Olde members?

Any feedback, questions or ideas for this forum and website.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Re:Olde members?

Post by Purgatory »

i'm about,
just been really busy. :)
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

The Tigger is still kicking around, my apologies for not posting in a while.

I've been busy causing havoc in the RP board 'Surrounds' for the last few months as 'Coriolis' (I take back any negative comments that I ever made about it! 'tis been great fun!) as well as trying to keep tabs on the various KM related projects that I'm now involved with (Tho' I'm saying nothing about them for now! ;) ).

There's very little that I can really add to any conversation that I haven't already contributed... I don't see any point in repeating old points ad nauseum when the original posts are still out there to be found. That would simply lead to the board stagnating...

Mind you, I'm still watching!
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
Thanatos
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Thanatos »

I've been here since June 2001.
"The Tory Party is the cream of society: rich, thick and full of clots." - anonymous
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

I believe I am still here, too.

Many 'old' members tend to use MSN or KM Chat as their Community medium these days.

I still have plenty of contact with some of the old members who no longer post here. A shame really, but you never know, they know where we are, one day they may come back! If they haven't kept up with the news, I imagine a few are in for quite a shock!
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Wait until Christmas guys, thisshall be an exciting seaon... ;D
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Elita
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Elita »

I'm still around, (and have been since January '03) but back in Unannounced Lurker Mode until further notice. Shiny objects, RPGs and old Amiga games have proven to be bigger distractions than I'd thought.

I'm planning to give my KM site a facelift at some point, (there's so many characters I haven't insulted yet...) but knowing my attention span, it won't be done at any point in the near future.
"Gentlemen! Please! You can fight like itsy bitsy babies later. Right now we have adult name-calling and mud-slinging to attend to."
- Dr. Nightmare, Attorney at Law
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

I'm the ultimate olde member, and I'm still around - always will be! As K suggests, a few of the older members of the community tend to haunt KM Chat, and Illusion has correctly pointed out that a lot of us only say things on the forum when our de-lurk mode is activated.

I mean, look at Forester - longevity, four and a bit years. Post count, 21.
Last edited by Pooka on 01 Oct 2004, 01:09, edited 1 time in total.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
NeilJones
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by NeilJones »

I have actually existed in this community since late 2000. I just have other online/offline committments now.

Anyway, I prefer quality over quantity. 32 good post instead of 96 crap ones. Yes.
Yes I'm still here. Do you know who I am?
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

What about 812 crap ones? :o ;)
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

That's quite a shock...I think I've been here since about 2001...wow :-X
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
NeilJones
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by NeilJones »

ringmasterrob wrote: What about 812 crap ones? :o ;)
If you've made 812 crap posts that's not my problem. It probably means you need to get out a little more :)
Yes I'm still here. Do you know who I am?
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Even though I was joking, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who would disagree with the statement that I need to get out more.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

I don't think that longevity, even though it garners respect at times, should have any great relation to status. Post count certainly shouldn't. Any member who's here, now, reading and/or posting, taking an interest, is as valid a Knightmare fan as the next. It would be nice if everyone who joins and settles in would post a while, post forever... but it's not going to happen. Better to hope that people have a good time during their stay of activity, and have a good time with other stuff when they move on, even if they don't say adieu as such. And comebacks aren't always wise or successful - look at Dirty Den! (In fact, don't. ;))

I'm more an older member than an olde member. Exactly a year ago, I started my Knewbie Welcome thread. Six months after that, I'd had the privilege of closely befriending and meeting some of the members who'd welcomed me, and other members too. I owe this place a lot - more than 632 posts or more can express - and I don't plan on packing my bags just yet... :)
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Scott_Wilkinson
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Scott_Wilkinson »

I've been on the Knightmare website since 2001.
The number one Children's programme of all time for me is, was and always will be the one and only... Knightmare.
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

Been around since Tuesday 19 November 2002 - quite scary that its almost been two years. I drift in and out of posting 'sessions' - i'll post solidly for a month, then drift away - still check the board almost daily though! :D
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.