Best and worse dressed?

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Best and worse dressed?

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

As ever, I forgot to mention the good side. I'm such a heartless bitch.

That bald guy looked rather good in that charming green ensemble, I thought. Um, and I liked the whole design of Hordriss too- the costume fitted well with the make-up and hair and such.

No remarks about how Marta's top was good since you could look down it from me. And no nice comments about the kidsies' clothes. I have nothing but scorn for their terrible dress sense. Most definitely needed to sidestep their way towards learning to colour co-ordinate.  ;)

Yes, they're children, but I'm a pretty malicious wizard-hag composite who overdosed on Christmas and needs to be evil to compensate.  
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 04 Jan 2004, 05:01, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

No remarks about how Marta's top was good since you could look down it

SO!! whats wrong with that? Anyway you could make the same argument about Sidriss Dress, It was cut lower then Marta's

OK so I can be shallow some times, So Sue Me.
Last edited by Skarkill on 04 Jan 2004, 05:29, edited 1 time in total.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
simiano
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by simiano »

i always thought majidas 1st costume was quite cool.

worst dressed: i might go for elita, sorry looked like a peter pan reject
why do we let these kids mess up our clean and tidy dungeon
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Worst dressed eh? So many choices mainly because it was the 80s and it was set in fantasy you can't expect fashion gurus really can you?
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

You could make the same argument about Sidriss' dress, it was cut lower then Marta's
You're right. The problem wasn't the dress, the problem was the blatant way that Jacqueline Joyce would lean a very long way forward for no reason at all. She did it all the time and I'm sure she was doing it deliberately.

In GG's defence, however, I don't think he's insinuating that Marta's outfit was actually bad. He's just pointing out that being low cut is no reason to say it was a particularly good dress either, which we know a lot of the more red-blooded males on the forum are likely to suggest.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

But there were plenty of other offenders, especially all those horrific pale pink numbers from the early series.
It's not so much the pink numbers but the amount of male members who wore them. My list in order as follows (I wont name individual members though):

Series 1

Team 1: dungeoneer
Team 5: Advisor

Series 2

Team 7: 2 advisors
Team 8: dungeoneer? I can't tell if the shirt's pink or white!
Team 11: advisor? Again I can't tell if the shirt's pink or white!

Series 3

Team 1: advisor
Team 8: advisor

Series 4

Team 4: advisor? Again hard to tell
Team 7: advisor (*please note the advisor in the pink trousers is a girl, so I mean the one in the pink shirt)
Team 8: advisor!

As I say a few of them i can't tell about and there are a few more I can't tell about which I didn't include. I think after series 4 they got a slight bit more colour sense, including all the red numbers from s5 onwards.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

I have to say I always liked Hordriss' attire....There again I happen to like red...and velvet....and suchlike.

Worst?  Well obviously Mr G is hardly up for Ms Fashion 1989....But am sorry to say, I find Treguards potato sack rather unpleasent in seasons 1 and 2.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Pink is fine, it's just it's not really a colour to dress up for action in is it? I mean would anyone go weak at the knees at the thought of Mogdred yelling "QUAIL, INTRUDER!" if he's wandering around in a pink-and-white checked gingham dress?

Mind you, it never stopped him wearing a black dress...
Last edited by HStorm on 04 Jan 2004, 19:58, edited 1 time in total.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

No remarks about how Marta's top was good since you could look down it from me.
SO!! whats wrong with that, indeed. Since in fairness, that was clearly a personal statement. Nice to know that you can still make statements of personal opinion. The finding reasons to dig at (experienced) posters was one reason I disappeared from here. Ho hum.

Thankyou for the comment and defence, HStorm. I'm glad still to see sense. And you are very right. It's amazing how often she deliberately leans too far over for no (other) apparent reason. I wonder if she was hoping "talent" scouts might be watching her efforts.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Well yes, obviously, she was trying to impress prospective producers with her willingness to be risque, what other reason could there be?

And before any of the ladies yell at me about how it's so much more difficult for a woman to make it in this brutal, male-dominated hellhole we call "The World" and how heartless male beasts like myself should try to be more sensitive to that fact etc, I should point out that I'm not necessarily knocking her for "showing off". But it did kind of defeat the point of her character in some ways.

Marta always struck me as one of those characters like Folly i.e. someone who life had left beneath their station. She was clearly cleverer than her role as a serving wench might suggest, and so it seemed to cheapen the character a lot resorting to the old "look-at-me-bosoms" routine. It could even be seen as a missed opportunity by JJ as if she'd played up the character rather than the costume she might have proven her REAL talents rather more.
Last edited by HStorm on 04 Jan 2004, 20:37, edited 1 time in total.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Well, a dungeoneer did comment on Stilettas chest in an S8 outtake...of course he was trying to pretend it was the large case in front of him, but the general direction of his dungeoneers helmet proved otherwise.

Marta was probably the worst offender however, even Lord Fear had that rather dodgy scene with her, if anyone knows which one I mean.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Asking an Atlantean out on a date, I ask you.

Not only did JJ have no shame, she seemed to iron it out of everyone else.   ;)
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

The 'asking out' part aside, Lord F gets distracted for a few seconds during the scene, by something(s), Mark Knight doing some of his impro, no doubt.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

You blokes are all the same aren't you ::). So now we find out the true reason why the producers decided to cancel KM after series 8 then. It was because they thought that KM was becoming a health and safety hazard as they were worried that the poor young adolescent boys would end up dying by drowning from their own slobber.
Last edited by MoanaLiza on 04 Jan 2004, 21:31, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Wh-what? Who, ussshhh? No! We're on the cashe we are! We're in total factrol of our concultiesh, at all timesh. We don't loooosh our headsh when we think about JJ'sh brea-...