The new KM episode is up!

Discussion about Knightmare in youtube's Geek Week.
fluttermoth
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: The new KM episode is up!

Post by fluttermoth »

Oh, great news!

Any (k)new Knightmare is to be looked forward to with excitement, even if it is just outtakes; I for one couldn't care less :D
Last edited by fluttermoth on 06 Aug 2013, 22:29, edited 1 time in total.
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

beveryafraid wrote:For those already asking, a full edit of and including all the material shot and played in Norwich on July 24/25 will be completed by september and will be made available via an Internet link in due course.
Thank you for this Tim. :-)
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Canadanne wrote:
wombstar wrote:so does anyone know what 'swords and sorcery' was? When I applied to be on the show we received the 'blue letter of death' confirming the shows cancellation and was being replaced by a new show 'swords and sorcery' I believe they called it.
I think you're referring to The Sword of the Sorcerer.
They must be it.. how odd, always wondered what on earth that was.
But year the letter said something like we may want to apply for that instead.. I don't have a copy of the letter but I'm sure others received the same one.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
WhiteFloatingSkull
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteFloatingSkull »

Ah, the stuff on the way is better than nothing at all!
Thanks Tim, you make this ol' white floating Skull happy all the more! :3

The only thing I felt was missing, in fact, was a floating skull or two...
I tells ya, it's been far too long since we've been allowed to haunt the greater game!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

beveryafraid wrote:For those already asking, a full edit of and including all the material shot and played in Norwich on July 24/25 will be completed by september and will be made available via an Internet link in due course. This includes the Fountain of energy - described by Theodora Snitch (but deleted), allowing leaks from the Fountain in Level One to fall into Levels two and three, providing emergency energy renewal.
Its a feature you are all going to like, but as a gamestmaster, its partricularly useful for one can place it in perilous positions, forcing the players to take the risk, or not. Look on the end credit screen of the Youtube version and you will see it previewed.
Thank you. :)
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

short and sweet but i really really enjoyed it!
One thing missing- the death gong! it was very well done in the such short of space they had!!!!!! 10/10
Gundrada
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gundrada »

knightmaredave wrote:short and sweet but i really really enjoyed it!
One thing missing- the death gong! it was very well done in the such short of space they had!!!!!! 10/10
Yes, it's not a proper Knightmare death without a "Booong"!

Edited due to crappy spelling
Insider
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Insider »

Gundrada wrote:
knightmaredave wrote:short and sweet but i really really enjoyed it!
Yes, it's not a proper Knightmare death without a "Booong"!
My remix edit, which includes the death gong (amongst a host of other ‘original Knightmare’ sound effects and surprises) should get finished tonight so I will upload to Youtube asap and post the link on this page (though bear in mind a 20+ minute HD video will take a good while to upload!)
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Sorry to curb your enthusiasm, Insider.

But this would both violate the YouTube Standard License and would seem to constitute copyright infringement. It is also worth pausing to consider the effect of pulling attention away from the official episode so soon after its release.

It's possible that Tim (or whomever holds the rights) is happy to allow your video. I hope that is (or will eventually be) the case. However until I hear otherwise, Tim's previous instructions regarding copying apply.
Insider
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Insider »

Mystara wrote:Sorry to curb your enthusiasm, Insider.

But this would violate both the YouTube terms of service and would seem to constitute copyright infringement. It is also worth pausing to consider the effect of pulling attention away from the official episode so soon after its release.

It's possible that Tim (or whomever holds the rights) is happy to allow your video. I hope that is (or will eventually be) the case. However until I hear otherwise, Tim's previous instructions regarding copying apply.
Yes I was thinking about this to be honest and I do appreciate what you’re saying. I was going to clearly label it a ‘remix edit’ and link people back to the original along with providing full credit to them.
Currently, there are numerous Knightmare clips that have been uploaded to Youtube including full episodes which obviously haven’t been challenged in terms of copyright violation, how or if this differs from me uploading an edit, I am not sure.
Obviously if Tim doesn’t agree with it I will scrap it. I wonder if it would be possible for me to upload it privately and seek permission from TC before making it public?
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

UPDATE:

This episode is considered to be subject to copyright.

The rightsholders WILL take action against anyone publishing a rework of the episode, including a sound mix, edit, or otherwise.

They would like me to express that it would be very sad for them to have to do this to any member of the fan base.
Insider
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Insider »

Ok fair enough, that's the end of that chapter. Thanks for obtaining that info for me Alan.

Shame :(

Edit: As I am not allowed to upload said remix, I suppose I can still tell you what I’d done up to this point at least:

- Replaced into/theme with series 6-8 opening (complete with dragon roar sound and dungeon door opening sound)

- Added spell casting letters, in their original font, on-screen as they we read out and added appropriate ‘magical’ spell casting sound effects afterwards

- Tension building background music was added to each room including further dramatic sounds to emphasise peril where appropriate

- During spyglass scene, when Lord Fear senses that he’s being watched, I added the warning/alert sound

- Added original goblin horn sounds where appropriate including at the start when Daisy tries to wake Treguard and also later on in the episode when they are being chased by a Goblin in a clue room. Further tension music added at this point also

- Original Ariadne sounds/music added to her scenes

- Further heartbeats added and emphasised during life force recharge scenes plus life force animation added in shot to show current status at appropriate times

- Original door/portal transition sound added to each scene (sound taken from a Series 6 episode)

- Lift sound effect added – taken from a later series episode

- Death gong added during Stuarts fall, followed by the original life force death music (I think from Series 1?)

- General cleaning up of the editing, for example where you see a jump cut in the Lord Fear “massive weapon” scene, I cut to the advisors listening in the chamber in order to cover the jumpy cut in the footage. Did similar later on in the clue room where they ask about the scroll, the footage cuts back to the dungeoneer at that time to cover up a jerky edit

- Added full closing theme from Series 6-8 and added the Broadsword Television ident and ‘bong!’ sword sound effect to close
Last edited by Insider on 07 Aug 2013, 15:40, edited 2 times in total.
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

You never know, they might stick a 'bonngg!' in there when the extra material comes out!! :-)
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Having watched the episode again, I now realise most of the team were perfectly fine despite being adults - it's only the prat on the end who ruins it with his annoying Jack Whitehall voice and stupid remarks. I dunno if he was just nervous or something, but his OTT performance bothered me several times. I still think it's better with kids, but it probably could be made to work with the right adults.

Another observation: although it wasn't immediately obvious due to being a CGI representation, I am very happy to see them back in the old antechamber with magic mirror and seating! Really wasn't a fan of the redesign in Series 8.
kevmsmith81

Post by kevmsmith81 »

I personally really enjoyed it. Although the tone of the team may make it seem spoofy in a way, it was just very enjoyable.

It shows to me that the format still works, and I would love to see more.