Series 8 - Episode 7

Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Series 8 Ep 7 *No Spoilers please this time!!!*

Post by Tom41 »

Another great episode! I liked how Snapperjack chased the dungeoneer across the moving-floor room, and they still had to face his 3 riddles after escaping! Snapperjack appeared to be still standing in the same place after a block had moved away, but he was of course let off ;D
What do you think was the answer to the 3rd riddle? The god down there beginning with P... Poseidon?
"Beginning with P? P-p-p-p... pick up a (penguin)" - though I think they chopped off the Penguin to avoid infringing a trademark :P
In that scene one of the advisers also suggested they apologise to Snapperjack ;)

Also liked the troll chasing them while they were attempting the rune-lock puzzle, with new suspenseful music. The troll even entered the chamber (in slow motion) as the door opened!
Next room, they seemed to cast the Fillet spell immediately to destroy the Skeletron - almost as if they knew it would be there before they entered the room (or something was edited down). All I heard was one adviser saying "Skeletron, BIG skeletron" and another doing the spellcasting.
I wonder how they would have done if they'd gone for the trapdoor, even if they didn't have a FLOAT spell? Would he drop to his death? If so, it didn't matter since the team would be in losing status anyway.

Interesting how the next team started in the sewer tunnel, didn't really seem to be a shortcut. It just lead straight to the Level 1 clue room, missing out the dwarf tunnel. And why did the fireballs come out only after they'd taken the items?
The dwarf tunnel seemed to have been moved to just after the clue room in fact ;)

First appearance of Smirkenoff this series! I liked the snoring and how he was very sleepy as he talked to the dungeoneer ;)

Classic lines today:
"Is that K-N..." "Ooh! Don't do it now!"
"Ooh, plainberries - yeeeeeah!"
"Snip-a-snap, what have we here?" Adviser: "An intelligent person?"
Last edited by Tom41 on 01 Jun 2004, 20:08, edited 1 time in total.
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

The bit in the Series guides detailing the end of Episode 6 should really be moved up to just before the paragraph starting with 'Met Sidriss by the sewers', as otherwise it looks like it happened after the team died, which would have been pointless.
This new team mangled up the proverb a bit- it's meant to be 'A bird in the hand is WORTH two in the bush' instead of 'is better than'. Still, amazingly. Brother Strange (or was it?) didn't have it. He probably had the 'worth' version.
The 'short-cut' that actually wasn't looked like a London Underground tunnel to me, for some reason!
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Anyone notice the following:

- As the new team head towards the dungeon gate the camera dipped up (probably as the cameraman stepped down from a step) and showed part of the studio ceiling.

- As Brother Strange / Lord Fear (not sure which) appeared he appeared from the middle of nowhere. The blue screen he was hiding behind was in the middle of the passage and not by a dungeon column.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I somehow couldn't help but wonder if there was sound problems and Michael couldn't hear the advisors a lot of the time. I liked the banter between LF and Sly.

PS Billy I think that that was the real Brother Strange. We'll find out tomorrow if so. I think very much so we'd be able to tell if it was Sly and his "pooms".
Last edited by Anonymous on 01 Jun 2004, 20:24, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

"Take this old habit Hands, it's the only dirty one you haven't got!"

I could be wrong, but was the first dungeoneer carrying three items at one point? (the bat, the stinkwort and the plainberries) But I take it that they weren't meant to have the stinkwort anyway.

The first team were too busy talking amongst themselves. Just before they went to the door instead of the trapdoor one of them ordered Treguard for help ("Give us some advice quick!") Too many teams have forgotten the fundamentals of the dungeon over the years, the only way is down, right hand path, no weapons etc.

I think it was the real Brother Strange too (loved that he proved how he was by pointing at himself!) Don't know if we'll see Sly Hands - Lord Fear gave the impression that he was going to do it!

