Am I too old to like Knighmare?

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Am I too old to like Knighmare?

Post by Emii »

Why don't you just clean up her old one? You never know - she might be sweet and innocent for a while ^.^
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Re: Am I too old to like Knighmare?

Post by Snowwiewolf »

What do you mean sweet and innocent for awhile?½! :-[ :-X :-/ :-* :'(
:P
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Too old for Knightmare?

Post by Fidjit »

I am sixteen, and yet my mom says I'm too old for Knightmare. She says it is a "kids game" but I said to her, "would little kids know what the first calculator was ever used was?"

Any ways it is up to you to decide...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Too old for Knightmare?

Post by Velda »

Tell your mum there are lots of other people your age (and older) that love KM.  For one, it isn't childish and quite often only adults will pick up on some of the humour!  Apart from that it causes grown men/women to jump out of their skins at certain points! :) If your mum still insists it's too young for you after argueing these points, then there's just no hope for her as a KM fan.  You keep on loving KM for as long as you want! ;D
King_Gazz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by King_Gazz »

i know what your saying mate my dad is just as bad as your mum he is a right killjoy he never lets me watch programmes like knightmare and the adventure game, he wants me watching stuff like war films, and wildlife programmes.
Blocker: PASSWORD? Advisor: Chris say red, blue, green & Grey. Chris: red, green, blue & grey. Advisor No chris red, blue. Blocker: GULP
Cull
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Cull »

16? Too old? Absolute bull-rubbish... tell her about my dad - he may not love Knightmare as much as some of us, but he certainly enjoys watching it with me - and he's 53! (I'd also take this opportunity to point out that my Dad's also the only other person in the house who has the same musical tastes as I do ;D )

You can never really be "too old" for Knightmare - it's part of our cult heritage. It's a bit like saying we're not allowed to watch Doctor Who anymore because it was a kid's program (which, by matter of fact for those who didn't know, it was )!
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Or like saying you shouldn't go and see any cartoon films because they're "kids' stuff".
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I'm in my mid-20s but I feel that Knightmare will be a major part of me for the rest of my life and there's nothing no-one else can do to change that.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

You can never be too old for Knightmare. Never. Ignore the detractors, they probably watch soaps. Aren't soaps just mindless TV? Probably, but we don't criticise them for it (well, yes, some of us join in). So they should leave us with our real quality stuff.
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Why does it always seem to be the 'old' mums especially and dads that seem to think that Knightmare is 'stupid', 'immature' and 'childish' for us. My mum is one who thinks that it is. Although I have to say that she is hooked to Pink Panther at the moment and probably wouldn't say that that's childish even though it's a cartoon. I say you never grow old for cartoons and 'kiddies' programmes unless of course they are for the very young e.g. The Teletubies, Tweenies, etc. or what ever the 'young'uns' watch nowadays, for which even I say I am definately too old to watch them though. I have to admit about four or five years ago I was in a college placement for my course and where I was placed I was subjected to the same Teletubies episode almost every time I was there. It was a tape and they would play it almost everyday. It was bad enough watching the Teletubies anyway but the same tape literally day after day became a bit manotomous and a bit much.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Now I know how my parents felt when I used to watch the same Thomas the Tank Engine video every so often. Still, at least thomas talked English..

I don't like The Pink Panther, but I do like The Inspector, one of its secondary features. The Ant and the Aardvark and Crazy Legs Crane are awful, though. Sorry, gone on a tangent again.
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Well my parents told me it was on Challenge and got me hooked again. Don't worry what they say, its not for them to judge you on what you can and cannot like
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

I don't like The Pink Panther, but I do like The Inspector, one of its secondary features. The Ant and the Aardvark and Crazy Legs Crane are awful, though.
I adore the original Pink Panther - I think it's the finest cartoon ever made, and certainly suitable for all ages. The first ever PP cartoon won an Oscar, and it deserved it. The soundtrack, animation and humour are all first class. Just imagine what would happen today if they tried to make a cartoon for children about a guy who never speaks but walks around naked and smokes with a cigarette holder - but it was acceptable in the 60s!  ;) Henry Mancini even made a cameo in one of the cartoons.

I do like the Inspector Clouseau cartoons ('don't say si, say oui'!), and I enjoyed the Ant & Aadvark cartoons when I was younger (I found out recently that the Aadvark was voiced by Jackie Mason), but I agree that Crazylegs Crane was and is poor.

The Pink Panther, and presumably the Inspector cartoons sandwiched in between, are showing on Boomerang/Cartoon Network at the moment, I'm told. Along with Knightmare on Challenge?, this is proof that, like a boomerang, the best programmes come back! So it is our right to watch them!  :)

Now that I have two young nephews, I have an excuse (not that I needed one) to watch all those children's programmes from 'our day' again. SuperTed, and Pob (the character that Anne Wood made before she made Teletubbies) are already proving popular.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Now, SuperTed is just fine, but Pob was well, cheap and nasty.

SuperTed is still shown, but in Welsh. So much for trying to comprehend it, then.

The Pink Panther would have been better if a) It looked a little less grotty and b) Didn't borrow almost all the jokes from Looney Tunes.

But now I'm being too critical.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Er... well, at least we agree on Knightmare.  :)
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.