Level 1 and 2

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Level 1 and 2

Post by Wolfshead »

Ages ago I asked which series had the best level 3, but what about 1 and 2?

Also what levels would you put together to make an ideal series?

Level 1 from series 3, with some rooms from series 4 and 8
Level 2 from series 2, with some rooms from series 4
Level 3 from series 4, with a few rooms from series 3
TheIronMaiden
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:Level 1 and 2

Post by TheIronMaiden »

Hmmm...not entirely sure. But I will say I loved those levels when they utilised outdoor castles and stuff in them. Very picturesque and mysterious...
Willowherb
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Willowherb »

Series 3 had the best Level 1 (love that giant dice at the start!) and series 2 had the best Level 2. I think I'd try to splice those together with some of the wilderness stuff from the later seasons - that gives you an excuse for having Smirkenorrf. For Level 3 it'd be great to have Lord Fear as the villain.
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

I prefer the dungeon to forests, castles and villages. You really get the feeling that the dungeonere is getting further and further underground. I prefer to think of Knightmare as a sub-teranian dungeon beneath the castle rather than a gateway to a medieval/fantasy world with lots of open spaces. Forests were alright, but they just din't have the same feel as gloomy dungeons.
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

I think I preferred being outside in Level 1 to give the sense of the journey before coming into the room-by-room game play of the "dungeon " in last levels (e.g. The Sewers of Goth)

However, I rememebr in one or two of the middle series you always willed quests not to end as going back to level one was so repetative.

And you need the chance to get a Smirkinoff flight in their, of course!
Good night out there; whatever you are!
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

yeah, it was the level 1 of series 4 that was far to repetative. In fact levels 2 and 3 were also rather repetative.
TheIronMaiden
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by TheIronMaiden »

Harvey Towers wrote:And you need the chance to get a Smirkinoff flight in their, of course!
I'll give props to that! ;D
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

Series 1 and 2 had the best early levels. So much better than those outdoor areas. Although Smirkenorff was a good addition.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
DazzaS
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by DazzaS »

Having Goth as llevel two is great. the new style environment coupled with a level 3 chalenge and a gloomy atmosphere did put the difficulty back into it again.
Level 1 from seris 3 would be a good addition because that in my opinion was the best one. then at the end have level 3 from seris three witht the ending seris 2 had because we neevr found out how level 3 ended in the third seris.
Ooh, nasty!
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

I don't like the ending to Series 2 - you really need a "final encounter" with Lord Fear - back in Series 2 all the team did was walk into another room and find out they had won.
Good night out there; whatever you are!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I did enjoy the way the first winning team won, though, with the very first Life Force emergency. But maybe a final conflict would have been an added bonus. I think series 4 was the first series to really excel in this way.
Subject to change.