The Floor in the Plan

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

The Floor in the Plan

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Here is a short Knightmare audio skit to commemorate the 25th anniversary - written by Rosey Collins, edited by Ross Thompson and with the voices of Jake Collins, Rosey Collins and Ross Thompson.

Click here to download. Enjoy! :)
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Re: The Floor in the Plan

Post by shadow6162 »

Ah! So that's what happened to the ante-chamber! This was quite entertaining :D
Many years ago I wrote fanfictions. Now I attempt to write sanely.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Come on, Tim!

Post by Drassil »

[Spoilers]

Thank you, JR&R. I did enjoy. :) An amusing jaunt that fills a continuity hole (no pun intended) and brings back memories of Jake's 'Series Hate' article in TES.

It would have been fun to hear some of the tennis, with Treguard oohing and aahing in the crowd. No doubt his skyward looks and outstretched palms during Series 8 originated with impending rain at Wimbledon. ;)
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Hmm... Majida hurries Treguard away while she "deals with" a visiting workman... and later Treguard arrives to find the furniture all over the place... and the workman explains he was doing things... on the sheet?

Umm...

Accuse me of having a one-track mind, but if this were ever televised, would the screen be shaded blue, by any chance?
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Hilarious - thanks for this! :)
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

After the recent revelations about author Robert Galbraith's identity, am I the only one who is hoping for another Hordriss & Sidriss audio sketch from Jake & Rosey? :D
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dugeoneerborne »

HStorm wrote:Hmm... Majida hurries Treguard away while she "deals with" a visiting workman... and later Treguard arrives to find the furniture all over the place... and the workman explains he was doing things... on the sheet?

Ohhh nasty :D
Sidestep to your left simon style, simon style..whoop...whoop...whoop...whoop.. sidestep to your left simon style.
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Post by shadow6162 »

dugeoneerborne wrote:
HStorm wrote:Hmm... Majida hurries Treguard away while she "deals with" a visiting workman... and later Treguard arrives to find the furniture all over the place... and the workman explains he was doing things... on the sheet?

Ohhh nasty :D
8-o ...I have only just got that...I'm so slow XD
Many years ago I wrote fanfictions. Now I attempt to write sanely.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Better very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very late than never. Though only just.
TheOldenDays
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by TheOldenDays »

We've had a lot of fun making the series over the past 6 years, but what do I really think of it? Find out now in Jake's Throwback Reviews!

Skit: The Floor in the Plan
Original Release Date: 1st September 2012
Throwback Review Date: 14th September 2016
Score: 4 out of 5 (very good)

Inspiration: Anyone who's ever wasted a day waiting in for an unreliable tradesman should find plenty that rings true here. It is easy to imagine that Treguard would not want to pass up the opportunity to watch Pete Sampras and Goran Ivanisevic fight their way through to the Wimbledon final on the off-chance that the builder might actually turn up, much as he later comes to regret the decision. (Just to set the record straight, the real life Russell Jackson, who fitted a new bathroom for us in the same month that this skit was released, was far more reliable than his fictional counterpart.)

The massive changes to the antechamber in Knightmare's eighth series do not deserve to evade comment on how strange, extreme and inexplicable they are, and this skit finally sets that right. Yes, it was indeed one heck of a floor repair, and (as is made obvious here) it did not go according to plan!

Comments: It's interesting to note that, chronologically speaking, this is by far the earliest sequence of events that we have ever presented, as it takes place at least sixteen years before anything else that's been released under the Knightmare Audio Series banner.

This skit is always a joy to listen to because it is, quite simply, extremely funny. It's unfortunate that it dates from the time before the hissing from the microphones got tidied up in preproduction as a matter of course, and Treguard's voice still had that nasty deepening effect on it, but that doesn't take anything away from the overall high quality of the skit.