Worst team

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Worst team

Post by Velda »

Series 8 Team 1 seamed pretty pathetic from what I've read.

What was that one that sidestepped the wrong direction and went strait into the pit? That was a laugh. ;D
I agree with you about the first team of Series 8 - they were absolute c**p! (Pardon my French, hehe!)

The answer to your question is Simon, from the fourth team in Series 4. And we'll see him falling all over again sometime this week, I think!  ;D

Apologies to any Welsh people here, but when I first heard Team 4's accent I was astounded 'cause I'd never heard voices like that before (it must have been the first time I'd heard a Welsh accent), and I laughed at the sound of it! It was so unusual to me and my mum commented on it too. I love the Welsh accent, but my 10 year old self (that's how old I was when S4 was on CITV) found it really strange! Sorry 'bout that!
Last edited by Velda on 03 Jun 2003, 15:48, edited 1 time in total.
rachelesque
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by rachelesque »

i don't know.  i think team 1 in series 8 interpreted the scroll differently as i did.  'green for a girl, black for a boy'

they had a boy as the dungeoneer, therefore they didn't need the girl's item and chose the other one.  it's a perfectly sound interpretation and i think they get too much flack for it.

admittedly, i have never seen knightmare have gender specific things in game before but...
beamrider2600
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by beamrider2600 »

Yes, I've been looking at Series 4 on this website and that is coming up. Of course, I'm only basing my opinions on what I read on this site; I've only ever seen series 6, 7 and 8 - and even then I was quite young and it was a decade ago. I really can't remember the specific details, although I do remember that team 1 series 8 were pretty bad.
..........................lets go ride some BEAMS!!
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

I remember seeing the "green for a girl black for a boy" episode and even if we discount the interpretation of him being a guy dingeoneer was there any way they were to know to take the dagger?

i mean did they not get enough infomation out of a character or somthing? otherwise how were they supposed to know they needed the girl and not the boy?
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

Hey up all.

People: scream at me and correct me impetuously if I'm wrong at any stage.

Hehe.. series 8, team 1. Now, I couldn't award this the worst team: they were poor.. but at least they made it to the end of the level. The whole singular-escape-through-Stilleta idea seemed a little bit harsh at the time, although it signalled some intentions with the mighty red dragon 'Bal Sheba' bursting into level 1 to do some roasting.

Akash's quest (S2) was mightily bad, but I give it credit for two things - actually suriving a bomb room, and at least using some magic to effect. Plus, it was entertaining!

That leaves Douglas (S3) - as my choice for the worst and worst by far. Sorry chaps if you get to read this - said nothing right, did nothing right. True, Motley could have only helped ahead, and would have made no difference to the lack of glove for bomb room - but sneaking off and saying nothing was just kind of incredulous.
Knightmarian. alphavillean. Marvellian.
King_Gazz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Who was the most Crappest team ever in Knightmare?

Post by King_Gazz »

I Think it was team 8 in series 3 they did not ave a clue n died 2 early in the game.
Blocker: PASSWORD? Advisor: Chris say red, blue, green & Grey. Chris: red, green, blue & grey. Advisor No chris red, blue. Blocker: GULP
Arcengal
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Who was the most Crappest team ever in Knightm

Post by Arcengal »

Arguably any of these three:

The team in series one which took one object.

Akash and company who needed to spellcast TRUTH just to survive the clue room...(that might be inaccurate).

Simon and a leftward sidestep.
4 line sigs yada yada yada
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Akash and company who needed to spellcast TRUTH just to survive the clue room...(that might be inaccurate).
That's true. To my knowledge they were the only team in the history of Knightmare who didn't have a clue about all three riddles. If they hadn't have had the TRUTH spell we would seen Igneous 'feed on' them.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Indeed! Plus, have you noticed that they were the only team in series 2 who didn't get the Wheel Of Fate at the start of their quest? Interesting.
Subject to change.
grumphicks
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by grumphicks »

I only wish someone had stacked it off the turntable for choosing your quest during series 4.
We are no longer the knights who say ni! We are now the knights who go Neeeow wum.... ping!
Rockin_Pickle
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Rockin_Pickle »

Wasn't there some nesbitt who took the helmet off in the dungeon!?!

If I'm remembering that correctly then surely that team is up there
WhiteFloatingSkull
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

'Say hello to the Goblins, Julie'

Post by WhiteFloatingSkull »

Something about a girl called Julie giving a present to goblins springs to mind... ;D
WoOOo, I am the floating Skull - bite my shiny cranium!!!
It still waits.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Any of the following deaths might be up there:

- "Would you like a present?"
- "Simon - sidestep to your left..." (not such a bad team, actually, just not much good with their directions)
- "Akash, the headache healer?"
- "You're in a bomb room and..." *bang*

Oh yes - and nobody took their helmet off in the dungeon, excepting people wishing to listen to the Oracle of Confusion!
Last edited by Pooka on 25 Jun 2003, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Akash from S2, no doubt for me.  The team even laughed at the times when they should have been guiding him out of danger.  Not smart.

Simon and co. from S4 were probably the funniest (not through design)

And if I am honest, I didn't find Dunstens team from S8 too good on the direction etc....Not the worst, though.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

I agree with Akash, but erm, not Dunstan's team - they won, after a fashion, and there were a LOT more teams who were much worse at directions...
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.