Challenge Cult Selection Winners

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Challenge Cult Selection Winners

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

From the sound of the introduction to this, it sounds like it is 6 hours worth of programmes rather than 3 repeated. It said something about the countdown continuing this evening.

Just a note for anyone who might be tuning in. It looks like they are indeed showing episodes of at least some of the programmes featured among the Top 10.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Challenge Cult Selection Winners

Yes, the top end of the countdown will feature in this evening's 3 hour programme. No sign of KM yet, so we can hope it's up there. :)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

It just has to be
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Well, it's in one of medal positions if it's there at all. :)
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Okay, just for anyone who wants to know positions 10-2:

10. Name That Tune
9. The Generation Game
8. Bullseye
7. 3 2 1
6. The Golden Shot
5. Sale of the Century
4. Going For Gold
3. Crackerjack
2. The Adventure Game

Poor old Festus has watched Challenge? all day. He brought me this update after trying to eat Nicholas Parsons on the screen.

Notice any notable absentees so far? Well, I think we can safely say Mildread can bring out the celebration cake in a while.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Bring forth the cake, Mildread!

Sound the goblin horns!

Yes, Knightmare came top in Challenge's Christmas Cult Selection Winners countdown.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Ohh what a surprise.

See, I believed in KM, voted once, and it won :D.

Now lets hope that win brings us other seasons of KM from Challenge?

Well done KM yet again, MORE good news for us to kick of the year!
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Yes, I doubt many people will be very shocked by the news. But it is yet another small piece of good tidings, and hopefully it will be another positive reason for Challenge? to consider when deciding whether the buy the rights to other series.

Again, thankyou to everyone who spent a few moments of their time voting on the Challenge? website.

P.S.: WARNING- DO NOT EAT PIECES OF MILDREAD'S CELEBRATORY CAKE. The old cow has been playing with the arsenic again. I tell you, dearies, Festus will sure have indigestion in the morning.

Jasonic
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Jasonic »

I voted 3 or 4 times, guess I was just desperate for it to win.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Wa-hey! *Dances in a mad circle with Kully*
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Can anyone just confirm that Series 3, Episode 3 was shown last night after they announced Knightmare as the winner? Can anyone describe how they announced the poll results? (voiceover/clips?)
You're on the edge of a ledge...
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Can anyone just confirm that Series 3, Episode 3 was shown last night after they announced Knightmare as the winner? Can anyone describe how they announced the poll results? (voiceover/clips?)
Series 3 Episode 3 was indeed shown at about 11.30pm after the annoucement.

For each announcement there was a voiceover by the same guy who did the voiceover links for the KM documentary. His voiceover for KM was: "So, here we are viewers: the winner of the Challenge Cult Selection. It's getting on for midnight, and you're all about to have a Knightmare". They then showed the documentary again (the version they'd showed before with just TC and HM, not the extended version TC mentioned elsewhere that should feature Treguard and Debz). Then it went straight into the episode. There was no advertisement or anything for the January repeats of KM after the episode itself.  
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

great,
i only did the one vote im not that greedy,  ;)
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Series 3 Episode 3 was indeed shown at about 11.30pm after the annoucement.

For each announcement there was a voiceover by the same guy who did the voiceover links for the KM documentary. His voiceover for KM was: "So, here we are viewers: the winner of the Challenge Cult Selection. It's getting on for midnight, and you're all about to have a Knightmare". They then showed the documentary again (the version they'd showed before with just TC and HM, not the extended version TC mentioned elsewhere that should feature Treguard and Debz). Then it went straight into the episode. There was no advertisement or anything for the January repeats of KM after the episode itself.  

Treguard and Debz???  Sorry when I read that I got confused, thought you meant Hugo Myatt!

I was surprised they put on EP3, luckily I had m VCR set up  8)
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Challenge? have said on their website that this year's was their best-rating Christmas ever. Despite Bananaman's valiant attempts to press them into answering, they haven't as yet revealed if they're going to try to secure the right to show the other 7 series.

Also, on a thread somewhere here someone mentioned that the ratings for KM specifically over Christmas were good- can I ask where that info. came from?