Hi all.... which episode??

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Mr_Festus
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Hi all.... which episode??

Post by Mr_Festus »

Hi all,

I am Andrew :) I have been reading the Knightmare Forum for the last few months and eventually joined.

A massive fan of the show and so glad to see such a brilliant webite, I genuinly mean that, it is fantastic.

I seem to remember and episode where Pickle actually went into the game? Was there a table in the episode? This is just going by memory so I apologise for how incorrect I probably am.

Thanks and look forward to chatting :)

Andrew.
ooooooooo Nasty!
pickle
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Hi all.... which episode??

Post by pickle »

i think)although my memory is perretty rubbish) it was in series 5, when he told the elf guy that the dungeoneer wasn't food. But you could look on the series link and then click 'teams' and you'll find what you're looking for

hope that helps?!
Mr_Festus
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Mr_Festus »

Hia,

Thanks for that info :) I think that was right yes. I seem to remember him warning that is was not safe or something.

Andrew.
ooooooooo Nasty!
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

I remember watching that episode, but I couldn't tape it for some reason. It was the same episode where letters started appearing in places around the dungeon, and I think it was actually from the early stages of series 4. Your guess is as good as mine, though.

And welcome to the board.
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Mr_Festus
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Mr_Festus »

Its really good to be joining it. I have been meaning to get round to it for so long but just now bothered. Lazy git that I am  ;)

Do we know if Challenge? are showing Knightmare in April? They are just repeating series 3 again.

Andrew.
ooooooooo Nasty!
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Its really good to be joining it. I have been meaning to get round to it for so long but just now bothered. Lazy git that I am  ;)

Do we know if Challenge? are showing Knightmare in April? They are just repeating series 3 again.

Andrew.
Hi and welcome, Andrew. Glad you got around to joining us. :)

We're not officially sure exactly what Challenge? are going to do once they've shown Series 3 again. There was talk of another Cult Selection in which KM might feature, but they seem to be using their Cult stuff late on weekends, so perhaps the plan changed. Or perhaps they still intend to have a few days dedicated to it.

They have asked on their forum- supposedly just out of interest- what other series of KM people would suggest they acquired if they ever did buy another series. That might mean something. It might not.

In fact, they probably don't know what they're doing yet themselves. Oh drat, I was supposed to be giving up making nasty remarks about Challenge? for Lent. Forget I said that. They're wonderful. We all love them. Me especially.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Mr_Festus
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Mr_Festus »

lol. thanks for the welcome deary  :P

I would like to see Knightmare back on Challenge? Out of interest. Did many of your prefer the older Knightmares? by that I mean the one's show between 92-94 or back right at the beginning? 1988 etc...

Cheers

Andrew.
ooooooooo Nasty!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

It was definitely series 4. Welcome, btw!  ;)
Last edited by Malefact on 26 Mar 2003, 22:42, edited 1 time in total.
Subject to change.
Mr_Festus
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Mr_Festus »

I really need to jog my memory. It is really weird watching some of the clips and remembering them!

Until, I have watched them all again, it is kind of hard for me to choose... but I think I prefer the older ones :)

Andrew.
ooooooooo Nasty!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I know what you mean! I can recall watching the clips from series 1 back in 2001, some 14 years after I first saw it, and actually remembering some of it.

I also prefer the older series. The new series being developed will be from the same vein as them.  :)

I must say it'll be quite weird to see a series 1/2/3 style dungeon with series 7/8 characters (Lord Fear and Lissard are, I believe, extremely likely to return)!
Subject to change.
Mr_Festus
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Mr_Festus »

Lord Fear and Lissard to return  ;D Hurray!

I got confused at first with the Timegate thing as I thought that was going to be the new Knightmare. Am I right in thinking thats a completely different show then?

Andrew.
ooooooooo Nasty!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

That's right. TimeGate is a different show altogether. It has actually (to the best of my knowledge) been fully developed and it awaiting commissioning. The new Knightmare is still in the early stages of development. TeleVirtual is giving us exclusive access to its development, too! Check out the Km development bit (from the front page). There's a link to their web site with all the new test graphics.

Btw, nothing has been written in stone about the return of Lord Fear and Lissard. As far as I know, Mark Knight (who played Lord Fear) is living in America atm. Getting him to uproot and head back to good old Blighty may not be easy, although in a recent interview he'd play Lord Fear again "in a heartbeat". Also, Tim Child has said he'd like Hugo Myatt to return as Treguard. The final decision I think will lie with the television station that commissions the new series - although I doubt that they would wish to tinker with the formula (I hope!)
Subject to change.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Oooooooooooooooooooo excitment-excitment!

That would make a pretty damn good title for that name of a show depicting the return of Knightmare. I think i sorta nicked it from Spectacular Spectacular, though.

Shut up, Emii.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Mr_Festus
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Mr_Festus »

Hugo must return!  :) It really is a fantastic character he plays.

I really liked Motley as well and if Hordiss was back and played by Cliff, that would be amazing as well :)

A really brilliant show with well thought out characters, I miss it alot :(

Andrew.
ooooooooo Nasty!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Hordriss was played by Clifford Norgate, actually.  ;)

It'd be very nice to see him back as well, although I don't know how old he is - he might be retired by now.  :(

He's an excellent actor, in any case. He has a lot of presence.
Subject to change.