Age for Knightmare

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
blackjack
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Age for Knightmare

Post by blackjack »

I have often wondered what ages would enjoy watching Knightmare nowadays, remembering the reasons sited for axing the show as the shift of the demography into computer games etc. The core age in its day seemed about 12-14, give or take a year or two each side. I can't imagine modern kids that age showing much interest in the program. VR if I recall used two aged 11 and 9.

Also I wonder what the age limits were for entering the show. Some looked about 16ish and probably the cut off was about here. There was also one inparticular (Jeremy from s4 I think) where two advisors looked no more than 11 and probably younger.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Age for Knightmare

Post by JamesA »

I would say that the age range for watching Knightmare in these modern times would be around mid-20s to mid-30s as young adults relive the memories of what a fantastic programme Knightmare was when it was broadcast. Maybe the nostaligia could eventually reach early teens as they see for themselves how good Knightmare was - I know we currently have a couple of forum members in their late teens so we can only live in hope.

Back in the day, the generally accepted age for kids to apply on the programme was 11-15 years (i.e. were in secondary school). I know some of the contestants looked more 16-17ish, so maybe the production team agreed to be a bit lenient on this policy for some exceptions.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

hmmm, I could be wrong, but I think the age range is greater than 11-15.
Alex must be about 5.5 years older than me, and I was 11 when I was on the show.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

I certainly found it hard to believe that some of the later teams were as young as 15, they looked more like uni students!