10 years ago...

Report and discuss latest knews and developments relating to Knightmare.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Ten Years Since Knightmare Ended

Post by Fidjit »

I dedicated my project to it! :)
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
KFan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by KFan »

It does seem like yesterday. But I think 2003/2004 were the busiest years for Knightmare since then, which is great. Little did we know 10 years ago that we would have this wonderful website, and such a strong community.
thecrystaldaze
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by thecrystaldaze »

I didn't realise as I didn't watch it before :D
beeurd
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by beeurd »

Whoah! 10 years!?

Knightmare is undoubtedly my #1 favourite TV show ever, lol.
Can't believe it's been 10 years. But then, I can't believe I'll be 22 this year either...

;D
-'. beeurd : the one and only
TheIronMaiden
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by TheIronMaiden »

I certainly was gutted when 1995 rolled around with no Knightmare...

Here's to the future though :)
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

I was one of the ones who wrote in as a response to the aforementioned endcap; the news of Knightmare's demise hadn't reached our ears in my hometown yet.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
DazzaS
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by DazzaS »

Despite all the reasons Tim Child gave and others. I will never understand why the plug was ever pulled on Knightmare. The seris was getting so exciting wiht the new CGI- Goth still scares me more than level 3 of previous seris (well more of mount fear could have been scary) the graphics and designs were so good and would have given the seris the extra somethign they tried with the real castles and pictures of previous seris from seris 4 to 7. And a show still pulling in 4.5 million on a friday afternoon!!!! Eastenders can barely do that now!!!
No justification I say.
Ooh, nasty!
dontyoulikemypie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dontyoulikemypie »

I remember being most shocked that the series was so short, I hadn't read anywhere that it was a curtailed run and so when it was all over after 8 episodes I was upset. Then I saw the recruitment ad and felt reassured that it'd be back. Little did I know!
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

dontyoulikemypie wrote: I remember being most shocked that the series was so short, I hadn't read anywhere that it was a curtailed run and so when it was all over after 8 episodes I was upset. Then I saw the recruitment ad and felt reassured that it'd be back. Little did I know!
Season 8 ran for 10 episodes, not 8; it was indeed very short, and I recall being quite shocked when it ended so early in the year. Ever since 1988 I had been getting ready for Christmas while still watching the final few episodes of KM.

What a shame the series ended so abruptly, and indeed I have never believed that the cancellation was to do with the ratings, more to do with the controllers personal tastes and a difficult decision from the producer.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
sodoto
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by sodoto »

*g* I remember someone telling me that Hugo Myatt had died, and that was why there was no new series... I really don't know who told me that - probably was the simplest way to explain to a distraught nine year old that her favourite series wasn't going to be on anymore. Probably the happiest thing I've learnt since joining the fandom is that he's still alive - it was definitely an amazing feeling, that it was just [a very roundabout accumulative series of problems well described by Mr. Child] rather than what I thought for a long, long time!
Sidestep right.