I think that the team guessed the objects ("We could use that or trade it...") before working the scroll out later. Good to see Smirkenorff again!
Good night out there; whatever you are!
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Yes but Lord Fear did say at the end that he would have to do it himself. Good to see Grippa and Rhark again over the last 2 episodes

Liked the troll that was moving towards the team in the number combination room.
LordF
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by LordF »

Perhaps the Trolls have taken over Goth, snice their King was killed by the Troll hammer.
LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

A Good episode, but I'm realy confused over their death.

What on earth did they actually need then to get to Level 3 cause I cant see how they could get another float spell. It was obvious they needed the first Float Spell to reach Level 2 so where on earth were they meant to get another one from?????

Some good moments in this episode though, love the combination room with the music and the troll noises, and then panicing to quickly get it done and go through.

Also there is a small blooper in the episode - When Treguard opens the gate for Rebecca to go through. He trys to close it but pulls the chain the wrong way, he is confused for about a second over why it wont close before realising ;D
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

The team didn't even step onto the trap door.. chances are it would have just opened up.
Nice way to go...

That was indeed the real brother strange.. but hoping we see the fake.. i don't understand why fear would want to do it? why not Raptor?
Oh well... if he does indeed to it him self then that could very well mean he did it the 1st time (season 6, Hordriss disguise)

Well can't Waite.. great stuff.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Gaminguy
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Gaminguy »

Treguard did seem very harsh in this episode. When the first team said "Give us some advise" he just said "NO' in a dismissive tone.
I reckon that the gate leading from the antechamber into the Dungeon Dimension is pulled up by someone else and Treguard pulling that chain is just for effect. It does look very suspicous when it is being lifted up erratically and Treguard is pulling the chain smoothly.
angelordevil4585
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by angelordevil4585 »

The Brollachan wrote: Anyone notice the following:

- As Brother Strange / Lord Fear (not sure which) appeared he appeared from the middle of nowhere. The blue screen he was hiding behind was in the middle of the passage and not by a dungeon column.
I did notice that, I also saw it on one of last weeks episodes, you can actually see him before he steps out.

My parents annoyed me today, by trying to tune in the radio over most of KM...when i complained I got told 'it isn't real you know' I know it's not real, give me some credit, but it still would be nice to be able to actually hear it...parents..... ::)
Now, I don't like to gloat...what am I saying? I can't believe I just said that, dear me, what a little fibber I am. Of course I like to gloat...love it, something of a hobby.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Gaminguy wrote: Treguard did seem very harsh in this episode. When the first team said "Give us some advise" he just said "NO' in a dismissive tone.
I reckon that the gate leading from the antechamber into the Dungeon Dimension is pulled up by someone else and Treguard pulling that chain is just for effect. It does look very suspicous when it is being lifted up erratically and Treguard is pulling the chain smoothly.

That is very true...Occasionally you can see a hand reaching out to guide the blinded Dungeoneer down the steps.

I was not overly fond of this team, really, they seemed to think it was...more of a joke, than a fantasy-based game.

Still, they died as they forgot one of the main rules of the Dungeon: Onward and downward.

They failed to go downward, simply.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Prehaps they should have used the hour glass.

Notice at one point they had 4 items in their knapsack:
- Stinkwart
- Bats Wings
- Berries (I think this was put in ready for the spell)
- Hour glass

So much for only 2 items in the knapsack.
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Tom41 »

The Brollachan wrote: Notice at one point they had 4 items in their knapsack:
- Stinkwart
- Bats Wings
- Berries (I think this was put in ready for the spell)
- Hour glass
Looks to me that when they left Level 1, the hourglass was got rid of since it didn't have a use. Likewise with the Stinkwort, since they didn't have any use for it they probably discarded it before getting the berries.
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

They didn't get rid of the stinkwort thou, they didn't have time before picking up the plainberrries - Snapper Jack was almost on top of them!

What were the brainpills for? - maybe Sidriss or someone would have given them a FLOAT spell for them

Treguard was quite harsh - didn't he help a team in series 3 that tried to go up a set of stairs instead of down? Saying "The Only Way is Down" would have been enough.
Good night out there; whatever you are!