Cartoon Troll

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Cartoon Troll

Post by Drassil »

During Knightmare's original, animated, opening sequence, the Cartoon Knight rides past a troll-like creature behind a barred window.

I was wondering, has anyone got any theories on this creature? Why is he/it/she incarcerated? Are there other prisoners?

My half-baked theory: it's Majida. She underwent an ugly-duckling-to-swan-type transformation at some point. Or swan-to-ugly-duckling, depending on how strongly you feel.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Cartoon Troll

Post by Fidjit »

You know what Drassil? I haven't got the foggiest! A troll locked up... It could be a goblin?
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I think it's just a prisoner.
Subject to change.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I think it's just a prisoner.
In big and bold writing!  :D

Well, I guess we have to state the obvious once in a while...  ;D
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

You can always rely on me to leech the fun out of a situation. ;D
Subject to change.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Next time you watch early Knightmare (Series 3 is the earliest I've seen), keep an eye out for the troll. I think there's a kind of 'whoop' in the music as the Knight passes it. The troll, goblin, halfling or whatever looks melancholy for some reason.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

http://knightmare.v21hosting.co.uk/clip ... 3titles.rm

Looking at it I think that it's just a prisoner. I don't think that it's a troll though. We'll have to ask Bva next time he's on. Also is the Knight supposed to be anyone? I shouldn't think that it's Treguard as the Knight doesn't have a beard. Anyone know who the Knight is or could be? or is he no one in particular?
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Yep, think it's just a guy looking a bit the worse for wear. I'm definitely on for working out who exactly it is tho. My own thought is that it's Lillith when she didn't get her daily humbug fix. Tim Child had to lock her up since she became so hysterical and bearded and whatnot.
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 14 Oct 2003, 01:45, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Looking at it again, definately (I think) has that Pickle look, especially with those pointy ears. My thoery is that somebody captured Pickle right before series one, which he was put into a cell deep in the dungeon, where he had to remain there until right before series 4. During s4-7 Pickle either got let out and put into Treguard's Chamber only during quests, which he had to return to his cell when there wasn't any quests in action. Or they moved him completely from the cell into Treguards chamber, where he became Treguards responsibility. I believe that Pickle was released to go back to the forest after the end of s7.

What probably happened was that Pickle did something he shouldn't have and jailed in a cell up until right before s4, which then he had to undergo like a rehabilitation programme and community service type thing with Treguard. When he was finished he was released and was free to go.

(My mind wonders again ::))
Elita
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Elita »

I always wondered what the hell was the big glowy slimy thing (marvellous technical description there  ;)) that burst out of the ground just before the title came up. It certainly scared the crap out of me as a child! I used to hide behind a cushion until it was gone.
"Gentlemen! Please! You can fight like itsy bitsy babies later. Right now we have adult name-calling and mud-slinging to attend to."
- Dr. Nightmare, Attorney at Law
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I shouldn't think that it's Treguard as the Knight doesn't have a beard.
Mind you Marge2003 it could be Treguard in his early twenties...  ;D
Moocowthingy
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Moocowthingy »

Personaly I think it looks like the Golem from Lord of the rings.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

You sure the ickle prisoner guy wasn't a basis for Sly Hands?  ;) Now there's a thought...
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I always wondered what the hell was the big glowy slimy thing (marvellous technical description there  ;)) that burst out of the ground just before the title came up
That was Lillith too. It's her reaction when Tim Child told her the small pile of cash he'd just left on her causeway was her fee for the whole series, not just for that episode.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I thought I'd dig this topic up again through looking at the pictures section of the main website. For some reason I couldn't copy the link but for those of you who don't know its' under the pictures section and series the 1-5 title sequence bit. It says it was definately a person though.