The life-force sequences

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: The life-force sequences

Post by Malefact »

The life force clock also serves as a kind of extension to the incidental music:

Series 2, team 1, Mildread's chamber:

"You've got nothing to offer me and I've got nothing to offer you...."

The life force clock appeared at this point and started to degrade. Very ominous! It almost teases the viewers!
Subject to change.
Trial_by_Spikes
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Trial_by_Spikes »

If I'm quite honest, being born in 1984, I remember the skeleton falling to bits sequence that little bit more and always found that quite scary. But, having suddenly discovered this large Knightmare community on the net, and having watched video clips, I must concur that the face is a more effective device. I remember the appearance of the cake and discussing with my friends on the Monday at school how rubbish it was (I also remember our disgust at the new helm of justice). The scariest noise in Knightmare was undoubtedly the goblin horn though. Terrifying. I wonder if Broadsword actually recorded this noise themselves or whether it was a recording they just managed to get hold of?
Oh look there's J.G. Ballard in a burnt-out fridge with a spitfire pilot.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

They most likely had an archive of sound recordings to choose from, in Anglia TVs vaults. A load of Km's sound effects are used on other programmes, to this day.

For example, on Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway (I don't really watch it that much) they use the same sound effect on their video wall that Km had when the dungeoneer selected runes with the Reach Wand in series 8.
Subject to change.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

My favourite was the face. At least, joint favourites with the skeleton. I liked the face, and the way it always used to pop up and stuff. Nevertheless - I liked the skeleton, because it scared me to bits. Especially with the ominous clanks!
I liked the idea of the cake, but it could have been used a lot more effectively. perhaps - one piece falling off (and being shown falling off) in every room, so the team need food every five rooms or so or else they run out of cake, and die?

I like cake, if that helps. (sorry Alex)
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.