I wonder why

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
elloello
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

I wonder why

Post by elloello »

Challenge? have decideed to start off at series 3 and then go from there. I haven't seen series 1 or 2 in ages and I would love to see the starting series of knightmare again, anybody know why there doing it this way?
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Re: I wonder why

Post by Illusion »

When Challenge were thinking about buying a series of Knightmare, they asked people on their message board what the best series to get was. I think Series 3 was the most popular request, so they started with that.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: I wonder why

Post by KaM »

I genuinely believe it was quite a favour for Challenge to do it this way. Apart from actually trying to gauge opinions, Series 3, in my opinion, is the one which really - magnets viewers, especially new watchers. It is far longer than S1, which was quite handy, meant more showings to watch, and because it is generally conceived to be the most popular - which was then supported by impressive viewing figures on the repeats, it could be that choice of series which has led to anything else being shown at all.

Mr Child has already said, as I recall, that due to costs incurred, it must really have taken some overwhelming statistics for Challenge to consider S4. Therefore, it could have been the rather illogical starting point that give allowance to any more series showing at all. Let's just hope the trend continues.
Knightmarian. alphavillean. Marvellian.