Goblins up to their old tricks?

Any feedback, questions or ideas for this forum and website.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Unable to access the main site

Post by Malefact »

Hmm. I've always had to refresh to see changes in the forum (new posts, people logging in/out). I thought that was how it was supposed to be.

Regarding accessibility, I can almost never access the forum at weekends. It may very well be the ISP at fault (possibly caused by waiting for a reply from the host server and cancelling too soon).
Subject to change.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I have only had to do the refreshing thing ever since I had problems with NTL. I had to change something on my browser, some sort of settings. I didn't used to have to keep resetting though I used to get updated info everytime I went back a couple of pages after posting or viewing threads!
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I've had a few problems accessing the main site too. I've also had problems with several links once I've got there. I'll have to go back and check exactly which ones and if they're still not working for me.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

??? Seems like those goblins are up their old tricks again >:(! spellcasting G.E.T.L.O.S.T. Oh well if that didn't work then I don't know. I seem to have an anti goblin filter with my browser ;D, as it seems to be working fine for me! Anyway which internet provider are all you people having problems with then?
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

My problems are normally the other way round, I can access the website fine everytime but it's the forum I have real trouble getting onto, that's why I'm massively active on it for 10 hours and then dissappear for 2 days! Although i find it easier to go to knightmare.co.uk and click on the forum link than go straight to knightmare.info, for some reason my computer doesn't like going straight to the forum!

Oh the fun of modern technology!

hehe ;D
Foxxy Roxxy
JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

More problems today... I can get the main homepage to load, but I get the '500 internal server error' page where the navigator frame should be, and when I clicked on the link to 'Series', I get another eror. And these errors don't go away with refreshing.

I find that I sometimes need to refresh to see new updated to the site (I think this is because sometimes web pages are cached on the hard disk).
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

More problems today... I can get the main homepage to load, but I get the '500 internal server error' page where the navigator frame should be, and when I clicked on the link to 'Series', I get another eror. And these errors don't go away with refreshing.
I have that problem sometimes. I think that it's a problem with the website server. I remember a while back when there was a problem with the website where it was in a different colour. I think that it was in white and the writing was in yellow and blue. I could't view any of the pictures and icons and I couldn't click on any of the other pages such as the series, clips, history, etc. pages. I remember a couple of times, usually the weekends the forum server was playing up and I couldn't get into it for ages. I havn't seemed to have that problem for ages or I am not online when it happens. Usually when there's these problems there is a problem with the servers and most people or everyone is having the same problem!
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

It's good to know I'm not the only one having problems then, hehe.

Another unusual thing that happens with my computer is that when i click on the forum link from knightmare.co.uk it'll open up another window saying 'this page couldn't be found' or something like that, so I delete that window, click on the link again and a new window pops up again but takes me straight to the forum!

It's like, if you're gonna let me get on the forum anyway why don't you let me get on the first time I try rather that the second?! it's not just a weekend thing either and it doesn't occur when there's loads of people on the forum either, oh the confusion  :)

I don't mind though, i love this forum, hehe
Foxxy Roxxy
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Just a quick note to say that I am aware of all the problems people have with accessing the forum or website. As I mentioned in a previous thread, unfortunately not much can be done about it.

Having said that, there shouldn't be many problems accessing the main site, as it is in a different host to the forum (which has always been unreliable).
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

just to give the flip side i haven't ever experienced any problems as far as i can remember, but admittedly that aint the longest of time.
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Goblins in the main website server!

Post by MoanaLiza »

Is the main website down at the moment? It says unknown host whenever I try to get onto it. I had that problem before and the main website server was down. I am not having any problems with other sites. I know I keep getting goblins in my system, which are making me go back to ME from XP ::), but I don't think that that's the reason of not being able to get onto the main site though!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Goblins in the main website server!

Post by Malefact »

I can't access it either, atm. It's quite odd - usually I can access the main site but not the forum. Tonight, it's vice versa.
Subject to change.
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

I was worried that I was the only one... sigh could someone tell me the url to the Km chat?
Last edited by Snowwiewolf on 25 Oct 2003, 22:42, edited 1 time in total.
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I was worried that I was the only one... sigh could someone tell me the url to the Km chat?
Oh drat, lack of interactive page is going to cause me problems there too.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Main site problems, anyone?

Post by Velda »

I was going on the Chat tonight but I can't get into the main site!  It keeps saying "Page not available" every time!  :(  Is this happening with you guys too?