WE DID IT!!!!!

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
Steve
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

WE DID IT!!!!!

Post by Steve »

WE DID IT GUYS!!!!!!!

Our opinions have actually influenced an entire channel's viewing schedule - makes you feel good doesn't it?

Now lets help to get the viewing figures high enough to have series 1-8 shown BACK TO BACK

WELL DONE EVERYONE!!!
Last edited by Steve on 18 Apr 2003, 05:17, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

Came, Saw, Mastered, Moved on...
Lord_Kram
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: WE DID IT!!!!!

Post by Lord_Kram »

Yessssssssss!  ;D Im soooo happy that we managed to do it! SERIES 4 HERE WE COME!!!  :D
Im gonna record the whole thing as well!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

It definitely seems that Km has been quite a big hit on Challenge or they certainly wouldn't have shelled out for another series!

The bigger repercussions of this will be that Km's continuing success will make the prospect of getting a new series very attractive indeed to all the tv channels because this is cast-iron confirmation of Km's lasting appeal! I'm certain that this will be the clinching argument when the new series of Km is up for commissioning.  :)
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

It is encouraging that our views made a difference- and, as I said on Challenge?'s forum, that the viewing figures were good on the second showing of Series 3.

You mentioned on another thread that you needed your moment of egoism. I'm going to have mine now in saying a personal "ha ha" to those few people who told me privately that my efforts in getting people to express their views to Challenge? rather than remaining silent were pointless, and that we'd never see the programme on Challenge? again. The "dead horse" that one particular individual accused me of flogging seems to have strangely risen from the grave and is currently wandering around the paddock. ;)
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 18 Apr 2003, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I wonder if BVA has got a bigger grin than a Cheshire cat at the moment!

8)
Last edited by MoanaLiza on 19 Apr 2003, 01:41, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

I wonder if BVA has got a bigger grin than a Cheshire cat at the moment!

8)
Well, even if he doesn't benefit much (if at all) financially, it must be pleasing to have something you created show such enduring popularity. :)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Steve
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Steve »

Well said Grimaldine, i reckon there are quite a few people who are being forced to eat their words now
Boy Ard
Steve

GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Boy Ard
Oh, I'd quite forgotten him and his comments on the Challenge? forum. However, I couldn't feel too badly towards him: he must have a sad life stuck on a fort with Melinda Messenger constantly appearing with her eternal over-enthusiasm.
Steve
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Steve »

true, although i can see a few benefits to being stuck in a fort with Melinda messenger  ;)
Last edited by Steve on 19 Apr 2003, 03:01, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

in fact i never watched it 2nd time round  :-X
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Trial_by_Spikes
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Trial_by_Spikes »

I really love you Leslie Grantham. And your dwarves.
Oh look there's J.G. Ballard in a burnt-out fridge with a spitfire pilot.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I really love you Leslie Grantham.
:o :o :o
Bananaman
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Bananaman »

Well Challenge said the ratings were not high enough as one of the reasons for binning the show.

Some of you members made some fantastic points that changes their minds. Things about adverts and when Knightmare was shown were noted and it looks like these were the reasons for Challenge buying the rights to series 4.

We all now have to make sure that series 4 gets into the top 10 most watched Challenge shows so they will buy the rights to more series.

If the ratings dont improve this time i think we have very little chance of getting another season as they Challenge have done everything we asked and we will then have very few points to argue.

Make sure you tell everybody you know to tune in and make the show a hit for Challenge.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I think that it might be a bit more popular than last time. They are going to be putting it on at a decent time, as well as during the week. How did they expect to get many viewers at times like 3am (whats that?). How many people are watching TV at that time. I didn't even know what 3am was until someone told me, which I said I only thought that there was only one 3.00 and that certainly wasn't am (only Joking). They also dropped the 5pm slot from Sunday, which was what I used to watch.
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

How did they expect to get many viewers at times like 3am
They probably didn't expect to get many viewers at that time. It seems to be commonplace for such channels to repeat the same schedule 2/3 times a day as they have to fill up the schedule somehow and the budget cannot stretch far enough to show a full days individual programming.
You're on the edge of a ledge...