ITV Anglia news item

Discussion about Knightmare in youtube's Geek Week.
HobGoblin
Staff
Staff

ITV Anglia news item

Post by HobGoblin »

Not sure if anyone's posted this:

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/story/20 ... -comeback/

Interesting wording at the end re. the geek week episode :)
Extreme warning team, a Hobgoblin in the level!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: ITV news item

Post by Canadanne »

HobGoblin wrote:http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/story/20 ... -comeback/

Oh dear, looks like someone got their wires crossed, and now people are posting on Facebook that a new series is being filmed because they said so on the News!

Cool video though - thanks for the link!
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Not necessarily.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Canadanne wrote:
HobGoblin wrote:http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/story/20 ... -comeback/

Oh dear, looks like someone got their wires crossed, and now people are posting on Facebook that a new series is being filmed because they said so on the News!

Cool video though - thanks for the link!
Wishful thinking at the moment but it could be true soon, who know's?!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Knightmare mentioned on ITV ANGLIA TONIGHT

Post by knightmaredave »

it's on v soon i saw it!!!
if missed here is here s a great article on their website!!!

https://www.facebook.com/itvanglia

or also:

www.itv.com/anglia
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Article in Norwich Evening News

Post by HStorm »

The misleading aspect is that it says, "Knightmare is *also* being reprised for a one-off internet show as part of Google's geek week."
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Knightmare mentioned on ITV ANGLIA TONIGHT

Post by Kieran »

Fantastic. It really is getting some fair coverage, isn't it?

Great to see both Mark Knight and Tim Child interviewed. Sneak peak at some of the new rooms too. It seems Lord F has moved out of Marbelhead!
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

HStorm wrote:The misleading aspect is that it says, "Knightmare is *also* being reprised for a one-off internet show as part of Google's geek week."
It's not necessarily misleading.
It could be entirely accurate.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

This youtube thing I reckon is being used as a pilot, hence the green light wont be giving unless it's a success.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Knightmare on ANGLIATONIGHT

Post by knightmaredave »

Did anyone catch the report that was on ANGLIA TONIGHT on Monday. Good to see that Anglia has shown some of its history and acknowledged that it was an excellent show, even the half alive newscasters seemed quite enthusiastic about it (i;m sure i posted this the other day but can't find it or i'm going bonkers!

check out
www.itv.com/anglia
UnclePob
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by UnclePob »

Mystara wrote:
HStorm wrote:The misleading aspect is that it says, "Knightmare is *also* being reprised for a one-off internet show as part of Google's geek week."
It's not necessarily misleading.
It could be entirely accurate.
Indeed that's certainly possible, I'd like to hope in any case.

I have a hunch that a possible KM revival might have been planned for some time. We're led to believe the Geek Week Special opportunity literally came out of nowhere at the last moment, and while this could still be accurate, maybe two birds were killed with one stone.

From what we know, Google made a request for Tim to create a one-off episode for Geek Week with a nostalgic slant purposefully designed to convey how the series was as opposed to how the series would be if made today. There is also suggestion that the whole deal was fairly last-minute, as evidenced by the recording sessions being fairly close to the online release of the episode itself.

Given the circumstances, the most logical course of action would have been to use all existing available resources. More specifically, the David Rowe artwork that was used for Series 1-3 still exists, and based on the detail seen in these wallpapers provided by Rowe himself:

They're certainly HD quality. In any case it would have definitely been feasible for the episode to have featured some of those since they're not only 100% authentically original but would surely be less expensive to re-use than the completely new dungeon backdrops that were seen in the episode itself. Those appear to have been created completely from scratch - just compare Granitas' room for example, the rooms resemble the Series 1-3 rooms but were re-created from scratch.

Why do this? It's strange, especially since there were apparently more rooms featured in the adventure that didn't make the final cut into the episode itself. That's either an additional expense that wasn't absolutely needed (and in some ways wasted), or a possible clue that plans have been afoot for quite some time to revive the show in the 21st Century, with re-painted higher quality (or entirely CGI?) dungeon locations.

Perhaps Tim simply saw an opportunity to use the new elements that already existed because of his previous attempts to revive the show (which KMVR would have been one), or maybe the potential of the Geek Week episode was seen and seized on very early with no expense spared creating the new scenery - which is what I'd expect might be the case if a follow-on series isn't merely a possibility but to be expected...

And I'm not entirely convinced Treguard's "Join us again for Knightmare" line at the end isn't intended exactly as it sounds :)