Re: CONSOLE, PC GAME

For all discussion and ideas for bringing back classic Knightmare.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Yup! 50!
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

By the way! I e-mailed BUNGIE about the situation!
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

Motley:
Anything else apart from getting attacked by another one of Snowwies creatures?  

First of all they are not my creatures, they're my patients, I'm a part time shrink for creatures.
And second: *Darkness the demoness turns Motley in to pile of sludge*
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Snowwie I just wanted to ask, did you dissappear for the past couple of days because there has been a full moon? Or has there not been a full moon in Finland?
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

There was a full moon, but I was away bicause mom coulnt bring the computer, she had to work over time
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

*glubba* *glubba*
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

BTW Darkness is in one of the evils small stories I'm writing, then there are three more, or one actually two other arnt volunteerily evil.
er glubba?  ???  
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Sludge?  ;D
dracon1980

Post by dracon1980 »

Sorry to interupt, but the old Speccy game was hugely into the more strategy side of things. If i remember rightly it was a case of pick up key, put key in lock, turn key, eat key and the like. It was those sorta games that kept me and my mates entertained for hours just trying to figure out where Lord Fear wanted me to stick his goblin horn ;)

If you havent played it I recommend getting an emulator just to play it, or hunt around your loft if you brought it some 10 years back  ;D
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Gosh, I'm glad to find someone who actually enjoyed that game. I think, anyway. I think the general consensus isn't quite so positive. ;)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

Thats what happens when old games are dug back up.

Whats great when new 10 years ago is suddenly judged by TODAYS standards and ends up with a less than positive reply.

The game hasn't changed but the perception has. You'll probably find the same with nearly all retro-classics. good memories of then, but have no longevity and feel crap today.

imagine if the classic Final Fantasy games were released new today as they appeared then (I'm thinking brand new game with NES graphics and sound etc, not a re-release like what actually happens).

They wouldn't stand a chance....
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Well, while I see your point, I don't think it's actually too applicable for most people in this case. I thought this game was pretty poor on my Amstrad when I first bought it, oh so many years ago. So long as we're talking about the same one, it wasn't the graphics that people dislike, but the initial difficulty getting out of the first two rooms! Plus the fact it was a little to unlike KM for a lot of people's tastes. Sure, you need to adapt, but there were some elements that people would have liked to have seen in it, which could easily have been adapted, but weren't.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

Which (almost) brings the whole thing back 'round to the 'Amateur game coding project' scenario. There used to be tons of these kicking around when I first came across the Knightmare site a few years ago (bravenet forums..... aaah the memories!) but they slowly dwindled and died a quiet death when people realised exactly how much work was needed to come up to scratch.

Granted, we have IKM but there's been nothing else for at least a year. Anyone ever manage to complete their Amos/Dark Basic/C++/Flash/whatever program??
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
dracon1980

Post by dracon1980 »

Yeah i used to love that game, but bringing back old games is much like a double edged sword.

One the side foot to the left side you got the the ten year old games brought back on emulators being played and loved by one and all, but I find that I cant play the old speccy games for more than 10 minutes without feeling a little dissapointed... (the old, i remember it being better than this syndrome). This is good.

And on the side foot to the right side i totally agree with not bringing back old games, unchanged, onto a new platform, and charged 40 quid for a game you used to play 5 years ago. This is evil.

In the end publishers will try to make money no matter what.  >:(
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

In the end publishers will try to make money no matter what.  >:(
Yes, I'm afraid that part is all too true.