have you seen the Challenge adverts?

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Re: New Challenge? ad

Post by Purgatory »

I like the idea..  remember there will be different people about during them times..  challenge have already won over the prime slots for knightmare and moveing it around will allow other wathers to view the program maybe pushing them to takeing more notice for a new season or the other episodes.
have to rememver a views are 5am isn't likley to see kmare at 6pm.

and i think challenge would have already decided if they want anymore.

but the 5am slot is alittle silly but 10am is okay
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
BrotherNutmeg
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by BrotherNutmeg »

After todays episode (the last ep of S3), the continuity announcer said they'll be showing a Knightmare double-bill at some point, so I don't know how they'll fit that in the schedules.  Or if the episodes they show'll follow on from the episodes in the regular slot.
---
Dickon's got the horn, Master!
BrotherNutmeg
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by BrotherNutmeg »

Incidentally, I can just about manage the 5am slot, but the 10am slot's terrible.  Who's awake at that time?!  Either way, I suppose a lot of people with 'jobs' missed the 6pm showing.  Get your priorities straight people!  Providing you move back in with your parents (if possible), they've got SKY and you can live off Tesco value baked beans, you should be able to live on your dole money AND have a just enough to buy a couple of blank tapes to record Knightmare on.

Also, my new self-help book "How to Watch Knightmare on £42 a Week" is available from all good bookshops now, priced £41.99.
---
Dickon's got the horn, Master!
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

how many of us emailed the GJ to say we would love to see a double bill of knightmare as he asked, me for sure  ;D
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Nods. :) I understand totally about the want for more viewers, and adjusting accordingly. Yet, and I'm sure the argument must have been put forward before, I wonder why Challenge are never wooried about future preservation for this type of show. They don't seem to be worried that in a month's time people could be pig-sick of T.C and not turn to watching it for a good few months afterwards. They seem strangely occupied about the present ~ we want lots of watchers TODAY, this week ~ worry about the future then. Given this, I hope T.C. does slump, because I think it would be justice done for a show of that quality that gussumps KM in terms of viewers to start showing a better representation of things! :)
Challenge do seem to have a remarkably present-tense outlook as regards scheduling. It has indeed been pointed out to them that TC will suffer in the long-term if it's overexposed now, but since Challenge can't take intelligent criticism without either a) going deaf, or b) throwing tantrums, I imagine they're still running around their office with their fingers in their ears shouting "We can't hear you" over and over again like 8 year olds.

In my view, they also fail to prioritise effectively. Knightmare may not be pulling in the ratings that TC is, but there are many other shows in the prime-time schedule that are doing a great deal worse. Now they only have TC and Fort Boyard among the prime-time schedules that rate well. I can understand the idea of moving it to the morning slot to attract children on holiday, but the adverts I've seen have all been put on in the peak-slot it's just moved from! How is that going to attract people who weren't watching it before? I'd hope they might have thought of advertising on children's channels, but I doubt they have.

I think they're likely to remain shortsighted. From what's been said on their forum, it looks like at the moment they intend to move it back to a prime-time slot in due course. However, although they may add Series 5, it'll be very much the same limited episodes. The comment made by one of their GJs that they were looking at acquiring Series 5-8 is either out-of-date, or was an outright lie or misrepresentation of their strategy. They're only looking at the possibility of acquiring Series 5, according to one of their staff. They'll show these over and over again until they have the same problem, and they'll probably blame it on the programme rather than their bizarre strategy of getting a few episodes at a time when some of them have now been shown lots of times already.

This is the channel that were bemused that the viewing figures for The Crystal Maze had decreased after they'd shown it on constant repeat for years, and the same channel that thought a few months later they could bring it back into the prime-time schedules with reinvigorated ratings. This is the channel who think that Celebrity TV Bloopers will fit their programme portfolio, and- worse- think it will be a ratings winner. This is the channel whose GJs have been announcing for the last week a future programme but giving the incorrect time it's on. This is the channel who begin their description of a future programme they wish to promote with "I know it doesn't sound very exciting, but...". Thankfully, it's also the channel that were convinced to show Knightmare. However, based on past performance, don't ever expect them to treat it properly or even logically.  
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 05 Aug 2003, 23:42, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

Makes perfect sence. i forgot the kids where off.
And since they have been off for a week or 2 they might have cought the last couple of Knightmare eps...
Most people tend to be up during school holidays 9/10am so haveing Kmare at 10 makes perfect sence.

And i'm sure there are many out there who get up about 5am.. i used to. but they should have kept the late eveing slot instead.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

KM Advert on Challenge

Anyone else seen the one advertising KM and Gamesmaster jointly? I saw it for the first time tonight. The Patrick Moore impression wasn't too bad, but I hope whoever was voicing Treguard wasn't genuinely trying to impersonate Hugo. If so, they should really stick to the day job! Has anyone seen any other adverts for KM?
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: KM Advert on Challenge

Post by Fidjit »

I haven't yet seen any advertisement of Knightmare alone. It came rather suddenly didn't it?
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

Ive seen it, thought it was very funny  ;D
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

oh so their are some adds to help the new season?
didn't thik there was any, not watched Challenge for a couple of months
Brangwen
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Brangwen »

Yeah, I saw that advert earlier today, a rather corny advert I must say, they should really give Knightmare and Gamesmaster their own *quality* adverts, though I guess it's better than no advertisement at all.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I've seen it about three or four times now. I didn't really like it at first but it has grown gradually on me and has started to seem quite funny. I thought similar to GG about the Treguard impressionist. I preferred the ads that Challenge had for s4 and I think that s5 should be advertised in the same way. Maybe the same way as other programmes are advertised, where they take clips of characters/people in those shows and it sounds as if they are talking about (if anyone knows what I mean).
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Don't worry Marge, I know what you mean!

It does grow on you, although I agree it'd be nice to see some actual footage from the show. Still quite funny.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

what do u guys watch in Challenge? to get to see these adds?    i'm getting kinda worried about you.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Challenge ads?

Post by MoanaLiza »

What's your order of preference for the Challenge ads.
Mine is:
3rd - the one for s5
2nd - the ones over the Summer with the s4 clips
1st - the documentry for s3 (my favourite)

Oh I forgot the one with the office blokes - one with a bin on his head crashing into the wall and being laughed at by colleagues. I can't decide which one for third now out of that and the one for s5.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"