The Bomb Room

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
scribbler
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

The Bomb Room

Post by scribbler »

I've finally managed to watch last weekend's episodes from challenge (alas, my job sucks, so I didn't watch then until yesterday)... and I have a question about the bomb room...

Is this particular room different physically from the rest of them? As in, the chromakey colour?

Last sunday, a team died in the bomb room (The girls?), an animation of the bomb blowing up played... during the explosion, the "blue screen" studio can be clearly seen, except it's white. When playing it back in frame-advance, a temporary white wall can be clearly seen where the door on the left is. After that, the whole image maxed out to white.

Any ideas?
Jericho6
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: The Bomb Room

Post by Jericho6 »

I think what you're actually seeing is the shading on the blue-screen room. After all, the dungeoneers and characters have shadows, they have to be derived from the shade of blue in the blue-screen room. Therefore any slight variation in the shade can be seen against any light single-colour background that the Km guys choose to plonk onto the picture :)
If 'exclude' is the opposite of 'include', then what's the opposite of 'increment'?
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: The Bomb Room

Post by Malefact »

It was probably just a colour cycling thing - all the computer colours are morphed into white.
Subject to change.