Series 8 Episode 4

Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Series 8 Episode 4

Post by Tom41 »

Discuss, people!

This episode is where the team go into the Corridor of Blades (and die). I liked the symbol above the door signifying the entrance to the Corridor. The death sequence could have been better though - the picture just froze and gradually turned red. It would have been better if the picture continued moving while it turned red, followed by the classic 'skull' Life Force Death, like in the last two series.

As I said in my last post, they were already in losing status after having bartered away the Sight potion. And is it just me, or did the blades seem to be moving faster than usual?

When they died, as Treguard says "Ooh, Nasty!" a light illuminates him from above, and there's a sort of choir-like chord. Oddly, this wasn't used for the first team's death, but it was used for all other deaths in this series.

Snapdragons make another appearance in the dwarf-tunnels at the beginning of Team 3's quest. A classic line from Majida "There, I say it right, poo-poo-poo goes Mr. Greybeard and what happens? Snap, just like that!"

Those fireballs looked a bit dangerous ;) Still, I don't think they would have hit the dungeoneer if he'd been right in the path of them. The camera angle gives an illusion that the fireballs are lower than they actually are.

The ad break cut off just as the spy-glass scene was starting. And the sound man didn't cut off the sound in time, you can hear the beginning chord of the music over the static Knightmare logo. And again, the fireball appeared just as an important piece of information is given!

Oh, the room with the 4 fireball holes had evidence of being edited. The fireballs go in a sequence from left to right, 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4. Yet, when the dungeoneer was in the middle of the room and ran to the exit, I saw the fireballs go 1,2,3,4,3,4.

I liked when the team had to force Honesty Bartram to sell them the Risky potion, and wouldn't take anything else! ;D

And some knice graphics on the end credits, walking through a completely CGI dungeon corridor.
Last edited by Tom41 on 27 May 2004, 20:12, edited 1 time in total.
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
LordF
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re:Series 8 Episode 4

Post by LordF »

"Alright, Who spiled the red paint?"

That's what I thought when I saw the screen turned red.

Is it me or after the new dungoeneer read the word Fireball on the scroll a fireball suddenly appeared.

The new team is a good team, at least they didn't panic when a snap dragon appeared like one advisor did like last time.
LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear
zzt
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by zzt »

Yanno, I'm lucky this CoB death actually DIDN'T include the skull, so I could actually watch the CoB do its work...
That zzt is an american!
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Well, they needed a SIGHT potion instead of the key, but the way they were going it seemed that they could have done it without one-the only reason they died is because an advisor told Daniel to go Left instead of Right. (Sound familiar?). By the time he had corrected his mistake, it was too late. If you think of the death sequence as blood spewing everywhere, it sounds rather gory. Wish that bloomin' WWTBAM dog that remained throughout the episode (disappearing for the adverts) would have met a similar death.
Still, we're onto Team 3 now. They've just reached Level 2, and are doing fairly well. I'll probably have more opinions of this team tomorrow!
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Just a thought, if they'd have got through the CoB would they have won? Or were they still in losing status.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Yeah, I'm sure they'd have been able to win had they got past the CoB. Whether they WOULD have done I'm not so sure, they'd still have had to face Lord Fear and the likes.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Tom41 »

Other teams have got through the CoB with no Sight potion, just good left-right direction from the teammates. But I think, had they been able to get through, they would have been faced with a room which was impossible to get out of without an item they didn't take. (losing status)
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

See I told you the team would get cut down to size by someone or something. ;D
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Ben5067
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Ben5067 »

Lord Fear wrote: The new team is a good team, at least they didn't panic when a snap dragon appeared like one advisor did like last time.
RUN RUN RUN
thompy
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by thompy »

May it be the wrong thing to say, but I felt a sort of delight as these guys got the chop ;D would have loved to have seen the skull death sequence also, and heard the chimes as they where cut down to size, anyway roll on the next team ;)
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

The sight spell isn't really going to help them i don't think, for a start they still keep the helmet down, 2nd they just appear to get a brief look at the room.. chances are the blades would have been slowed down alittle..

And how to people drink potions? putting it to the helmet isn't drinking lol.. i don't think they even open the bottle.

Anyway.. great death, nice to see the Blades back in action.. with that and PYCR the teams finally have a challenge.

Well 2-0 and deaths go to the Red dragon and Honesty Bartram (blades),
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

They don't eat food but put it in the knapsack, they should really pour the potion into that as well!

Potoins are used in this series were spellcasting was used before, they don't take up as much time and - although repetative- aren't as bad as spell-casting.
Good night out there; whatever you are!
WillsOfDoom
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WillsOfDoom »

Maybe I missed something, but which item could this team have bartered with? There was a key, a glove and a needle, not really trading material. Did they just give up the SIGHT potion too readily? Honesty said the key was 'of some interest', so did they need to persuade him to trade for that?

A little bit unfair I guess, but hey, this is KM, right?
I like my telly scary, and very dungeonish.
avenueroad
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Re:Series 8 Episode 4

Post by avenueroad »

Had the Jewish team survived the blades, I think they would have faced a mysterious character in the quest room, Lissard in reality (Lissard was sent by Lord Fear to stop them). He would have tried to trick the team into giving them a spell to summon Hordriss to get them out of the dungeon but in reality the spell would kill them. Note that Hordriss would have to be mentioned because the calling spell they were given at the Marblehead Docks permitted them to call Hordriss, even though they didn't meet him during their quest (the team members must have known about Hordriss before they applied to be on the show).

Regarding the calling spell, I believe they would have used it to call Hordriss in the side chamber. When Dunstan won, it turned out that the way out of Marblehead was through the sewers. So they must have been hidden or Majida would have nothing to worry about.
stevendoig
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Re:Series 8 Episode 4

Post by stevendoig »

A few observations/thoughts

Meant to say forearlier episodes, having the Dungeoneer gently lower himself to the ground after passing through a trap door and only getting up when told is an... interesting thing.

Obviously the lack of a Sight spell has been mentioned. I reckon the producers decided they would die in the Corridor of Blades however well the team did.

The new team are such a cute wee bunch :) I liked them immediately

My son pointed out when they drank the invisibilty potion they actually passed THROUGH the Skeletron and surely should have died. - Unless its an intangibility potion as well?

I liked the Dungeoneers banter with Honesty Bartrum, I like when they can take the inintiative a bit and not repeat all the advisors tell them...