SOMETHING STIRS

Report and discuss latest knews and developments relating to Knightmare.
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:SOMETHING STIRS

Post by AriadnesLayer »

Pooka wrote: why don't you e-mail Tim? I don't expect you'd get much of a reply, but...
Thank you very much for the suggestion. As you pointed out, the chance of a reply is little, and it is for this reason I suggested Nic email him, because I'm sure they have exchanged emails in the past (though I could be wrong) and he's more likely to receive a reply than I am :) Therefore it seemed the most logical solution for something we ALL would be grateful to know, after all. (It wasn't a selfish request).

Also, I know Nic no longer has time to update the site, but I'm sure Knightmare is still close to his heart (just as it's still close to mine even though I don't visit this site nearly as much as I did when I first joined in 2000) and I'm sure he, like us, would like to know what, if anything, is stirring.

Furthermore, whilst constantly updating a website over a long period of time is very time consuming, it is not safe to assume that the same goes for sending one email. They are not really comparable (as someone who has his own busy website, I know this). I'd say that's like saying a trip to the supermarket (something we all do anyway) is as time consuming as going on a backpacking tour through Australia (something we'd have to put a great deal of time aside to do in our free time). Quite ridiculous.

And lastly, I'm sure Nic can answer for himself whether or not he could send an email for us, so please can we keep this thread on topic and not put words in people's mouths, or needlessly beat down others' suggestions.
Last edited by Anonymous on 21 Apr 2009, 16:11, edited 1 time in total.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

(I beg the indulgences of the admin team for this post.)
Ariadne's Layer wrote: As you pointed out, the chance of a reply is little, and it is for this reason I suggested Nic email him, because I'm sure they have exchanged emails in the past (though I could be wrong) and he's more likely to receive a reply than I am
There's nothing to stop you both e-mailing him, A-L. What I suggest is that you try to contact Tim, and if you get no response, look to Illusion for ideas what to do next. As you say, Illusion's the one on the forum who has probably had most contact with Tim down the years, so if you have problems getting in touch, he can probably help out. But as Pooka says, he's a very busy man in his own right these days, and it's not really fair to ask him to do everything for us. It would be good to show a little initiative, perhaps?

And lastly, I'm sure Nic can answer for himself whether or not he could send an email for us
As a matter of fact, he frequently can't because he only occasionally has the time to log into the forum.

please can we keep this thread on topic and not put words in people's mouths
I can only speak for myself, but I don't see where Pooka has put words in your mouth - or anyone else's mouth for that matter - at all. He simply suggested that you might be better advised sending the proposed e-mail yourself. He didn't insert any undue inferences that I can see into his post at all.

And given the rather odd supermarket/Australian backpacker comparison you cite, it could well be argued that you are the one putting words in the mouths of others. (And not for the first time, recalling your comments before Christmas on the Bribes thread.)

or needlessly beat down others' suggestions.
Again, no one has done any such thing. Pooka simply pointed out why it might be better to send the e-mail yourself. He wasn't saying the idea of e-mailing Tim was a bad one, nor did he insult you or tell you off for coming up with it.

With all respect, A-L, I really think you need to cool your engines a bit and re-read what's been said in the cold light of day. This isn't the first time you've publicly cried foul over supposed 'bullying' of newbies by long-time forum users, and as before, your complaint looks like an over-reaction to something that you've badly misinterpreted.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

tim@televirtual.com is the E-Mail address if I remember correctly.

Something will come up, we just have to put our heads together and think of something. Anything that could prove to be of any interest... :)
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Fidjit wrote: tim@televirtual.com is the E-Mail address if I remember correctly.
I don't think that address is being monitored anymore. He does have an intermedialab address though, which is the most recent one I know of. Best not to post it on a public forum though.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

I haven't exchanged e-mails with TC for a few years, so please go ahead and e-mail him via InterMediaLab. I'm sure he will respond but if not let me know and I will try.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
KMFAN
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by KMFAN »

Its really dissapointing that Tim hasnt updated us on the situation.

Ive been watching all the old episodes on youtube the last few days and it never ceases to amaze me how gr8 knightmare was and how gr8 a new form of knightmare could be.

I suppose well just have to keep waiting for some news and hopefully something will turn up
Naitch
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: SOMETHING STIRS

Post by Naitch »

Yeah, I'm hoping that there will be an announcment soon.

After all, we are nearly half way through 2009, and I'm waiting to be beguiled...
Helvellyn
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Re:SOMETHING STIRS

Post by Helvellyn »

KMFAN wrote:Its really dissapointing that Tim hasnt updated us on the situation.

Ive been watching all the old episodes on youtube the last few days and it never ceases to amaze me how gr8 knightmare was and how gr8 a new form of knightmare could be.
That's what really surprised me when I found episodes on YouTube last year. Normally I expect disappointment from things I watched as a kid, but Knightmare still worked, and I still found it tense and scary (although not to the same degree, admittedly) at times.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Has anyone contacted Tim?
I assume there was no reply?
tomyboy
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by tomyboy »

Mystara wrote:Has anyone contacted Tim?
I assume there was no reply?
I have! There was no reply! :(
PKB
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by PKB »

Disappointed to see there has been no official update to this topic yet. Fingers crossed Tim gets back to us soon, regardless be it good or bad news just so we know what's happening.

Paul Boland.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

I hate to be the bearer of more disappointing/anti-climactic news, but the InterMediaLab website now appears to have been taken down. The URLs http://www.intermedialab.eu and http://www.intermedialab.co.uk both divert to a website for a telecoms firm called FreeClix. I have found the following register pages for InterMediaLab;-

http://www.do-business.net/Indexer/Comp ... dialab-Ltd
http://www.creativematch.co.uk/viewlisting.cfm/55199

which appear to have been updated this year, but I don't know how many months ago. I can also find websites for another firm calling itself InterMediaLab, but that one appears to be based in Scandinavia, and I can find no sign of it having any links to Tim Child.

I think we can probably be forgiven if we assume that nothing will come of the 'stir' from eighteen months ago.
frakilk
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by frakilk »

This is sad news indeed :'(
BBrooks
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by BBrooks »

Very sad news :'(

I can't see this being the end though, Tim Child always has something up his sleeve and it's not been officially announced that it's not going ahead anymore so I'm still holding out hope. :)

And for all we know the InterMedia Lab Website is probably just being redesigned or something.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Well, there's also the great wall of silence coming from Tim Child himself that nobody appears able to penetrate.