Series 5 - Episode 12

Lord_Bob

Re: Series 5 Episode 12 (Fri 14th)

Post by Lord_Bob »

Still I am really looking forward to Monday's Episode, to see the hilarious moment  ;D
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

So whats this hilarious moment I should look out for then, Any spoilers??

Is it the Death Sequence cause that sounds quite funny to watch according to the Series Link?? but then again I dont think we will see the Death until Wednesday so what else happens that is funny??
Last edited by Porsmond on 16 Nov 2003, 15:42, edited 1 time in total.
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Well i dont want to give any spoilers. It is to do with the death sequence if thats what you mean.
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

I think I know what you mean regarding the death sequence, is it the one available on the clips section on the Knightmare website?

The ending to this past episode was...odd, to say the least. I also thought the team death was unfair, and it made me jump too. :o

Still, I'm beginning to like my don't-watch-it-for-two-weeks-(because I can't, being at uni)-then-watch-6-episodes-back-to-back.

I've also started noticing Pickle and Treguard doing a bit of banter during the Eye Shield sequences, thankfully.
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I think I know what you mean regarding the death sequence, is it the one available on the clips section on the Knightmare website?
Yes. It's definitely there.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Cull
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Cull »

In regards to the "reading the menu" argument, I also think it was to do with Chris needing glasses. Could you see someone comfortably wearing specs with the Helmet of Justice on top? :)

In regards to the "did Team 6 die fairly" argument, I'll say that as much as I liked the team, they did make a couple of pretty fatal flaws that should have killed them. But to have a potentially spectacular death that should have killed them replaced with a lousy "yet another causeway death"... UGH!
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

It is confusing how, after making the aforementioned errors, Team 6 were allowed to carry on and almost reach level three when they made the not enough questions correct error in level 1
Billy
Knight
Knight

Re:Series 5 - Episode 12

Post by Billy »

Looks like I made a boo boo when I told Illusion which duplicate threads should be merged....the first four posts in this thread should be in the Episode 11 thread.

This team spent most of this episode on a quest to search Elita's voice. It seems spells don't work on skulls, though, as they (incorrectly) spellcast BAG on it and nothing happened. What's more, they spellcasted it again with the voice and it worked. After that they headed into an usual S6-style room, without that annoying S5 solarise effect. After finding a scroll and key using the divining rod...they fall to their doom in the causeway. Funny how fortunes change in an instant...

Loved the "Could you turn the eyeshield the other way" line from one of the advisors from the next team...and as if by magic, it does!
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Tom41 »

I remember well them trying to spellcast BAG against one of those floating skulls. The production crew clearly weren't ready for it, as nothing happened and no letters appeared on the screen. They were let off though and saved the spell for later.

When they WERE ready for the BAG spell to be cast (with Elita's voice), it took them FOREVER to realise that the voice was there and needed capturing! I thought their life force was going to run out = death when I first watched it ;)
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

They should have lost BAG after they tried to use it on the skull, but then I'm a hard man.

Liked the end squence showing the camera pulling back from the anti-chamber and then reversing through the end credits
Good night out there; whatever you are!
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Excellent! This is where I posted for the first time on an episode thread!

Still think it was a tad unfair, that death. Even 10 months on. Or 13 years, even... ::)
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

I don't really understand how this team died on the Causeway, they were pretty sure-footed...it was like they were killed off just for fun!

I thought it was really funny when the advisor thought the skull should be BAGed! How would a skull be Elita's voice? :D
sonadagothalus
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by sonadagothalus »

I really thought that both Grant and Richard were very cute, and was very sorry to see them die...made me chuckle when i got the dvds and saw them...all came flooding back to me....

Moreso the fact this was 15 years ago and im guessing the boys are settled down with families now :(
Selphie
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Selphie »

I think calling this team cheats is way too harsh. My reasoning for this:

1) The Gwen situation. They took her token, in some quests this would seem to be enough to get the help required to progress. To have to answer questions on top of this makes it a trickier challenge to start with (compared to other quests *this* series, I'm not even going to start on the series 3 comparisons...). The questions themselves were in my opinion, quite difficult. I think the main issue people have with this is that it was stated at the beginning that she wanted two correct answers and then gave the password with one. The team was lucky to be given this yes, but they certainly didn't cheat.

2) The BAG spell. They definatly cast it in the wrong place becuase they thought the haunting was the voice. It's easy for us all to see that it was a FWS but to give the team the benefit they didn't know what they were looking for and opting for trying to bag the chattering teeth skull isn't the silliest mistake I've seen a team make. Again they were lucky that they were allowed to use the spell again, but they weren't cheating; it was the fault of the production team that they weren't prepared for them using the spell early so they had to let them off with it. And if they had been finished here then we wouldn't have had the opportunity for more Pickle complaining about Elita banter... ::)

3) The causeway of death. While we will never know if they were too slow it seems more likely they were in loosing status over the BAG spell and since they couldn't win had to be killed off. I don't think this was the best way to end them, but it was one of the easier ways.

Anyway, I liked this team. They all contributed and were into it without panicking! I salute any team who have thought about how they can direct their dungeoneer at anything other than 90 degree angles ;) The descriptions of the rooms were brief but useful; where the exit is and anything extraordinary. If they'd been given the quest some other teams had I'm sure they would have made it at least into level 3 :).

I only realised on their second episode that they were all from Challoner's boys school, that's not far from me, in fact my mum used to teach there! Although it does seem a bit odd to give a school as where you're from, it's not unusual for people to travel from quite long distances to get to school so it's better to say they're all from there (their common ground) then giving the names of a couple of far flung places .

New team. They look really young! Chris not being able to read the scroll was strange, he must be trying to look down and not looking through his glasses, who knows? Not very helpful to have a dungeoneer with even further reduced vision!
A revolution without dancing isn't a revolution worth having.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 5 - Episode 12

Post by Canadanne »

It's funny to see Alex (and Christopher in the next episode) using a spyglass in that Level 2 clue room, knowing that it's the same room they used for the background of Mount Fear! They have no idea that Lord Fear's sitting there just out of shot and the Frightknights could zoom across at any moment, haha.

When they spellcast BAG to trap Elita's voice, it also magically gives her Pixel's accent for a moment. *g*