Directions to Level 4!

New members are very welcome to introduce themselves here.
Akerbie
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Directions to Level 4!

Post by Akerbie »

Greetings Folks! Being new to this I was wondering what the buzz was here. At times I would have wonder what it would've been like if the dugeon existed beyond level 3. Before the days of a successful quest, it was unknown to me how many levels there would be. Would it go on and on until the dugeoneer perished, I asked myself! Anyway! That idea may be somewhat daft as the same team, if clever and quick, could in theory play for the entir series. Not exactly great for one who longs for a goal. Series 3 was my fave series, probably because no one actually succeeded. What does everybody else think?
Greetings! My name is Akerbie, and I'm on a quest for The Jigsaw Puzzle! There are many pieces to collect on my path!
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Directions to Level 4!

Post by HStorm »

Welcome aboard, Akerbie.

There were rumours doing the rounds a few years back that if there'd been a ninth season of Knightmare, the Dungeon would have been extended into more levels, although from what Tim Child says - that branstorming for the ninth season never got under way - I suspect it's just a myth.

S3 was probably the best, but my favourite was S2. And no, that isn't a contradiction. *Folds arms defiantly and pouts.*
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Hi, Akerbie, welcome, and thanks for the pronunciation guide in your Personal Text. (I'd been thinking "Acker-bee", I must admit.) We seem to be getting dozens upon dozens of bogus non-posting accounts being set up at the moment, so it's pleasing to see a genuine new member introducing themselves.

Regarding 'Level 4', you might be interested in these comments:
mystara wrote: G'day

For those who don't know me (not unrealistic....despite my being easy to summon, it is rare that people choose to do so :D) my name is Alan Boyd and I was the team captain for the series 8 winning team (the one with the red hair).

[...]

- From what I saw it looked like the plan was to make the shortcut a standard feature of a possible future series.
The shortcut would stretch from half way through level 1 to half way through level 2. There would then be a shorter level 3 and a *new* level 4. I think they were trying to get away from the concept of "level 1 is a warmup, bad teams get to level 2, good teams get to level 3".
This is a lot of speculation based on what I saw. The only thing I know for sure is that it was implied the shortcut would be around and that the dungeon design was going to be different in the next series (if there was one, they weren't sure)
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Reading that I can't help thinking, thank God it finished when it did!
This account is disabled.
My new account is TheOldenDays
Akerbie
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Akerbie »

Thanks Drassil!

Mnay folk have asked me many times before how to pronounce it or have just pronounced it wrong anyway! haha

Think of it as my calling name! lol

I've been on this site before but didn't think to sign up until recently! I have just finished watching all the Knightmare Episodes on DVD, and can honestly say that it brings back a lot of fond memories, and also a lot of things I didn't remember despite having watched the entire run during it's original broadcast!

You know, when Series 2 was due to start back on telly, I really, really excited. [I was 11 at the time.]

When the school finished, I ran home as fast as I could, and as a result I almost got knocked down by a car that was turning corner. A lamp-post on the corner saved me. Phew! Now that's dedication for the show! haha
Greetings! My name is Akerbie, and I'm on a quest for The Jigsaw Puzzle! There are many pieces to collect on my path!
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

'Dying' to watch it eh? ;D

Interestingly enough, I was in a traffic accident during season 2's original run as well, and had to spend three weeks in hospital with a broken leg. Seeing Anthony Hague fall to his doom in Lillith's domain was one of the few high points of my stay at the Devon & Exeter General. (Nothing personal against Anthony, but it was a laugh).
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Akerbie
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Akerbie »

You know! I agree with you about Series 2! It was fave until I started watching all the episodes on DVD recently.

Series 2 has all the classic early rooms such as ,The Mills Of Doom [which I love but no one ever died here which is a bit disappointting, they added the spooks in Series 3],the Corridor of Spears, etc. It was basic without all that outdoor shots of the woods and so on. I prefered it without the Eyeshield, but have now grown to like Pickle. I forgot all about Majida though, but I grew to like her too, but she was on the wrong programme, but was loyal. Credit where credit's due!

I always remember Elita over the years due her "Faceache" catchphrase. We though that was funny, but I didn't know her name until recently!
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

Yes, hello and welcome. I am dark Descender, romanticist, femenist and the best there is. Enjoy yourself.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"