An ideal third level?

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
123Pooka
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

An ideal third level?

Post by 123Pooka »

What would make the absolute best level 3? I remember topics on perfect knightmare, and the best series mix, but this time (along similar lines), I'm thinking what would make the greatest final stages of a quest.

Here's some level 3 memories, to jog your memory:
The medusa
The gargoyle
The cat statues chamber
Morghanna's narrow ledge area
The stained glass chamber
Transporter pads
The corridor of blades
The crumbling bridge of Mogdred
The B&T
Winteria
The Great Causeways (s5+6)
Ariadne's lair
Play your Cards right
Linghorn
The fireball chamber (green tiles)
Marblehead

My ideal level 3 would start off in an eerie dwarf tunnel (s3 style, with the sound effects of s6 and 7)I would include a final conflict with Mogdred, before then, the portcullises of series 8 for tension, the corridor of blades, the block and tackle, and a medusa somewhere in between! To finish off, (supposing a team beat gets as far as the end) there would be a view of the dungeoneer running toward the camera courageously, holding their quest object, running away from a collapsing dungeon.
Last edited by 123Pooka on 07 Aug 2004, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back. Oooh nasty, didn't realise the road ended there!
keke
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:An ideal third level?

Post by keke »

i agree with the dungeoneer running away with the quest object and most of what you've said actually
Knightmare game completion:
Level 1: 100%
Level 2: 8%
Level 3: 1%
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

I always though that the Sewers of Goth fitted that bill as they have movement exercises, problem solving (pycr) and character interaction (with the 'boatman')
Good night out there; whatever you are!
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

Wow. How many can we choose? Needs a lot of thinking, and I'd probably want to keep changing my mind as well. I think I'd start with a dank S6/7 style dwarf tunnel, likely with a pursuit, followed by a standard numeral causeway, as per Alan's quest, S6. I'd follow this with one of the S2 two-tier clue rooms - entering by one of the higher doors, and leaving on the lower level to either the Play Your Cards Right or Corridor of Blades. I'd follow this with the Linghorm entrance passageway (guarded by a skeletron or other such pleasantry), and one of the eye-shield follow-corridors of either S8 Level 3 domain. I'd then have Morghanna's ledge with a facial appearance, with a similar pursuit, and then a final showdown in the Stained Glass room, which would contain the quest object. I would then have the team collect the quest object and have to select the correct split downscreen, and the guillotine final chamber, fighting against a depleted life force to the arrow, which would act as a transporter - either returning the dungeoneer back to the antechamber, or provide an ending point (as S4) whereby Hordriss or Merlin could return them. Even then, I feel guilty for leaving out the Medusa; but that's the basis of my ideal final level.
Knightmarian. alphavillean. Marvellian.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I'd rather like it if there were a two-tiered Level Three. The first tier would be a sort of a "Hell's Kitchen" - a system of huge underground caves, like something off Journey To The Centre Of The Earth (and the ride into Level Three would be a minecart ride like S3's but featuring much more) filled with armies of goblins marching in formation, patrolling them.

The second tier would be much more enclosed (like S1-3) and would feature a confrontation with the Big Baddie, whoever that may be. He/she would offer the Dungeoneer an ultimatum - safe passage back to Knightmare Castle, rather than continue and rescue the maid.

The Dungeoneer chooses the latter, though - even though Life Force is critical. He/she manages to rescue her, but only though self-sacrifice - Life Force runs out when he/she is racing to find the Way Out.

Treguard begins to dismiss the team but, as if by magic, the Dungeoneer is resurrected and they get their trophies.

The moral here is that a true winner is prepared to sacrifice themselves for the greater good - the ultimate defence of Truth and Justice.
Subject to change.
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

What about doing the Corridor of Blades in the minecart?
simiano
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by simiano »

ud get sliced every time a mine cart only goes where its rails take it
why do we let these kids mess up our clean and tidy dungeon
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

I was thinking that the team might have to change at points etc
123Pooka
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by 123Pooka »

The corridor of blades in a minecart? Now that would most definitely be harsh. First the cart is demolished and the poor dungeoneer is toppled in a state on the floor, then the blades approach for left overs. :o
Now that would be..... need I even say the word.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back. Oooh nasty, didn't realise the road ended there!
LordF
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by LordF »

How about a blade going down the middle line of the corridor, we have the bottom one that's caused many deaths, the top one that really does nothing, the middle one could cause the dungoeneer to either A. Duck or B. Move to the other side.
LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

i would make it s3 hard
morgana ormodgred
cof blades
block and tackle, great causeway,