work at the Sainsbury's down the road from me!

I've been a fan of Knightmare since back in its early days - can't remember if I saw any of Season 1 first time it was shown but I certainly recall seeing Season 2 (we may even have the episode with Stuart losing in the repeating Dividing Rod room somewhere on our old videos!). Even when I was living in Belgium in 1992-1993 I got to see Season 6, thanks to my Grandmother taping the episodes and sending them to me, though I'm now kicking myself for having taped over them since then! >_< However, over the recent couple of years I've been getting hold of the old seasons, reliving those great memories; I even sometimes take the video round to friends' houses, and it's unsurprising to find they want to borrow and watch them too!

My interests include computer game playing and designing (I'm hoping that in the next few years I can build up the skills to get into computer game design professionally), fencing, and creative writing and drawing. I'm also a Furry, and have been for pretty much all my life! My user name is a short hand of my surname that I tend to use as an online nickname, and also the name of my "Furry equivalent" that I'm using in a story/game design I've been working on for the past year or so.

I guess that if I have any "claim to Knightmare fame", it's that my brother knew one of the people on the 1st team in Season 8 (the one who, funnily enough, were from Bracknell!), and he and some friends were considering applying for what would have been Season 9!
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Erm... yeah... hi.

Post by MoanaLiza »

I'm also a Furry, and have been for pretty much all my life!
Excuse me for being a bit thick, but what's one of those?

Hi and welcome by the way :)
Last edited by MoanaLiza on 29 Oct 2003, 21:37, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Hello and welcome! :D
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Cull
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Cull »

Excuse me for being a bit thick, but what's one of those?
No problem. :) Furries are basicly "fans of anthromorphs" (i.e. animal-people).
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Hey Cull! Welcome ( I know I've said this before ;)). I'm Emii, also known as Kulaemii or Kully.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Hey Cull, welcome to the board.  8)

Just imagine if you used your whole surname, there'd be a lot of confusion between Culley and Kully!  ;D
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Hi and Welcome Cull!  :)

I'm Motley, professional entertainer... Motley at your service, a quick giggle for a groat and something screamingly funny... If only you can cross my palm with silver...  ;D (Series 3, Team 2)
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Cull
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Cull »

Zagor - not too much worry on that part - I have particular pet peeve with being called "Cully" rather than "Culley". ;) A few of my friends online do call me Culley rather than Cull, although Cull's fine if it saves any confusion! :)

Motley - can I summon you by bellowing your name like Martin did in Series 3? ;) (Another reason why I like that quest so much!)
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

That depends if you have a CURE spell... Wait a minute why am I talking?  ;D
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/