Re:Hello!

New members are very welcome to introduce themselves here.
Modeski
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Hello!

Post by Modeski »

Hi all, just thought I'd better introduce myself having joined this decidedly motley crew.

Like most people here I grew up watching Knightmare, rushing home after school and becoming totally immersed in the KM world.

I grew up with HStorm, and together with his brother, helped to draw up the New Advance Rules for the The Knightmare Board Game http://havetstorm.tripod.com/knightmare/id24.html . We also played all of the Atmosfear board games many times over - I once thought of getting a tattoo saying "Yo Baron, I can dig it!", though sense prevailed.

I hail from Scotland originally, though am in London at the moment, having just returned from a 1 year working holiday in Australia. My pet peeves are management-speak and the Hard of Thinking. Umm, that's about it for the moment, so...

..hi! (and bring back Knightmare)
Arr!
Madmogsue
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Madmogsue »

hello modeski and welcome.

i'm fairly new too but also hail from scotland. i see you too were brought here by someone else. snowcat dragged me in here one day and i got hooked, again...
Kupo? kupopo?!?
Modeski
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Modeski »

Hi Madmogsue,

Good too see another scot! I fear I'm going to become even more obsessed the longer I stay here, but perhaps that's no bad thing. I caught myself telling someone to take "a sidestep to the left" so I could walk past them the other day. It's downhill from here i think!
Arr!
Madmogsue
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Madmogsue »

lol... that reminds me of my last job... used to work at kfc. and i told my mum one morning while i was still bleary eyed.... to enjoy her meal.....
Kupo? kupopo?!?
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

*slinks in seemingly out of nowhere*

Greetings fair midden!

Welcome to the land where 'eggs is eggs', doors are black cloth and Genies are insulted (hotly followed by a large *crunch* and....... 'ow')!

If you know HStorm, you know already what this place is like. ;)

Looking forward to more creativity from the community philosophers! ;D

and again WELCOME
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Hi Alec, glad you've introduced yourself to us riff-raff at last! And welcome back to the chilly northern hemisphere. Hope you and Hayley had a good flight.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Modeski
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Modeski »

Hi Snowcat, nice slinking. Does noone here work? (says me, watching the cricket and drinking cider on a monday afternoon).

I'll prolly sit by with my eye shield for a while and get the feel of the forums before I post too much, though I reckon i've pretty much picked up the tone. Bit musty in here, but that's no bad thing...

Hstorm, hullo! I had forgotten how BLOODY COLD it is here. Yeah we had a good flight, all 21 hours of it. As soon as I get a chance to (and the server is back up), I'll update my site with tales of the trip. Highlights include the toilets in Kuala Lumpur that were just a hole in the ground, and trying to blag our way through immigration. :)
Arr!
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Holes in the ground?! Wow, the technology in that corner of the world's really coming on in leaps and bounds... it means they've already caught up with France!
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

Madmogsue wrote: lol... that reminds me of my last job... used to work at kfc. and i told my mum one morning while i was still bleary eyed.... to enjoy her meal.....
Hehehehe KFC seems to have that effect on people. Whilst working there I was obsessed with a game called Abe's Oddysee and I had a dream where I was working at the store, but if when I was serving a customer, I failed to ask if they wanted to Max their meal or if they wanted any side orders etc, I would get shot by a Slig, a weird reptilian character from the game!! It was rather worrying at the time!! ;D
"You think maybe a girl can't do this? Ha!! Like camel I spit on you!!"
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Yo and welcome! :)
Subject to change.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Hello and welcome :).
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Modeski
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Modeski »

Hi Malefact and Moana Liza. I am currently embarking upon a quest to finish the bottle of red wine of doom. +3 Inebriation! I fear travesring the dungeon may become more treacherous as time goes on...
Arr!
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

G'day Modeski...

Motley/Fidget/Glenn Toogood is here to help yer out, I like the way you mentioned Motley crew there... ;D
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Modeski
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Modeski »

G'day fidjit! Good to hear an aussie voice. I'm just back from a year down under. Go the bombers :)
Arr!
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Think Australian, Drink Australian... :)
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/